Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

Young to the NFL

I think he'll pull an Aaron Rodgers, learn from a vet and ease his way in. One strong point of his game was his ability to break tackles and you can't do that in teh show. Just hopefully he doesn't go to San Fran, who's going to teach him there? Alex Smith?

As for Reggie in San Fran..:D

Money-wise? Great deal. Football-wise? Not smart. I can't remember the last QB that came out early to have any kind of impact.

Bad news for UT. How do you replace a QB like Vince Young? Wish he had stayed for his senior year. There's going to be a lot of big name QBs in this draft: Leinhart, Young, Vick.

curious to see how this draft goes top 5 picks are as follows:

1. Houston

2. New Orleans

3. Tennessee

4. New York Jets

5. Green Bay

1-bush, houston already said they want bush and commited $8 mil to carr

2-i would say lienart, only because they just finished with a mobile QB in brooks, now i think VY is better the brooks, i see them goin a different route, but this can/will all change when they get a coach. i hope if they pick VY though

3-i hope leinart, but will he be here? chow and fischer would be great for leinart

4-do the jets give up on penntington? or do they try to get bush?

5-they dont need a QB, will they make a push for bush?

curious to see how this draft goes top 5 picks are as follows:

1. Houston

2. New Orleans

3. Tennessee

4. New York Jets

5. Green Bay

1-bush, houston already said they want bush and commited $8 mil to carr

2-i would say lienart, only because they just finished with a mobile QB in brooks, now i think VY is better the brooks, i see them goin a different route, but this can/will all change when they get a coach. i hope if they pick VY though

3-i hope leinart, but will he be here? chow and fischer would be great for leinart

4-do the jets give up on penntington? or do they try to get bush?

5-they dont need a QB, will they make a push for bush?

1) They really do need to just trade this pick as they have bigger needs than RB or QB right now.

2) VY. I think he's got the chance to be bigger than Leinart off the field and would help sell a city to taking the Saints in.

3) Leinart, but I don't see how Fisher will be good for him. Fisher is a brutal coach and just needs to go. That being said, he already knows the offence.

As for the other picks, I can't see the order staying that way.

I think Houston should trade down a spot or two and take Ferguson, but what about the Houston connection with Young? Trade Carr and take Young?

At this point, I can't see Leinart being taken before Young. Leinart seems destined to be a mediocre QB in the pros and Young has that rare ability to take over a game.

That's what I'd been saying, the Texans trade down and grab Ferguson and if you get a 2nd rounder, hope that it's early and McNeill is still around.

I don't see the Texans taking Young #1 as anything good because they won't get much in trade value for Carr, especially not at OL where they need help.

Either way, looks like I get to see Leinart here in TN for years to come. Whoopadee doo. At least Fisher is apparently about to be fired any day now.

What happened to Billy Volek? I thought he'd take over for McNair. How about the Titans taking AJ Hawk or Mario Williams?

It's a deep CB draft and I assume they'll take one on the first day sometime?

I like Volek, but I think he could actually get some trade value and has voiced how he wants to start next year. McNair's pretty certain he's coming back, so I think they'll deal Volek and take whatever draft pick they can get for him.

I wouldn't mind seeing them take Hawk and then filling out the DB needs. They don't have big names at WR, but the guys they throw out there produce fairly well, so I can't see them picking that many. I just see them taking Leinart, letting him sit for a year under McNair and then handing the team over to him next year/when McNair retires.

Didn't they take a lot of WRs in last years draft?

I could see Volek having a field day in a place like Arizona.

Was watching Pac Man every week as bad as it seemed from the highlights I saw of the guy?

Oh yeah, they went WR nuts last year but in the middle rounds. Jones and Roby look to be pretty decent from the bunch. Better than the year before, when they took like 6 DL.

Pac Man actually grew on me in the later parts of the year. I still would have rather seen them take Rolle, because as fast as Pac Man is who lets their #1 pick return kicks? Once he gets used to it and plays in a full season, I think he'll be good. Still a midget though and needs to curb his off-the-field stuff.

What about the Eagles? I can see WR being something to address but that's a little obvious.

This is a crappy WR draft class. Actually, it's a bad FA draft class as well (only Wayne and Antonio Bryant are worth taking a look at). If they were looking to add a WR, I'd hope they make a play at trading for Javon Walker or hope that Moulds gets cut from the Bills. Other than that, it looks like they're going to have to wait a year to get a #1 guy. Pinkston is coming off an injury and he wasn't all that great to begin with. Greg Lewis has flat out sucked at times this year and only been a decent #3 when he's looked good. Reggie Brown looks good, but I think he'll only be a good/great #2 in the NFL. They need a #1 type of receiver, but they aren't going to get it this year in the draft.

They could use a between the tackles RB, but they don't run the ball enough to bother taking one early in the draft. They could use more OL depth, but they've spent a lot of picks the last few drafts on the OL (and really Andrews, Herremans, and Clarke look to make up a solid line for years to come). They could use a RG/LG though, but there's nobody in the first round I'd take. Their defensive line is what needs work. Kearse plays at a level of about half of what he gets paid. Cole looked good as a rookie, but he's not an every down DE. They have great DT depth, but could use a guy who gets a little more push up front. Every LB except Trotter absolutely sucked last year, but they don't value LBers that much and haven't been known to take them early in the draft.

I'd say mainly DL, LB, S. Since Mario Williams and Ngata won't make it out of the top 10 and Kiwi has bust written all over him, I'd hope for Posluszny from Penn State if he declares, but they don't take LBs early and it's a deep LB class. Otherwise, I think they could use a guy like Michael Huff (since safeties cover a lot of WRs/TEs in their scheme and Huff can play S or CB) or Ko Simpson in the first round.

Looking it over and it really is a pretty damn skimpy draft. I would say the one thing that interests me, even more so than where the top 3 go, is where Cutler ends up. I hear a lot of people actually having him above Leinart, which is weird since Vandy just flat-out sucks since....ever.

I really think this is going to be one of the deeper CB and LB classes in a while. And there will be a lot of OTs taken in the first two rounds. But besides that, yeah it won't be a great draft. I could see Cutler jumping into the top 10, maybe to Arizona. I can also see LenDale White jumping up draft boards, especially if he times well at the combine.

I think it's the right move.  Not much else he could accomplish in college again. 

Other than getting a degree, right? Something to fall back on if the NFL doesn't work out for him?

I think it's the right move.  Not much else he could accomplish in college again. 

Other than getting a degree, right? Something to fall back on if the NFL doesn't work out for him?

If the NFL doesn't work out? Are you on crack?

If the NFL doesn't work out? Are you on crack?

Career ending injuries are no joke and could happen as early as a training camp. Sure he might have some big paycheck to live off of for awhile... So I'm not COMPLETELY on crack. Just mostly. :huh: