Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

I'm looking to convert my CCM Vector 10.0's to roller, but I'm not sure what size mission frame I'll need. Would a medium be too small for a 9.5D skate, or should I go with Large? Thanks

You are right at the limit for a medium chassis. I can tell you that I wear a size 9.5 in CCM and I put on some medium Hummer's and if I had it all over again, I would go w/ a large chassis. Good luck.

-Mike

Here's the chart I referenced off hockeymonkey.com

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-alloy-...hassis-set.html

Here is my first conversion, I did it using T-Nuts and Phillips Screws, i've skated on them for about 20 hours and they are great.

Skates: CCM 795 Ultra White Tacks, With Custom White Felt Tongue

Chassis: CCM Tri-Di Magnesium

Bearings: Bones Reds

Wheels: Rink Rat Hot Shots

GEDC0102.jpg

If I had to do it again the only thing I would change is the back wheels, I went 76a for the front two and 78a for the back two. I am 200 lbs and an agressive skater and my back wheels have started to crack a little, I would have gone with an 80A for the back. (Does that sound crazy or not?) Anyways the longest part of the conversion was trying to line up the holders evenly and the same on both skates but I feel I did a good job and they skate great.

I love the 795 Tacks....

My Tacks collection includes:

552 Tacks with Red Star/Sherwood E-Frames (old style heel lock like Chelios)

655 Tacks with Sprung chassis (old style heel lock)

652 Tacks with Sprung chassis (1998 version I think)

752 Kevlar Tacks with T-blades (the green kevlar version)

755 Kevlar Tacks, roller version with Sure-Grip chassis.

Rick

dunno why it took me this long to post, made these myself with some spare time in the shop. Wheels/chassis are from my old missions I had for about 9 years. Had to use mostly coppers because the riveter we had would not come straight down on the rivet, it kept hitting the chassis on the way down to the boot.

RollerPair.jpg

wheels.jpg

Edited by Ahriman

My KOR's with Sprungs on them after the first skate. Wheels will be replaced with Labeda Grippers

30c3o5u.jpg

Very nice, EBondo!

I was going to ask how they're holding up, but after 1 skate I assume that they're still almost brand new. Do you foresee or have you been told of any problems that you might encounter with them in the near future?

Yeah, I've been told of some of the problems with the Shift 1's, however, skating only 1-3 times a week, I think I should be good with the skates for now at least. The skates look even better now, as now they have Labeda Gripper wheels on them. But, after one skate on them, the only word I can use to describe them is wow. I love them, and the Sprungs are amazing.

Yeah, I've been told of some of the problems with the Shift 1's, however, skating only 1-3 times a week, I think I should be good with the skates for now at least. The skates look even better now, as now they have Labeda Gripper wheels on them. But, after one skate on them, the only word I can use to describe them is wow. I love them, and the Sprungs are amazing.

I hear you. That too is my dream set-up. Do send us updates on your playing experiences with them as well as repairs and maintenance issues.

Will do, I was able to go all copper rivets on the skates, so I'm hoping they hold up stronger than using regular rivets. And unfortunately, I don't have a game this weekend, UGH I wanted to try my new wheels and Dolomite HD haha. So I'm hoping to use em next on Tuesday

Will do, I was able to go all copper rivets on the skates, so I'm hoping they hold up stronger than using regular rivets.

Coppers and regular rivets are different, not better/worse. They each have their own strength and weaknesses depending on the direction of the force exerted on them.

Darshu, I bet those skates would even better with Dynasty II or Fuzion wheels.

Great set up.

Thanks! Yeah, I know the wheel setup is totally busted-looking at the moment -- I have a hard time finding a rear wheel I don't shred in less than a month. I was initially using Silver/Black XX RR Hornets that looked really nice.

Those look great. Did you have any problems getting the Vanguard frames lining up? With my XXV's they had a hard time getting them to fit.

My buddy at my LHS mounted them for me and he said it wasn't any more trouble than any other Bauer skate, but that he basically picks a heel hole from the original holders to rivet and then just eyeballs the frame to the front to be sure it's straight and drills the extras he needs.