Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

Cut pants with socks

Does anyone wear cut pants so they are like baggy shorts and wear them with ice hockey socks for roller lots of people i know are starting to do it i do it and it feels alot better than trousers and looks good too so i just wondered if anyone else has done it?

Being one for function over form, I wear some old Mission Pants cut off at the knee. I just wear my shinguards exposed because 1) it's better ventilation, especially in summer, and 2) it's a much better slide on the cement that we play on. Yes, the shinguards get all scratched to crap, but my league verges on that whole 'Mad Max/Road Warrior' thing anyway. I know that exposed pads are not permitted in some leagues, so it's best to check.

Playa28: Go to www.whitebear.de (if I wrote the wrong link, then search whitebear on google :P )

They make custom shells and socks for Inlinehockey.

The German champions Duisburg Ducks wear them and they look sweet. They are better suited for inlinehockey than warm icehockey socks and you save money in the long run because you only have to replace the socks now and then, instead of buying new pants.

That is so German... Friend of mine who plays at the Dusseldorf Rams also wears this kind of uniform. When playing IIHF rules I think you must play with long pants. The cut pants resemble IISHF rules: everything slightly different then the rest: period lengths, free hit, body contact, ball, etcetera. When we want to come to one uniform sport, I think there has to come a general set of rules.

If you do want to have cut pants, you can indeed look at whitebear.de for more info. You could also just cut long pants...

i do sumtimes cos our team wore socks for nationals so i cut off a pair of missions. i think u can move better id never wear woolen socks tho.

now its awesome cos my mum got some spongebob squarepants hockey material. and made me socks. so its right comedy. on saying that i play in spongebob squarepants or pink checked pj bottoms half the time as well!

You could save having to cut up roller pants (unless you already own them) by using ice hockey pant shells, or even removing most or all of the padding from a pair of cheap/low end ice pants.

I could see where using a mesh sock would be much more comfortable for inline or outdoors in the summer.

A lot of the old school guys that I play with (40 years old and up) tend to play a cup under their Reebok or Nike basketball shorts, and then shin pads exposed. They love it and wouldn't have it any other way. It looks goofy, but their Stank Mikita style of hockey does it's own talking.