Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sgazi76

Miracle DVD + bonus for $20 at BB!

I finally got around to watching it today and mine is shitty in quality.

Off the subject but why does every thread end in either Datsyuk or Kiprusoff being the last poster? Jesus.

Off the subject but why does every thread end in either Datsyuk or Kiprusoff being the last poster? Jesus.

You didn't happen to pick yours up on a NYC street... did you? I got mine on tuesday and the quality was excellent (except it stopped just during Rizzo's goal, but I backed it up and it played fine. So I'm guessing that there was just something on the disc).

Guest 2048

Damn I'm behind the curve. Everyone here has Miracle and I'm looking for Slap Shot.

Lego-

Nope, it had some moments of crappiness but they weren't too bad but what I did notice was snowy flickering on the letterboxes. Of course this was at a friend's and his DVD player came from a grocery store, so I'll try it again on mine.

Widescreen. It got "choppy" for a second on a couple shots, but that wasn't as noticeable as the snowing.

Where'd you get it from? I say return it for a new one and see if there's any difference. That is, if it doesn't look fine on your player.

Best Buy. They're pretty lenient with exchanges so that's a good idea. On a side note I was pleasantly surprised at how many they sold since hockey's still not as popular as it should be here.

Yeah, when I bought mine, there were only 3 widescreens left and maybe a dozen fullscreens. The checker told me that they were selling it like crazy.

I didn't see any fullscreen's. Then again, I didn't look too hard. And they either really tried to hide the "Do you believe in Miracles?" DVD or it sold really well also... but I got the last one that I could see.

I'm usually a Best Buy purist but I was at Target the other day at lunch and they had Scary Movie 3 for $15 so I picked it up. Then at BB I picked up 1 & 2 in their combo packs (best deals ever if you can get a good combo) for $20.

The reviews that I've read said the video/sound quality is top notch. Something is up with either the disc or the player.

I got my DVD(s) in the mail today from Best Buy. Quick question to anyone who watched the Miracle bonus CD. On the featurette where they are showing how the directors "transformed" the hockey players into actors, there is a black man who is some sort of advisor. His name is Christopher Nelson. Is this the same Chris Nelson who used to play for the L.A. Blades in RHI several years ago?

The reviews that I've read said the video/sound quality is top notch. Something is up with either the disc or the player.

Yeah, that's what was figured out in the earlier string of posts following that one.

Do you remember what brand of DVD player it was? I'm just curious.

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head but I know it's an off-brand one that probably retails for like $30 or so.

Get this. I ordered the WS version and bonus from BB the other day. I get two packages in the mail today. One has the WS version and bonus, the other the FS version and bonus. I was only charged for the WS one.

I got my DVD(s) in the mail today from Best Buy. Quick question to anyone who watched the Miracle bonus CD. On the featurette where they are showing how the directors "transformed" the hockey players into actors, there is a black man who is some sort of advisor. His name is Christopher Nelson. Is this the same Chris Nelson who used to play for the L.A. Blades in RHI several years ago?

I haven't watched it but I believe it is...I think he dabbled in acting while he was playing in the RHI.