Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

That is correct and very creepy Kev. ;)

Scored 3 goals in 2 games and a couple of successful backchecks on them over the weekend. I'm all about the backcheck a the moment.

Been skating on Sprungs now for 4 years. I went back to Mission mags for one session a few weeks back. What a waste of time, I am (as I have been since day one) a full blown Sprung advocate.

In regards to the rest of the setup, these are the best fitting Roller boots ever. I love the wheels setup in particular, the softer Hornet on the front really adds to the "ice like feel" with a rocker + solid front "toe pick" like dig into the tiles.

Special thanks to Rhys (aka: Aussie Bear) for the mount, another masterpiece.

Aussie, are you playing in the league with Michael Costaes? I think thats how you spell his name... I met hiim when he was over for the Nationals with Team Vic.

I'm going to be in Melbourne from 8-12 Dec... maybe we can catch up.

I have looked and seen lots of converted one95s but I didn’t see any one95’s mounted on the hummer frame. Has anyone here converted an one95 skate and put them on the Hummer frame? Also is there enough outsole to dermal the outsole to get the 80’s to clear without going the whole way through the foot bed?

Aussie, are you playing in the league with Michael Costaes? I think thats how you spell his name... I met hiim when he was over for the Nationals with Team Vic.

I'm going to be in Melbourne from 8-12 Dec... maybe we can catch up.

Sorry Kev, don't know him. I don't play under the state league due to the shit-house rink they support. I prefer the Puckhandlers league, Div1 and Premier level this season. Great rink and the best players in the state.

If you can, get down to the Puckhandlers rink, its a great facility and a decent little shop too.

www.puckhandlers.com.au

Edited by Aussie Joe

quick question for the wise: is it best to have the front of the toe cap line up with the outer edge of the front wheel (figure a), is it OK for the wheel to stick out (figure B) or does it even matter at all?

wheelalignment.png

it's fairly normal (depending on size occasionally) to have the wheels stick out a little front and back. You can slightly affect the feeling by moving a chassis slightly forward or back as well to put more wheel or less under the toes/balls of the feet

no problem with the wheels sticking out at all. Like sdcopp mentioned, it also depends onthe wheels and chassis. The main thing you want to be cautious of is to ensure that the wheels are centered properly... so assuming you have about 1/2 inch sticking out the front, generally you would have the same 1/2 sticking out the back.

I've mounted my size 9 boots on a7 sprungs, and looking down at my laced up skates i can see almost half the wheel sticking out the front toe cap. No problem with the skating or crossovers.

Here’s my RBK 8k ice skate converted to inline using a Mission Vanguard Magnesium Chassis.

I had the skate converted by Puckstop in Sheffield UK. They charged me £20 ($32) and I think they did a great job. I would highly recommend them to anybody in the UK. :D

P1050725.JPG

P1050726.JPG

P1050727.JPG

P1050728.JPG

P1050729.JPG

P1050730.JPG

P1050731.JPG

Edited by steve64

Any reason for the XXX in front, and XX at the back? Good skates nonetheless.......

I was given the four XXX by a friend, so thought I'd give them a shot :D I usually go with xx all round. They're a bit grippy for me, I'm 210 lbs 6'4". They have started chunking on the first practice! They will probably be changed quickly.

Edited by steve64

haha, I have a friend who just got into an old TR2000 with the Labeda Warlock frames that weigh a ton.

I wore 8000s through all of high school, and have always had a fond memory of those skates. Back then it was a Final Factor frame, now it's Vanguards. Boot and frames are the latest Ebay special build for me, total cost before mounting was $100 for both, wheels and bearings laying around to round it out.

On mine the tendon guard tore through the liner one game. Cut up my achilles pretty bad.

I still have pics of me rocking those skates + LaBeda Hi-Lo frame at State. Ten years ago this month!

Got these mounted a few days back. Hit them twice yesterday. AMAZING!!!! I forgot how good the Sprungs really are when new. Needless to say, its another triumph of the mounted kind.

ONE90converted002.jpg

do they break down quickly? I want to get a set but if the effect wears off Im not sure its worth my 130+

I have skated on them about 3-4 times since the mount a few weeks back. No worries so far. I skate on SportCourt which is pretty easy on the boots and wheels. If you skate on something rougher, maybe go for a chaper boot.

I have skated on them about 3-4 times since the mount a few weeks back. No worries so far. I skate on SportCourt which is pretty easy on the boots and wheels. If you skate on something rougher, maybe go for a chaper boot.

I mean more about the sprung chasis, I have heard that the effect doesnt last that long and that the parts are a little cheap

The chassis is pleny robust. I've used the same frame (mounted and remounted about 3 times) in league games, and played in the Nationals recently with no problem whatsoever... I block a lot of shots with my skates, and teh chassis has actually taken a beating but still remains ok.

I've lost count of the number of times Ive had a alu chassis dent from a shot... once its dented its more or less gone. However with the sprungs you can swap our parts if you need to within minutes.