Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Im putting together a pair of x 60 with Mission Magnesuim bottoms with Rink Rat wheels and swiss ceramic bearings. I should have pic's up by the weekend .

hey i know this isnt exactly on topic but it has to do with mounting chassis so i figured i'd go to you guys. I bought a pair of mission vsi's off hockey giant and the penetrator vanguard chassis is so heavy(much heavier than the standard 7000 series aluminum) so my question is, If i get the Magnesium Vanguard chassis will my LHS be able to put the chassis in the existing holes (being as they are both the mission vanguard chassis im assuming the bolts would need to go in the same spots) or will they need to put the chassis in different holes so it holds, which would make it be a little off? i know they dont do it the legit way with epoxy

Edited by Sca11ey

they should be able to use most of the same holes, idk how the holes are postioned on the magnesium compared to the penitrator. the chassis will still be postioned the same way for the most part, the rivets might just be placed in diffrent holes. you wont be able to tell the diffrence. just make sure you get the right size chassis.

Just get Cripps to Ringen to do it. Cripper bitches and moans and acts like a baby, but does good work. You don't NEED to use epoxy. I've never used it ony my skates, or any skates I've ever had to do. Unless you are doing your 5th frame swap, the integrity of the outsole isn't compromised.

Edited by fieldofdreams

Got my skates back today, I'll post pictures later, holy crap! The boot and frame/hardware weigh less than my h950 boots by themselves.

Got my skates back today, I'll post pictures later, holy crap! The boot and frame/hardware weigh less than my h950 boots by themselves.

I cant wait to see them...Im thinking of getting that same boot/frame combo, just waiting to see how the one95's hold up for inline and how long...

But Phil, I'm addicted to red and black, I can never fully go away from it. But yeah, it does look weird with the blue heel/accents.

Those MGs would look good on anything... I think Mission created 'the look' when they introduced that chassis.

I'd die to get my hands on that MG HI-LO chassis in that condition, very nice setup I like it.

flyweightphantom, you should have said something... I had some hilos a few weeks ago, and sold them off. I do know someone here still using the HE950 skates... skinny guy, by no means would damage the chassis much.