Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

I'll probably swing by a Brafasco (for the ontario bunch) to see if they have any at reasonable prices.

Black Nike Air Accel Elites with Black Vanguards (non magnesium due to rediculous weight of the boot to begin with, i figured why bother because they will still be a heavy skate even with magnesium chassis).

Looking forward to seeing these as mine will be the polar opposite of yours (I'm about to mount my White Accel Elites on either a white MG Vanguard or a white sprung)

Black Nike Air Accel Elites with Black Vanguards (non magnesium due to rediculous weight of the boot to begin with, i figured why bother because they will still be a heavy skate even with magnesium chassis).

Looking forward to seeing these as mine will be the polar opposite of yours (I'm about to mount my White Accel Elites on either a white MG Vanguard or a white sprung)

Dude, what size skate are you? Cause if you use a medium chassis some dude is selling a white magnesium vanguard on ebay complete with the wheels and bearings (off of a boss black skate) never used! I would have bought it but i already ordered my aluminum one. Search "mission chassis" on ebay and it should come up. Could save you a ton of money on this conversion if you can use a medium chassis.

Dude, what size skate are you? Cause if you use a medium chassis some dude is selling a white magnesium vanguard on ebay complete with the wheels and bearings (off of a boss black skate) never used! I would have bought it but i already ordered my aluminum one. Search "mission chassis" on ebay and it should come up. Could save you a ton of money on this conversion if you can use a medium chassis.

That sucks, I just ordered an aluminum myself.

it's off an 08 Boss skate, not Boss Black so it has the lousy Trinity wheels instead of the Hornets

my bad. even so still potentially a good deal if someone is looking for a magnesium vanguard in white. Prob get them with wheels and bearings for way less then just a new mag vanguard in blue would cost.

Does anyone know what size wheels the TUUK SHIFTER III JR chassis takes for a Size 5 boot?

I found that for size 1-2 it is 59-59-72-72.

Would that be the same for a size 5 boot? maybe 64-64-76-76?

Thanks.

this might be a stupid question and i didnt want to look through all 80+ pages, but how do you know what sizes to get. i am thinking about doing this. i currently have the tour silver max in a size 12. the chassis is still in good condition and i was looking to get new boots for them. i know all the Canadian manufactures run in smaller sizes and i was thinking about getting some bauer boots or ccm's, so would i just need to look for a boot in a size 10.5-11? any help is appreciated.

Edited by bauerguy88

this might be a stupid question and i didnt want to look through all 80+ pages, but how do you know what sizes to get. i am thinking about doing this. i currently have the tour silver max in a size 12. the chassis is still in good condition and i was looking to get new boots for them. i know all the Canadian manufactures run in smaller sizes and i was thinking about getting some bauer boots or ccm's, so would i just need to look for a boot in a size 10.5-11? any help is appreciated.

jake? its david, you will probly need a large, which is more than likley on the skate you have now.

Here's what I got back in the mail today. Thanks to Aussie Joe for setting this up, and thanks to Rhys for mounting the sprungs.

Kor Shift 1's mounted on A7 sprungs... I didnt have time to get them baked, so they will have to wait another week before being used. Am currently still on my torspo sprungs A6, with the numerous blocked shots and no issues.

KorSprungs.jpg

I have a question for all of you custom mounting gurus. I removed the ice holders from these nikes and I bought black vanguards for them which came in the mail today. I went to hold the chassis up to the boot and it really looks like there is no way to make them match up, there is a huge space between the front chassis mounting plate and the boot (it is like the boot is way to curved). If you make the front mounting plate line up flush there is a huge gap between the boot and the rear mounting plate. What should I do? Can these be mounted or do I have to add some kind of filler-shim so that they sit flush. On a side note I also held them up to a pair of vector pro boots that I have and they appeared to have the same exact issue even though the boot is much flatter on the bottom? Any help or advise would be great. By the way the skates are size 8E and the chassis are size M (so according to the chart they should be compatable) See pics to see what I am talking about...

