Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Ball hockey

I went and played Ball Hockey last night. I had forgotten how how it is to control a ball, compared to a puck (especially at teh speed these guys play).

I must've had the ball in front 4-5 times, and just couldn't get the handle on it...I only managed 1 on my buddy who was in net.

And, way more tiring/hard on the legs than skating...running on cement for an hour (or more), no to mention that this "rink" was damn hot.

It was fun though...

Anyone play organized Ball Hockey (not roller) in the summer or on off days?

Just wonderin'

Well me and a bunch of friends and people that just lived around me, would go up to the park up the street and it had a huge ball hockey court, and a few basketball courts,and we would have tournaments and make like 6 teams of 4 and play 20 minute games,we had a timer and then 5 minute OT if it was still tied in the round robin, it was really fun and a greatwork.

I always play for fun, and it's a lot easier to me than ice. My stickhandling is amazing with a ball, and I can do a lot more moves. My shots are better also, when I play roller with a ball, it's a totally different story also, my game blows away my ice game.

I play strictly organized ball hockey now. It's been 2 years since I last played organized ice hockey. I found Ball to be a tougher challenge. It is a very tough sport on your body, similar to lacrosse. They say no contact but there really is. I often find myself going to the bench just short of vomitting some shifts.(especially in big games) I find goalie's are harder to score on b/c their not on skates therefore their harder to get out of position. To be successful in a top tier league you must have all the essential's of ice hockey. I play my game at top speed meaning everything is done quick, there's no time(no glide time as on skates), Tic Tac Toe passing is effective, The key is to move the ball quick and do the least running as possible. There's alot more.

Check out this site:

http://www.cbha.com/

Been playing Ball Hockey for the last 5 summers.

Absolutely love it.

The comp is great, every game is intense.

Play in the Mississauga / Peel Region in Ontario.

Tier 2 again this year, for the Mississauga Blackhawks.

Getting ready for the start, i think we're like a month & a half away.

Great game, lots of running, and like roadrunner said, fast as hell.

Phil

I've been playing organized ball hockey for about year now at the Rinx in Toronto (around 5 completed seasons so far on 2 teams for one season). I play tier 4 and usually there are some teams with players who play tier 2-3 and it's really tough playing against those guys but it's fun nonetheless. I gotta say the toughest part about the game is probably defending against a team that can cycle well because they have half the arena to do it.

Personally, I'm working on slowing down the game and having more poise with the ball. I found that I was rushing things and my vision narrowed down a lot compared to when I was playing ball hockey with my friends in the gym.

I used to play organized ball hockey as well but had to stop now due to injury. I played for a Division I Team that took part in the National Finals and I was selected to play for Greece at the 2007 World Championships but they will probably withdrawn due to travel costs.

My friends and I play street hockey whenever we can. Its very hard shooting a ball after using a puck for awhile though. Nearly impossible to aim it.

played in a ball league 5 years back, I remember being able to control the ball well at pace but when it came to shooting the keeper could just stand to 1 side, I had no chance whatsoever of hitting the target on any shot, it was awful. but rather funny to watch

used to play lots and lots of street hockey but since i started playing ice i've hardly played street. I joined up for my high school's lunch-time intramural hockey with a bunch of friends though so that should be pretty fun

I've played for years. Helped me get rid of my brick hands and also helps with quick thinking. If anyone is going to Midget or Juvy provincials for their city this year PM me I'm gunna be there.

kkancho, what team do you play for, I play in your league maybe not the same division though .

bubber27-I've played against your team many times. You guys are usually a tough team to play against if I remember correctly.

roadrunner, what team you play for? And are you playing this summer?

And you are right, we are a tough team to play against!!!!

Nationals last year, Provincials the year before, we're up there with the Ruff Ryders, Canucks, Kings, Thunder, etc etc...

I used to play for the NY Leafs in tier 2 and 3, now I just play for fun on Sundays with a tier 3 team T.O Bulldogs we're horrible. I couldn't keep playing w/the leafs b/c I went back to school and the games/classes conflict.

I'm taking a break this summer, taking some courses. To be honest I don't know if I'll be going back. Last season we mssed the playoffs and we are 0-3 this season been outscored 13 to 3, so it's not looking good.

Good luck!

as a laugh we started playing a bit of ball hockey during training on sat+ I swear nobody could control the ball+ all of them started complaining, think we are going to have to play a bit more ball hockey for a while