Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waione

Who is the best goalie ?

There have been many great ones, but I have to say Ken Dryden. Roy was good but all the cheating equipment he had made the difference. Look at a pic of Drydens arms extended, you can actually see his arm shape, unlike Roy with the big c/a and bat wing jersey.

Of todays goalies, Hasek and Brodeur, and of the past, guys you can count on when you need them.......The Cheese!

I won't comment on any goalie that I haven't seen play...

Roy: Made the butterfly popular. Nearly every goalie is playing a hybrid or evolved style of Roy.

Hasek: Flopper, always seems to be in position. Organized chaos.

Turko: Slightly above par as far as his play in net... BUT he's become a pioneer in stick handling. The Turko style of stick handling is winning over goalie's all across the nation including the NHL!!! Whether he was the first to do it(i have no idea) but he is getting credit for it and that means he deserves to be mentioned.

Brodeur: Best stick handling goalie ever. Took Roy's butterfly and made it more effecient(half butterfly).

Marc-Andre Fleury: Definitely NOT the best goalie ever, but in my opinion by the end of his career he will be considered one of the best ever. VERY fast, gutsy, great stick, innovative. His style is what I would call an evolution of Brodeur's style. Marc uses his stick like no other goalie in the NHL would even imagine.

Luongo: If he could control his rebounds better he would easily be the best in the world(right now).

Kippersoft: Great at getting down in the butterfly, fastest to a full butterfly I have ever seen.

Vanbiesbrouck: Interesting style that never caught on besides from beer league goalies that can't rotate their pads. Amazing reflexes.

Belfour: Great work ethic, one of the first goalies in the NHL to have a goalie trainer and coach to keep his skills fresh. Nearly impossible to beat low.

Ryan Miller: Needs to work on his puck handling skills but besides that he's very solid and doesn't crack under pressure.

IMO, the best goalie is the one that helps and becomes a third defenseman while not getting himself out of position and when in position he is almost unbeatable... The best model for this type of goaltender is Martin Brodeur.

since i am a pens fan, i see fleury alot. hes pretty good for being so young. his bright yellow pads are like a target.

capt.paks10203020137.senators_penguins_hockey_paks102.jpg

he makes some spectacular saves, but the defense takes too many coffee breaks. best current: brodeur

best in past: roy

since i am a pens fan, i see fleury alot. hes pretty good for being so young. his bright yellow pads are like a target.

capt.paks10203020137.senators_penguins_hockey_paks102.jpg

he makes some spectacular saves, but the defense takes too many coffee breaks. best current: brodeur

best in past: roy

if he had players in front of him that will comunicate better then he will be possibly the best keeper around

still no one agrees with me about tretiak?

havent really seen or heard to much bout him, mind you hockey in Uk can be pretty much none existant

u guys are missin out and you havent seen miracle????????????

i am ashamed

Bill Ranford played him in the movie.

ok ahem... Played for the USSR national team(red army) led USSR to gold medals in '72 '76 '84 and the silver medal in '80 from the loss to US in thus leading to the Miracle on Ice, but only played 1 period, Won 3 Canada Cups, '72 '76 '81 (for red army team) 10 World Campionships, 9 European Championships, virtually undefeated in IIHF tourn., 1.78 GAA lifetime, #1 for 14 years in USSR, 13 league titles, awarded the order of Lenin, Wn the golden hockey stick 3 consecutive years '81'82'83 over 90 medals toatl (not all olympic) first non-NHL player to be inducted into Hockey Hall of Fame, Mentor to Ed BElfour back in Chicago in '90-'91

are you educated enough? he has his website goaltending.net too

thats what he trained with

someone would stand behind him w/ the ball both facing a wall

the person behind would bounce the ball off the wall really fast and Tretiak would catch it with his catching hand

high intensity stuff my dad was a goalie and he and his dad did that with him too

yup, that be him, got our keeper doing the same, but using different types+shapes of walls, his glove is getting quick.

didnt the coach always ask tretiak if he had the ball with him?