Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Yea Top-shelf... those are the 1200c. D-man88 hooked me up with these.

They are frigging light, and a lot more comfortable than my previous skates. Used them last week, and I felt the old nimbleness returning. Stops and crossovers were great, I even feel confident turning left!!! haha...

Guys,

Any idea if you can mount a hummer chassis on a ccm 952 ice boot? Just eye balling the skate it appears that I would have to dremmel at least the second wheel-maybe first wheel on the boot-any issues with dremmeling this boot. thanks.

DSCN4039.jpg

rwclifto, I've got some of those stickies if you interested, PM me...

whats the wheel setup on those

just wondering because I'm going to be doing the same thing

yup... back to front wheels 80-80-72-72. Not sure if its me, but I've tried a few models that had the new vanguard frame, and cant seem to get the same turns etc... maybe i'm not used to the more neutral pitch of the vanguard, but I tried using them for about 1 month before I went back to the older mission hi-lo.

The overall weight is fantastic, its friggin light, and everyone at the rink was asking me about the skates. I had to use some halo wheels on them as I didnt have enough 72mm wheels (stocked up on 80mm and 76mm wheels, but no 72mm). They still work great though...

skates1.jpg

Boots: RBK 7K pump

Chassis: Labeda Hum'er

Wheel brand: Labeda grippers, with one Rink Rat Hot Shot.

Wheel size: 80mm x3 + 76mm in front

Bearings: BSB Swiss

On a side note, I have a pair of Tri-di chassis for sale if anyone is interested.

Edited by Abilectic

On a side note, I have a pair of Tri-di chassis for sale if anyone is interested.

Sweet looking skates. I'm interested in the Tri-Di Chassis. What size are your skates? I sent you a message.

Edited by Houls

Abilectic, did you use 76mm in front because you had to or your choice? Would the 80mm fit or would you have to dremel out some space?

Also how do you like the boot?

I love the boot.

I had to dremel a small spot for the second wheel, the footbed has a channel in it but it wasnt quite deep enough.

I put the 76 in the front by choice, the rocker effect helps with tight turns and still allows good grip in the front.

To put an 80mm on the front would require some dremeling but not as much as I initially thought, maybe a mm, because the 76 easily has 1 - 1.5mm of clearance now.

As for drilling, a few holes were able to be re-used but I think a little over half had to be drilled new.

I love Tacks and those are sweet......I have always liked the silver and blue boot and you did a great job matching colors with the Mission chassis.

Rick Henry

Custom skates are cool.......

I just wish you could buy any brand of boot, Mission, Nike Bauer, CCM, Reebok with nothing mounted, no holes in the sole what so ever. Then just mount what you want on the boot. I really like the looks of the Reebok 8K roller boot, the older model in silver but I don't want the Tri-Di chassis, wheels or bearings that come with the skate. Just the silver 8K boot with my Sprung chassis maybe in black and lime green with black or silver/black Rink Rat wheels. Ah, if only it were a perfect world.

Rick Henry

VentageTacs-7.jpg

I found this pair at HockeyWest on a way closeout table back in a dark corner. They are a little different and I don't know the tiers for the model. A primo ice player in the biz told me the model was a hot item. Anybody know more about them?

Keith, I never had that model year of Tacks and I don't remember off hand what year they were but if memory serves me correctly that was the year CCM made a change in the tendon guard. If you wrapped the laces around the top of the boot it would or could break the tendon guard, so my understanding was that because of that issue with the boot CCM changed it the next year. If you look closely you will see that it doesn't have a band of leather that goes through the center of the tendon guard, but I believe that Joe's do so his must be the next model year. Some guys didn't have a problem with that skate and I probably wouldn't have a problem because I don't wrap my laces around the top of my boots. I could be wrong but that was what I heard. I still like the looks of that setup, very nice. What size is it?

Rick Henry

Edited by Rick

Keith, I never had that model year of Tacks and I don't remember off hand what year they were but if memory serves me correctly that was the year CCM made a change in the tendon guard. If you wrapped the laces around the top of the boot it would or could break the tendon guard, so my understanding was that because of that issue with the boot CCM changed it the next year. If you look closely you will see that it doesn't have a band of leather that goes through the center of the tendon guard, but I believe that Joe's do so his must be the next model year. Some guys didn't have a problem with that skate and I probably wouldn't have a problem because I don't wrap my laces around the top of my boots. I could be wrong but that was what I heard. I still like the looks of that setup, very nice. What size is it?

Rick Henry

I think they're 8's. They look older because the heel lock laces up and JoesinBoston's are reg lacing, which looks later.

I'm a sucker for Tacks just wish I could find some like that in a 10. I can't understand why CCM stopped making the Tacks line because they seem to have quite a following. Those are sharp and if you ever decide to sell them I bet someone here would grab them up.

Rick Henry

Edited by Rick

Same here Rick. I've gone through a few different pairs of inline skates over the past couple years and I finally said "I want a pair that fits just like my ice skates". I have a pair of older 652's (with the individual heelstrap eyelet) for ice skates and I figured the 852's could only be just as comfortable, if not more comfortable. I am tempted to buy another pair of the same size and just hold on to them for the future.

Thats what I did. I have 755's, 655's, 652's and 552's. Gotta love those Tacks.

Rick Henry

Edited by Rick