Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

This is the skate I have decided to go with for a while. I had tried this boot with the Sprungs but didn't feel that I had time to break them in before my roller league started so I switched the Sprungs to a pair of Tacks. I'm a Tacks guy but I really do love the looks of the 99 Easton boot so I'm going to give them another try. The boot is comfortable but really stiff. sd30hg.jpg

Rick Henry

Those easton air's were a great skate when they came out. They had those garbage fibre razorblades on them tho. You know reading this forum I've tried converting ice wheels for inline but I absolutely hated it. I never wear socks in mine and I absolutely despised the feeling of an ice skate. Too much heat..too much sweat...too much sliding around. Felt like I was carrying bricks. Glad to see it works for you fellas

Thats a nice collection of skates. How do you like the Wicked 5's? I love my Sprungs but I am considering giving the $70.00 Vanguard a try.

Rick Henry

to be completely honest I used the wicked 5's about 4 times. I wasnt a fan of the boots at all. But I removed the chassis and will sell them cheap. either that or I am going to mount them on some old vapor XX's

Thats a nice collection of skates. How do you like the Wicked 5's? I love my Sprungs but I am considering giving the $70.00 Vanguard a try.

Rick Henry

Where can you find a $70 vanguard?

Sweet.

On a related note I'm conteplating buying the aftermarket vanguard (which I can see you already did).

Does anybody know what mounting plate will be bigger. a size 5 Red Star frame or a size Medium Vanguard?

Patrick,

Not sure what your concern over the mounting plate is. I called inlinewarehouse.com and just told them the size (and width) of my skate. They were real cool about it and seemed really knowledgeable. My other skates have a RedStar E-Frame and I could compare but I have no idea what size E-Frame I have. (if you could tell me I'll gladly check).

On a side note, with my E-Frames I feel pitched forward but on the Vanguards I definitely feel more neutral. Many posts have stated this and I can atest to it.

Hope this helps

FatAndSlow: Thx but I don't think that info will help.

I've e.g. measured size 4 og size 5 Red Star Alloys against each other, and they are exactly the same size in that part of the frame you've measured, but the 5's mounting plate was longer and wider.

Been rockin the One90 + Vanguard MG setup for a few weeks now

Sweeett!!!

mg_one90.jpg

awesome skates, very BA.

IMO, you should try blackin out the blue one90 logo w/ some electric tape and put some black laces on those. i saw a guy earlier in the thread who blacked his out and i have to say it looks really good

Edited by k.nick91

Here are my RBK 7K's with my dyed Sprung A8's. :)

RBK 7K ice boots

Sprung Inline Large A8 straight 80mm chassis

Rink Rat MB-816 80m 78a wheels

BSB Bones Micro Swiss Bearings

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/s.../Picture338.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/s.../Picture339.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/s.../Picture340.jpg

Edited by Spreedizzle

Man those One 90's with the Vanguard chassis are some good looking skates. Kind of makes me wish I could wear NB.

Rick Henry

New kicks....Special thanks to Mr. Frazier and Mr. Brussatti at Tour Hockey for hooking me up with the Hummer/wheels/installation!. Thanks for the great Christmas gift guys :)

IMG00110.jpg

Edited by kovalchuk71