Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

keep an eye on ebay and you can find some good deals on frames. you could also go the route of buying a full skate to pull the frame off of. Most shops can do the conversion. Sports Plus in Ridgewood, Queens will definitely do it. they also have a proshop in Iceland Rink in New Hyde Park where they may be able to do the conversion as well. I believe the PLay it Again in Carle place can also do it. Should run you somewhere around $40-50.

You could also take the beaten path of the impulse buyer (me). That is, bide your time to buy a pair of skates online that you've never tried on before the minute they become available, then realize several months later that despite however many hours you futilely spend breaking them in that they're never going to fit your feet, so then you rip off the chassis and stick them on a pair of ice hockey boots that actually fit you.

At least, that's how my Tacks with the Vector 4.0 chassis above came to fruition. Yes, several hundreds of dollars were practically lit ablaze and many tears were shed, but if you've got cash you're looking to flush down the crapper, a double-digit IQ and absolutely no shame, it's one route you can take.

i wish could find a cheap chassis and a person to mount them to have a sick set-up like you guys.

Where are you located?

long island, new york

There are Long Island players on Sprungs, so there's some place to get whatever you use mounted for sure. Check with Iceburg, he'll know.

i wish could find a cheap chassis and a person to mount them to have a sick set-up like you guys.

Where are you located?

long island, new york

There are Long Island players on Sprungs, so there's some place to get whatever you use mounted for sure. Check with Iceburg, he'll know.

Hey man i live on long island. If your out east i would try Plaza Sports in Rocky Point. They are pretty good with stuff like that, and im sure if they can't do it they will point you in a direction that can. I also know in Smithtown there is a sports plus with a Shop that maybe can do it. You could also try Port Jeff Sports they are located in Port Jeff, The Rinx (Hauppauge) and Superior (Kings Park). OR Ice Works in Syosset. Ice works is more out west in Nassua. The rest are all in Suffolk.

Here are my most recent investment.

Vapor IX with the Sprung setup. So far 2 games in I'm absolutely in love. Quick turning, great acceleration, and just as much if not more speed as before. Very happy with them.

SprungBoots003.jpg

Where are you located?

long island, new york

Hmmm, a little far away from me. I'm sure there is someone around that can handle it.

Here are my most recent investment.

Vapor IX with the Sprung setup. So far 2 games in I'm absolutely in love. Quick turning, great acceleration, and just as much if not more speed as before. Very happy with them.

SprungBoots003.jpg

Those things look sweet!

Ok I bought my sprung chassis and wheels and all. Everything should be done by today and I will post pics by the end of the day. They are...

Easton 800c's

Sprung Chassis (Dyed black and white)

Rink Rat Hot Shots

Swiss Bearings

Here's some Flexlite IXs that I converted to the A80 prototypes. I'm totally crazy about the frame. Not only that it performs so supersickly, but just having an all 80 after so long is a boggle.

The boots are OK with the ice holder to support them from the edges, but anything over a 8.5-9 with an inline mount under it turns the sole to flop. Too much soft stuff bending all over the place.

I'm moving the frames tomorrow. And I'm going to put pretty wheels on them, too.

:)

Flexlite9-A80.jpg

Mounting the boot rearward increases the pitch and gives you more toe to support it. When I remount them I'll try a little more toe. Nice to have the choice.

Edited by Sprungster