Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DLIGHTNING

Do you remember when ?

My first Easton aluminum shaft. Gretzky Junior Edition.

+1 on that...loved that thing.

Also, VacuTacks (sp?), put your feet in the bag and they turned on the machine to mold them...no heat, just pressure.

Bauer Air90 skates...built like tanks.

Cooper SK2000 helmet...loved the Mike Gartner bucket.

OLD cooper 4-rolls. I can remember having the Buffalo colors in HS...cutting the cuff short and stitching them closed.

I was just talking about this yesterday with one of my associates!

I remember when I got a pair of easton gloves with the "air bladder". And then the mighty ducks came out I had to have the jofa egg helmet with the itech combo face mask!

Ahh the simple days.....

I was just talking about this yesterday with one of my associates!

I remember when I got a pair of easton gloves with the "air bladder". And then the mighty ducks came out I had to have the jofa egg helmet with the itech combo face mask!

Ahh the simple days.....

A friend of mine still rocks the Egg w/ the Itech...I believe he's had it since Peewees...turned 29 this year, not sure how that fits him :)

My favorite stick was the Easton convex aluminum with the silver tip. i used a 110 flex when i was about 5'5 and 125 pounds! i didnt know better at the time. i scored my first HS goal with that!

I played beer league against a guy who had one of those. one game he cranked up a shot and broke it. he looked like he was going to cry right there and then. he was so upset he made the mistake of tossing it over the glass incurring a 2 minute penalty.

If this was a USAH game, he should've gotten a dime for tossing it over the glass per Rule 636c - Throwing Stick. I've had to call this one time, in an adult game, and I felt like a jerk for having to do it. The guy had two halves of a stick and I knew what he was going to do, and I kept yelling at him "Drop the stick! Don't throw it over the glass! Don't do it!" I wasn't all that far away from him and I'm not especially quiet, but I think it just didn't register what I was saying or why I was saying it.

Canadien 9001 aluminum shafts

I still have mine! Ordered it from Great Skate for around $45 with money earned from my paper route.

I also loved my old Cooper SK600 helmet, that thing was comfortable as heck on my head. and most of my youth hockey was played wearing long Cooperalls.

As long as there was noone in the area and he was right by the glass, you could've let it slide in a men's league game.

My first Easton aluminum shaft. Gretzky Junior Edition.

I won one of these in a tournament so long ago when I was a kid. Actually, my whole team did.

The tournament was sponsored by the Local shop that also happened to sponsor one of the teams that was also playing. They put up a TON of equipment for the tournament winners (which everyone thought would be that shop sponsored team).

At the end of the day, that team lost and we won. haha!

We were on top of the world.

sorry for the long story.

i had some good gear back in the day. easton yzerman shaft, easton orange ultra-lite, and my yellow intermediate synergy grip, those were my favorite sticks. also loved my old jofa 7500 elbow pads, my grandfathers howie meeker shouldies and my mission matrix gloves.

orange synergy si-core...ccm externo's...dont know why but i loved mine in peewees

Oddly enough, I've seen guys who still use both of those. There's a guy who uses Externos at school, see him at pickup, another guy there has been spotted with a si core, and I've seen at least on ECAC ref still in Externos.

My First set of goalie pads were called the Mylec Eliminators. They were just pillows with straps on them, no padding at all. I think they are still laying around somewhere, but I beat the crap out of them.

Also, before we got a decent sporting goods store in town, I had to buy all of my stuff at the toy store, which meant Franklin EVERYTHING. Like those sticks with the screw on plastic blades that I could bend the crap out of so I had a curve. Great STuff.

I was at a local hockey store and he had one of those old KOHO oval sticks (navy blue with yellow KOHO lettering).

Does anyone remember those? A customer dropped it off for him to put up on the wall.

I cannot find a picture anywhere online of it but it brought back memories of every kid just having to have one of them at the time (20 years ago perhaps?)

Was a big fan of the Chelios curve on my Sher-Wood 9950 woodies back in the day...

Also liked the Bauer MBP(?) pull-on girdle - I'd love to get my hands on a new size Large. Not a fan of the wraps out there now and the Tackla I tried on didn't do it for me. Haven't tried the Synergy, though.

The aluminum Easton that always comes to mind when I think back is a blue shaft with yellow writing. Can't remember the model #.

the H16......loved that stick. scored my first hat trick in pee wees with it. still got it too

I've got a helmet I call "The Frankenstein" because I made it from parts of 2 helmets.

I took the ultra comfortable liner from my mission Carbster and put it in the shell of a CCM HT 500 helmet. I also removed the plastic CCM ear straps and installed the leather straps from the Carbster. I stuck one of those old Jofa Pro bubble visors on and Voila! My perfect Frankenstein helmet!

I thought the Easton Synthesis was a great shaft, I only got rid of it because I couldn't find a good selection of tapered blades locally.

I too was a fan of the TPS rubber shafts and also a big fan of the Easton GripLite. Haven't had a stick with as good of a grip coating as those two ever.

Also still rocking these bad boys...

BauerEPX90.jpg

Super flexible due to the hinge, tank-like all plastic outer shell, and a long forearm making no extra wrist protection necessary.

I believe they made shoulders as well as shins with the same hinge concept.

Having to get chest and arm protectors separately haha.

Oh yeah! I remember wearing the Franklin chest plate (looked like a bullet proof vest) and then I wore some strange arm pads that I found somewhere. I still always had bruises. Luckily it was ball hockey.

I bet this cage is older than many of the posters. I still like it. It has the right combination of vision, protection, comfort and user friendliness. I don't have to worry about scratches or fogging. Anyone else rocking one of these egyptian artifacts? I'm not sure, but I think this is the same cage that Jesus wore the year he led the Mesopotamian League in scoring.

055.jpg

Oh man Hipster..... Me want it..... Many years ago while I was away at Ohio State my mom gave away my Northland Makita II with that mask on it... :huh: What I do have around here somewhere is one that looks like a low profile "forwards version" of the Cooper goalie mask with the same cage pattern. Instead of rounded, it's flat\square on the bottom.

I've been looking for another one of those and a set of Cooper XL3 ML shoulder pads for years.

OK, I'll play:

-WinnWell helmet with the Pro Tec mask pictured above and a two strap Reidell football chinstrap

-Cooperall Pro girdle with long and short shell

-Cooper XL3 ML shoulder pads.

-KOHO 950 shoulder pads

-Cooper DG 32? ArmourFlex Shinguards with extra padding added from an old pair of shins

-Cooper EK46 Professional Elbow Pads

-Daoust 501 Supernational boots

-Perfecta Blades

-KOHO Pro Fiber stick - "Hitch" or a custom shaped (with the help of a propane torch, leather gloves and a towel) PP 30 pattern

-Cooper 16" SuperPro gloves - long cuff came up to meet the slash guard on the EK46's on my then 6 foot frame. (both all leather and the lighter "Tuff Stuff" woven nylon)

-Original Cooper SK500 helmet with the dual density foam

-Pro Tec helmet with dual density foam - still used for skateboarding, rafting, and such to this day. Add that Pro Tec cage and a single strap football chinstrap and you were styling...

Anyone else here old enough to remember the Cooper SK20, SK200, and SK300 helmets? How about the Cooper "teeth guard" and the Jofa mouth guard that seems to have found another life on the motocross circuit brefore full face helmets hit the market.