Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sgazi76

Miracle DVD + bonus for $20 at BB!

BB has a deal where you get the Miracle DVD and the Do You Believe In Miracles: Story Of 1980 DVD for $20. This should be in-store and it's on-line with free shipping. The Miracle DVD is $17.99, but having the actual story on another DVD for $2 more is worth it in my eyes. This offer is good through 5/22.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?j=...=category#Offer

I thought it was comming out tuesday? Or is it already out today? If it is I can stop at best buy because I got a hockey game out of town.

Yeah it is spposed to be the 18th, but a lot of places online have sent out already. Mine for example was shipped out on wednesday, but some ofmy mates who ordered even earlier have already recieved their copies.

I can get it for 15$ CDN here at Zellers with my mothers discount, I still wont buy it though, hehe.

I can get it for 15$ CDN here at Zellers with my mothers discount, I still wont buy it though, hehe.

why? its easily the greatest event in hockey history. i think any hockey fan should own this

why? its easily the greatest event in hockey history. i think any hockey fan should own this

I wouldn't say easily the best hockey moment.. probably true from an american point of view though.

But being a hockey film agree its a must for hockey fans.

A must for me is Slap Shot, from a personal point of view, I am not very attached to the american spirit and the patriotism. I might go rent it just to see what the fuss is all about but I know the base of he story. I understand why americans are emotional about that movie and the story and you guys are lucky to be able to see it on the big screen cause here in Canada the chances to see a movie about the Summit Series are almost impossible.

A must for me is Slap Shot, from a personal point of view, I am not very attached to the american spirit and the patriotism.  I might go rent it just to see what the fuss is all about but I know the base of he story.  I understand why americans are emotional about that movie and the story and you guys are lucky to be able to see it on the big screen cause here in Canada the chances to see a movie about the Summit Series are almost impossible.

See, that's the problem. Canadians for the most part do not care because it wasn't their country. You had '72, however, you had pros. The Americans in '80 didn't even take their most talented players at the amateur level.

If you were to see the movie, or know the story, to Brooks and the players, it was about beating the best team in the world. The backstory of course is what was going on in the world at the time and it took off as the Games progressed.

After saying all that, it is the most important moment in hockey history.

I'm getting my US History teacher to let us watch it in class because we've already taken the AP Test. Like JR said, there is so much history behind it, it wasn't just a game.

I'm getting my US History teacher to let us watch it in class because we've already taken the AP Test. Like JR said, there is so much history behind it, it wasn't just a game.

There was an American history class in my HS that showed it every year. And this was in Miami.

Not that I don't care about the accomplishment, I've heard almost everything about the game and saw it a couple of times on tv, I remember the team lighting up the flame in Salt Lake, I am just not interested in knowing every details. I would love to see a movie about the Belarus Vs. Sweden game though. Yes it was only one game but was still a major accomplishment for them. Alot of movies could be made about hockey and major accomplishments by countries and teams but not all the countries have the same kind of money that the US have to invest it into making movies. Some countries like here in Canada care about culture but doesn't invest in films other's do. Hell they even made in opera in Prague for the 1998 Gold Medal winning team of the Tchek Republic, I personnaly think the D1: Mighty Ducks factor is comming into play.

That is truly a shame. I honestly do not understand Canadians, I really don't.

If there were a movie about the Summit Series there'd be a line for tickets forming days before it came out.

Well it's good to know Down Syndrome hasn't neglected Canada. I always considered it just a great sports feat until seeing it in the theatre and reading about it upon its release, then I saw that the States were really needing something at that time.

That is truly a shame. I honestly do not understand Canadians, I really don't.

If there were a movie about the Summit Series there'd be a line for tickets forming days before it came out.

Hard to make a hero out of someone who breaks an opponent's ankle intentionally.

Maybe because I'm fairly uninformed of the situation, don't tell me I'm going to watch the movie once it comes out, but I'm not overly excited. Maybe it's because the Summit series was really close to home for me and my family, but there were odds they had to overcome as well. Canada was the favourite, they knew nothing of their opponnents, Players back then played themselves into shape and lets say they hadn't had enough playing time just yet. Canadian players and fans would watch the practices leading up and the Soviet squad wouldn't try and they'd pretend to be bad. I don't know alot about the US team other than they won with heart rather than skills, but they had determination, "underdog" status and the element of surprise. Not taking away from what the US did, because I doubt it could be done right now, but maybe giving you guys a little more information on why the young canadian isn't overly enthusiastic about this movie.

I am not disputing that, just letting you know that I am uninformed, as many Canadians are of this event and the reasons and thoughts behind the lack of enthusiasm.

I would say double Gold is pretty big too, and just don't go there with the ankle thing, that is a low blow, I was going to post about somthing that happened recently here but I decided not to.

Although I agree this was unbelievable, I still have to admit the officating was a big one sided.

Point taken, Eazy, but this is the problem...

Not that I don't care about the accomplishment, I've heard almost everything about the game and saw it a couple of times on tv, I remember the team lighting up the flame in Salt Lake, I am just not interested in knowing every details. I would love to see a movie about the Belarus Vs. Sweden game though. Yes it was only one game but was still a major accomplishment for them.

The hate shown towards Americans is sickening. Sweden isn't even close to the level the Soviets were, yet he'd rather see a movie about Belarus beating them?

If it bothers Canadians that much, just watch the movie for what it is - the greatest moment in hockey history.

The problem with the Double gold analogy is that in those games, everyone was at an equal footing. As far as the Kharmalov incident...damn right that was a low-blow. Ruined his career and Clarke showed no remorse.

Thats why I watched it, although I wouldn't consider it "the greatest moment in hockey history" I would put it right up there. I would say the greatest moment in hockey history was probably Lanny's cup winner in '89. This was the most important moment in American hockey history, but definatly not Canadian, although I would say that it is RIGHT up there, don't take me the wrong way, but I would say the coach really made the team here, if Herbie wouldn't have been the coach, they wouldn't have done it.

LOL...

Hell, the Rangers winning the Cup did more for hockey than Lanny McDonald ever did. OF COURSE Herbie made the team...I;'m glad you paid attention during the movie. He didn't pick the most talented players...and last time I checked, hockey is a team sport.