Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruin88

Weight training and alcohol

I don't see how ingesting Cannabis could effect weight training at all, all it does is stimulate canaboid receptors in your brain.Alcohol on the other hand is a body poison which is obsorbed through your stomach. Cannabis can technically make you lose weight if you don't munch out.

I don't see how ingesting Cannabis could effect weight training at all, all it does is stimulate canaboid receptors in your brain.Alcohol on the other hand is a body poison which is obsorbed through your stomach. Cannabis can technically make you lose weight if you don't munch out.

Think about it, you're inhaling a burning substance. Can't be the best thing for training.

With alcohol, I think it is the amount. Two beers after a game, as long as there is no game the next day, is surviveable. Any binge drinking (a full six pack, etc) will screw up the system enough to need days of recovery.

Pot, on the other hand,will affect your response time for days to come. Want to miss that pass, mishandle that puck? Rock the gange 2 days earlier.

Of course alcohol has negative effects when it comes to weight training. Firstable, you won't be able to follow your training program if you drink often (you skip days). And in hangover days, as someone mentioned, you're completely dehydrated, your appetite is screwed & you won't eat much. Can't be good for training. And to pot & other shite I won't even comment.

Alcohol has a dehydrating effect on you as well.

That's why I drink beer in the shower after a game - it counteracts all that moisture.

Think about it, you're inhaling a burning substance. Can't be the best thing for training.

You could always eat it.

It's called hashish boys, if you wanna eat weed instead of smokin it, buy some hash its much easier. It's no embarassment to me to say I smoke pot occasionally(not that it's right), and I don't think it's effected me much if at all for weight train or in school. It's all about moderation, you can't do ANYTHING too much or it becomes bad for you (obviously I'm not saying go drink a 1/2 cup of bleach but you get the point). I just don't think its any worse than drinking (which for the record I don't)