Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougie8

Crunched Cages

Okay, so this is what the topics about. Today in my game a kid had his head so far down, cause the puck was in his feet. I came straight down the ice and cranked him (shoulder to cage). In the intermission(Ice clean) one of the coaches on my team was walking down the hall and saw them hammering a kids cage out. Then asked if a puck hit it or something, and they said "No it was #8s Elbow" <_< (IT WASN'T AND ELBOW!) The Kids cage was really messed up for the rest of the game.

But anyways. I was just wondering what your biggest hit ever was and if you have ever crunched someones cage in before?

Ive never crunched anyones cage in with a hit but ive done it with a shot but ive hit a couple kids so hard they left there feet and were completly horizontal at about the height of the dasher boards.

I took a shot today and broke a guys Stealth Grip in the middle of the shaft. I was quite happy.

Yeah I felt so proud today :rolleyes:

Like everytime I looked at the kid I just started laughing cause it was one of those TrueVision Bauer cages and it was all squared in certain spots and rounded in spots where it should of been squared

Ive never crunched anyones cage in with a hit but ive done it with a shot but ive hit a couple kids so hard they left there feet and were completly horizontal at about the height of the dasher boards.

Good job, Guile.

never crunched any cages but im more of a tactical hitter

for instance

last night at the game im driving hard toward the net without the puck

their defenseman wants to push me to the outside

so i lean hard on the inside

he flies into his goalie and they become a tangle off bodies in the back of the net

and then we score lol

last year i was at a tournament and we were playing some big, viscous team who were a bunch of goons, anyways i was driving hard to the net and i was bent at the knees reaching for a puck and some kid comes out of nowhere and just hits me shoulder to head and i was wering a visor/cage combo, i get up from the hit and my visor is cracked and broekn

i dont understand how a shoulder to the cage can deform a kids cage.

t must have been rusting and allready bent a little.

i was once playing ball hockey and had a ccm clear sheild thing. a guy took a shot and hit me in the cage. the cage had a crack on it that looked like a gunshot, just with no hole.

One of the funniest things I ever saw during a youth hockey game was two kids whose cages got locked together on the ice; the refs had to pry 'em apart.

i hit like the hardest guy in our league we were both racing for the puck (had been a called off icing) we were same speed he is 3 ft away from boards looks at me and looks to lean into me i smoke him he flies into the boards and i take the puck behind the net out and passed to the high slot team mate 1 time snapper top corner. what makes it better it was the winning goal and puts us in the semi finals of the scottish AAA Minor midget cup! :)

my coach says to me

"WHAT A F**KNG PLAY"

Thanksgiving tournament I leveled a kid, well actually, he tried to hit me but he got the worst of it.

I was skating down the ice, kid comes to try and hit me as I'm about to recieve a pass. I put my shoulder right into his chest and he fell really really hard, he felt pretty stupid.

Oh yeah, and the time when I flipped the coach that was running a checking clinic I went to! I felt so proud!

Another account, in my first two games for a middle school team I played for, I hurt two kids from hard, but clean hits. One shoulder, another hurt his leg.

i dont think ive crunched any cages but ive hurt some guys this year on clean solid hits. one game buddy was looking back for the pass from his d-man, the d-man pass it up to him and i got him solid shoulder to head, every1 said they could hear it. buddy just fell agianst the boards and when i looked back he was still standing so i thoguth shit i didnt get him very good, then the whistle blew and the guy was laying on the ice. i guess he fell agianst the boards then just collapsed.

and then last week a guy was coming around the net and i jumped up in the play and he tryed to come out myside and he had his head down all the way so i crunched him, same sorta thing as above but he ended up getting up under his own steam.

i had my white jofa 480 dented pretty good when i had my head down, id say my top 3 hits ... 3) telling the opposing D "all clear" as i forechecked in, he spun and i platned him into the boards...2) center ice, kid has his head down i literally ran him over, ems came...3) kid trying to dangle across his blue line with head down, i leaned in on him, snapped his collar bone

This year I dented in my goalies cage with a slap shot. Last year I took a shot and it hit my goalies stick near the knob, and broke the "shaft" cleanly off. Also last year, I dented in his helmet right on the side.

This year I dented in my goalies cage with a slap shot. Last year I took a shot and it hit my goalies stick near the knob, and broke the "shaft" cleanly off. Also last year, I dented in his helmet right on the side.

hahaha

if it was the same guy i bet his parents love you for damaging their sons equipment! and they might have to buy him new stuff!

Oh also earlier this season, a kid on my team took a shot from the point and I tipped it and it hit the goalie right in the McNuggets. He was on the ice for probably 15 minutes and had to be taken out of the game. Either he wasn't "positioned" right, didn't have one on, or it just broke.

I'm not sure how a shoulder could dent a cage either, but it sure did...It was probably a charge, but whatever. I came straight from one blue line to another full speed, hit'm with my non-hitting shoulder too. But in this playoff series, first game I had more hits in one period than the other team in the whole game.

I am usually a offensive defenceman, that makes couple HUGE hits a game. (this year I haven't been to offensive, and more hitting/defensive)