This pic shows the skate being pushed forward (thanks mom) so the front plate is flush with the boot. Note the huge gap in the back...

img0733i.jpg

This pic shows the whole boot just sitting flush on the rear mounting plate. Huge gap on the front mounting plate in this position...

img0728s.jpg

Closeup of the front plate gap (when the rear plate is flush with the boot)

img0730uyu.jpg

There is no way that it will line up the way it is. If I have to make some kind of shim or plastic insert can anyone recommend where I can get the proper kind of plastic?

Thanks

Edited by matix218

The outsole is malleable. It is not rigid. You will have to hold it down, but it can and will flatten out once you start screwing in the bolts.

PS. Cute top.

Edited by _HSB_b345t

The outsole is malleable. It is not rigid. You will have to hold it down, but it can and will flatten out once you start screwing in the bolts.

I'm no expert but I would tend to agree. My Bauer 6000's had the same issue but once the chassis was riveted to the boot everything was fine.

I have a question for all of you custom mounting gurus. I removed the ice holders from these nikes and I bought black vanguards for them which came in the mail today. I went to hold the chassis up to the boot and it really looks like there is no way to make them match up, there is a huge space between the front chassis mounting plate and the boot (it is like the boot is way to curved). If you make the front mounting plate line up flush there is a huge gap between the boot and the rear mounting plate. What should I do? Can these be mounted or do I have to add some kind of filler-shim so that they sit flush. On a side note I also held them up to a pair of vector pro boots that I have and they appeared to have the same exact issue even though the boot is much flatter on the bottom? Any help or advise would be great. By the way the skates are size 8E and the chassis are size M (so according to the chart they should be compatable) See pics to see what I am talking about...

This pic shows the skate being pushed forward (thanks mom) so the front plate is flush with the boot. Note the huge gap in the back...

img0733i.jpg

This pic shows the whole boot just sitting flush on the rear mounting plate. Huge gap on the front mounting plate in this position...

img0728s.jpg

Closeup of the front plate gap (when the rear plate is flush with the boot)

img0730uyu.jpg

There is no way that it will line up the way it is. If I have to make some kind of shim or plastic insert can anyone recommend where I can get the proper kind of plastic?

Thanks

I have the exact same skates and have converted a few pairs of these now.

Just do as these guys are telling you, the outsole will contort to the shape of the chassis when under pressure - Ive had zero issues. You can probably do a search under my forum name to see pics of mine on here

Oh and get ready for numerous kids to ask where you got them, where they can get a pair and that theyre amazing - I know folk on here hate these skates with a passion but my ones get a ton of good attention lol

Stick yer one95s up yer arses (I have a pair tho lol)

If you are using Tnuts, screw in the ones in front first but not all the way... maybe half way up the screw thread to ensure that you have it anchored... then do the rear...

Once all the screws are in, start tightening up the screws little by little... the sole will be malleable enough to mount that vanguard.

Might be doing these mounts, the boots were just set on the chassis for the pic... not sure yet as I dont have enough time to play so often, let alone spend the time to do the mounts. Might sell them off in the end...

which one do you guys think? The MG is an older set, so it might not come out as nice. The alloys are brand new.

DSCN4990.jpg

Edited by fatwabbit

Thanks

HDPE plastic. High Density Polyethylene. The best plastic to shim the back of your boot.

This is my first conversion and my first Sprungs. I built them up for my step son to use primarily for off off ice training as there really is not any roller for his age group that we are inclined to put him in any more. They are his old S400 ice boots that he absolutely loved but had completely broken the tendon guards on, with the A7's, the bearings and wheels are just throw away junk I had sitting around the house since he will use them for a little general transport outside and has historically never cleaned his own bearings anyhow. I did the dye job myself just to try something flashy for him. The picture makes the red look a little orangy but it is really a pretty dark scarlet. With a little practice I hope to do a pair for myself since I coach in the local outdoor league for the younger brother, unfortunately it does not go any higher than first year bantam equivalent. Let me know what you think. The mount is with T-Nuts and a lot of extra measuring to try and make sure I didn't bungle everything. So far so good.

code02.jpgcodesskate.jpg

Hope the pictures show up ok as this is my first attempt hosting with image shack.

Scott