Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougie8

Crunched Cages

Last season a guy was coming around the boards with his down and i nailed him so hard his head hit off the plexi (plastic type) and cracked it right through the middle. Same game i nailed and he fell backwards but his helmet flew forwards B)

This season ive laid a few good hits, couple of helmets knocked off and a few winded people. Started fighting this year instead of just pushing and shoving - one split lip and black eye and one i put a guy in hospital for 4 days, he was out for the count :blink::ph34r:

Playin' roller I knocked a goalie out with a slapper. Wound up took the shot, hit the goalie in the mask, he fell, puck dropped into the net. I raised my arm and turned around and my team mate shouts across to me. "Ehhh, I think you killed him."

Must've been a pretty old mask, cos a few of the clips holding the cage on were broken from the shot too.

Off topic slighty, but speaking of cages, there have been incidents (apparently) when someones stick's knob got inside someones cage, could be a way of defense or on accident, anyway I heard 2006 cages are going to be smaller holes so no sticks can get inside. I hope it doenst effect playing, Im used to what I got.

Thats why some leagues require you to have a knob big enough it wont fit in. If your comment is true, they better not be like ringette style.

i took a one timer... hit the goalie in the mask, and the straps on the back of his helmet let go.. and his whole helmet fell off. i broke the glass one time... think that was luck... and hip checked a guy into the bench.. and he broke his collar bone...

playing drop in with my buddies i hit one guy so hard his helmet flew off as did his gloves. his sick ended up about 35 feet away.

playing in a rec league hit a guy right in his itech concept II and shattered it. i was looking one way and he was looking another and we hit. i was wearing douglas pro defender shoulder pad and stood about a foot taller than the guy. he was fine but his itech was dust.

and to answer the question about shoulders denting cages. simple physics. engery. the engery froma hit has to be asorbed somewhere. also how many of you lower a shoulder when you hit? that is where the answer lies

When i was in a u14's league, guy was winding up,skated into him, he almost tooko off, he had a 1/2 visor 1/2 cage, and i cracked the visor, and messed up his chin. He plays for us now :) But at 5 ft 5 not even 100 pounds i was proud!

I've done a few hits where you just hit them so hard they don't get up. A few hits where two guys (3 on one occasion) try to hit you at the same time, and they all go over! Broken a few sticks in my time through hits aswell.

Reading this made me think of some more big hits.

-A kid cut across our blue-line, I stepped into him, his stick went flying down the ice, in the air, atleast to the circles, if not the goal line

-A kid cut across our blue-line and I stepped into him, shoulder on chest, and he just collapsed, didnt get hurt or anything, just a good solid hit.

-In my first game of hitting (that I remember :huh:) a kid was probably 5 ft away from the boards and I hit him, he flew into the boards and was down for like 5 mins

I'll see if I can think of any more

Dougie

When i was in a u14's league, guy was winding up,skated into him, he almost tooko off, he had a 1/2 visor 1/2 cage, and i cracked the visor, and messed up his chin. He plays for us now :) But at 5 ft 5 not even 100 pounds i was proud!

Who is that?

In answer to the original post, yes, I did crunch a cage in. It was a shoulder to face mask hit (I was aiming for his chest, but he was way scrunched over and staring down at the puck). The guy went down and was dazed for several minutes. I got 5 minutes for charging along with a bloody shoulder with tic-tac-toe marks from the cage. And yes, the cage was pretty old and rusted. It wasn't a very good feeling watching the guy get medical attention, but at least he didn't score on us that one time.

Yeah, speaking of the helmets getting caught together, a kid on my team nd some kid were taking the face off nd the both lifted up nd ther helmets were stuck together.

now getting into breaking cages. My team has a goalie that no1 likes and he's just really cocky. And so he got cut the 1 year nd he tried out the next year nd in the first practice everyone just kept going for his face mask nd w/e with the pucks nd i wired a shot from the top of the circle nd shaddered his neck protector or w/e that plastic thing that comes dwon from the helmet is, but it made me feel pretty gud hahaha (he didn't come to the next try out)