Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Here's a question. This is the first time I've encountered something like this, so will need some advice. I've got a pair of Graf 709 skates, and after removing the Cobra holders, I found out that the bottom of the outsole has some recesses like this pic of some Bauer XXXX

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8504-show-it-off/page__view__findpost__p__856152

I lined up my sprungs that I'm going to mount. The rear seems pretty good, new holes need to be drilled. 3 of the 4 holes that I was going to drill in the front was no issue either, but one of them is right on the edge of the cutout/recess. The footbed still feels solid, but wont be as secure as the rest. I can make do with another hole, but wanted to ask if anyone has had some issues before?

Here's a question. This is the first time I've encountered something like this, so will need some advice. I've got a pair of Graf 709 skates, and after removing the Cobra holders, I found out that the bottom of the outsole has some recesses like this pic of some Bauer XXXX

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8504-show-it-off/page__view__findpost__p__856152

I lined up my sprungs that I'm going to mount. The rear seems pretty good, new holes need to be drilled. 3 of the 4 holes that I was going to drill in the front was no issue either, but one of them is right on the edge of the cutout/recess. The footbed still feels solid, but wont be as secure as the rest. I can make do with another hole, but wanted to ask if anyone has had some issues before?

i had this exact same question a few pages back of this thread. i was considering converting some 703s. sprungster and someone else said it would be fine, but i am hesitant - especially since the recent posts about the new graf outsole not lasting long with inline chassis. 7 series grafs are too expensive for me to gamble with.

[

Just created: Bauer Supreme One 70 with a Mission Mag frame (Custom Paint Job) adding on some Labeda Addiction wheels and BSB Abec 9 Bearings.

How did you paint your chassis?

A friend of mine got it done for me.

Do you play roller for Slippery Rock because I use to play for Duquesne.

what did you play at Duquesne? I played for Shippensburg from 02-07.

always went against Culbertson, Twaddle, and CO.

and that crazy goalie you guys had.

what did you play at Duquesne? I played for Shippensburg from 02-07.

always went against Culbertson, Twaddle, and CO.

and that crazy goalie you guys had.

yea i played with all those guys yea our goalie was nuts.

yea i played with all those guys yea our goalie was nuts.

Yea I Play for Slippery Rock, Played tier 1 at neville in 06/07 and 07/08 when we got our ECRHA team and now play tier 2 finishing up my last season

IMG_0828%5B1%5D.JPG

boom... bauer supreme totalone pro's with labeda hum'er 9000 elite chassis, labeda addiction wheels on the ends and rinkrat splits on the mids. gonna try it with the lifts since my LHP didn't wanna jeopardize the integrity of the boot by shaving into it... we'll see how that goes...

I have a pair Easton s12's that I want to convert and I am not sure what chassis to with. And does anyone know of a shop in the Dallas area that will do it for me.

I have a pair Easton s12's that I want to convert and I am not sure what chassis to with. And does anyone know of a shop in the Dallas area that will do it for me.

i'm pretty sure perani's could do it... they're in euless. as for the chassis, i'd say go with any mission one, be it the magnesium or aluminum.

If I had the money I would totally of gotten those boots, they look sick.

i ALREADY cracked both of the heel lifts after one hour of shooting around (yes just shooting around, no hard play or anything), and the heel of the hum'er is able to push in and out of the boot... guess i'm gonna have to dremel away at em now. and thank you for the compliment.

Edited by LBinlineJOEJOE

i'm pretty sure perani's could do it... they're in euless. as for the chassis, i'd say go with any mission one, be it the magnesium or aluminum.

My skates are 7.5 and was wondering if I should go with a small or medium mission mag chassis.

@ EKs

My skates are all a 7 and I went with the medium Mag for each.

@ Ocky

Pretty hard to get hold of it seems in UK as our shops suck balls, I ordered a set from the US. Took a couple weeks to arrive.

Edited by Kanya

My skates are 7.5 and was wondering if I should go with a small or medium mission mag chassis.

I have medium vanguard chassis on my 7D Bauer Vapor XXXXs; you should be fine with mediums on a 7.5.

I have medium vanguard chassis on my 7D Bauer Vapor XXXXs; you should be fine with mediums on a 7.5.

I think a medium or a small would both be fine because as far as I have heard they have the same wheel-base, the only difference is the positioning of the mounting plates.

My 7D Boss SEs came with a Small Vanguard just for reference but at 7.5 it may jump up to a medium.

Im sure skating wise they would feel identical since the wheel base is the same it just may be trickier mount one of them (of course unless you actually hold that specific skate's outsole up to both it would be hard to know which sits more flush).

I think a medium or a small would both be fine because as far as I have heard they have the same wheel-base, the only difference is the positioning of the mounting plates.

My 7D Boss SEs came with a Small Vanguard just for reference but at 7.5 it may jump up to a medium.

Im sure skating wise they would feel identical since the wheel base is the same it just may be trickier mount one of them (of course unless you actually hold that specific skate's outsole up to both it would be hard to know which sits more flush).

correct. The medium vanguard chassis i have came from a 7.5D Mission Assassin boot.

Just finished my first tournament on the best inlineskates i have ever had on my foot.

This is how Bauer should make their inlineskates, if i were the one in charge :).

As you may have read in another thread i created i had some minor problems regarding a heel lift and a crappy work done by a "proffesional" but another shop worked it out for me in the last minute, picked them up 30 minutes before we left for the weekend tournament here in Sweden.

The specs:

Boot: Bauer Vapor X:60 Limited Editon size 9,5D

Chassi: Labeda Hum'er Size Medium

Wheels: Labeda Addiction 80mm

Bearings: Bones Swiss

Some Pics then.

img0724v.jpg

img0725fh.jpg

img0726r.jpg

img0729fyd.jpg

So what do you think?

Thinking of adding some red laces to it instead of the yellow ones.

Later this summer i will do a pair to have as a reserve but i think i will go with the original X:60 boot to match it up nicely :)

I myself have always stayed away from the Hummer Frame because of some of the horror storys i have heard when it comes to converting but other then that it looks like an awesome boot i have a supreme boot myself with the same wheels and i love it. But yea I think you should definitely lose the yellow laces.

Bear in mind that hes a UK 7.5. Pretty sure the guys who are saying they had a small frame on their skates at 7.5 are referring to US sizes which is a size 6.5 UK.

Anyway I stuck medium hi-lo's on mine, theres a pic of the way they looked in the conversion thread somewhere. (mine were 7 UK)

I have a pair of Total ONE skates I am considering getting converted. They currently have Tuuk LS2 holders on them and I was wondering which roller chassis you guys would recommend for a boot with all these holes drilled already for the LS2?

Thanks.