Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drewhunz

Pocari Sweat

My friend is a kinesiologist and a personal trainer and swears by this stuff. He claimed it was like Gatorade and only drinks this stuff when he works out. He gave me a can to see what I thought when I played hockey this week. As I put it in my bottle, I couldn't help but notice that it is a yellowish/gray color and smelled salty but sweet. I took a swig. I had uncontrolable dry heaves for a good 15 minutes. STAY FAR FAR AWAY. It could only be described as pure torture in a can. It is called Pocari Sweat due to the fact that its formulation is supposed to mimic sweat, and thus be more readily absorbed into the body. FROM NOW ON, I'M TAKING MY CHANCES AND ONLY DRINKING PLAIN OLD WATER.

** MACK, I'll be awaiting your witty reply**

so why exactally is your friend so in love with it?

Maybe he likes the ab workout from the dry heaves?

He claims that it keeps him hydrated better than any water or sports drink. By the way- he's a vegan who wears those stupid vegetarian shoes and Phish t-shirts. Boy has he changed since high school!

My friend is a kinesiologist and a personal trainer and swears by this stuff. He claimed it was like Gatorade and only drinks this stuff when he works out. He gave me a can to see what I thought when I played hockey this week. As I put it in my bottle, I couldn't help but notice that it is a yellowish/gray color and smelled salty but sweet. I took a swig. I had uncontrolable dry heaves for a good 15 minutes. STAY FAR FAR AWAY. It could only be described as pure torture in a can. It is called Pocari Sweat due to the fact that its formulation is supposed to mimic sweat, and thus be more readily absorbed into the body. FROM NOW ON, I'M TAKING MY CHANCES AND ONLY DRINKING PLAIN OLD WATER.

I hadn't ever heard of this before you posted. I thought it was some sort of cologne but after your rave review it sounds like you drank semen =(

I hadn't ever heard of this before you posted. I thought it was some sort of cologne but after your rave review it sounds like you drank semen =(

If so, i'd be worried that your friend enjoys this stuff

If so, i'd be worried that your friend enjoys this stuff

Yeah, afterr this I'm a little curious/worried as to his "preference".

I suggest you just ring out your hockey socks after every practice and save the sweat in a bottle. Then just before game time you could add some sugar and chug away!

Just wait twenty years until you guys have to drink a gallon of GoLightly. I'm sure it makes a ounce of Pocari Sweat seem like an apertif... ;)

Which will make yo Goheavily

He claims that it keeps him hydrated better than any water or sports drink.

A day in the Sahara may make you dehydrated. The flu might dehydrate you, but short of that I have yet to get dehydrated from an hour or two of hockey.

Just wait twenty years until you guys have to drink a gallon of GoLightly. I'm sure it makes a ounce of Pocari Sweat seem like an apertif...  ;)

Which will make yo Goheavily

Yes, my doctor friend calls it the number one misnamed product in America. :D

Just wait twenty years until you guys have to drink a gallon of GoLightly. I'm sure it makes a ounce of Pocari Sweat seem like an apertif... ;)

Unfortunately, I have to do that about once a year (family history of colon cancer). But I would rather drink GoLightly, ipecac syrup (done that for a little of the old cashish) and a case of Beverly than drink Pocari Sweat ever again.

As I put it in my bottle, I couldn't help but notice that it is a yellowish/gray color and smelled salty but sweet. I took a swig.

Aren't you glad you did this before you were on the ice and dying of thirst, and in full gear.

That reminds me when I had a case of the runs and discovered just how quickly I could get out of my pads. I guess its all about the motivation.

Awall

As I put it in my bottle, I couldn't help but notice that it is a yellowish/gray color and smelled salty but sweet. I took a swig.

Aren't you glad you did this before you were on the ice and dying of thirst, and in full gear.

That reminds me when I had a case of the runs and discovered just how quickly I could get out of my pads. I guess its all about the motivation.

Awall

Hey- it looks like I'll be playing you in a couple of weeks. I am playing for the misfits.

Misfits Hockey