Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

Fixing a loose blade.

I don't know if this has been discussed before but i'm having problems with cutted OPS. The tapered blade i put in em is just a bit loose. They're fixed solidly but i can feel the movement of the blade when stick handling.

How do you guys fix this? I tried tape on the hossel but the problem is that the blade is loose only on the thinner side of the hossel so it rips off when i put the blade in the shaft... Should i trie extra glue or something?

Thanks.

Make sure you go really slow. A lot of times, people put blades in their shaft so quick almost all the glue comes off. If you do it properly and slowly taking your time, you get more glue between the tennon and shaft. Using the tape works really well. Just go slow. Also, heat the shaft up a bit, not too much though.

This is what I did and do everytime I put a blade into my synergy shaft.

I took an old broken wood tenon and cut a small piece off of the side of it. I continued to sand it until it fit between the new tenon and the shaft. Now I have a shim that I can use anytime.

Also if this works I can't see why a piece of steel or aluminum from a metal shop wouldn't work either. ie. .030 shim stock

Strip the tennon of glue, put tape on, then reglue it, make sure you cover all the tape. The tape wont come off once you cover it in glue.

I find if you use just tape it works much better then glue in the first place. I've never had a wobbly blade with tape, but tons of timse with glue. I always use tape now.

Ya Stick tape

EDIT: Tape over the (hosel?) of the blade not around it, otherwise it wont go in as easy

I ussually put tape on so it wont go in the shaft then heat the shaft put glue on then do it, I think it makes the shaft expand a little and then it will shrink again and get a tighter fit

How do you guys fix this? I tried tape on the hossel but the problem is that the blade is loose only on the thinner side of the hossel so it rips off when i put the blade in the shaft...

Maybe I am reading that wrong, but if it fits tight on the wide side and is loose on the narrow side, have you not tried putting tape on just the narrow side? (just like panthers pic only cut the tape width in half and lay it over the narrow side)

try putting glue in the shaft before you put the blade in

Tape works better than glue from my experiences. If you put it in the shaft its the same thing as putting it on the blade.

i cut the tape in half to go down the skinny side. one piece normal down the fat sides, one piece cut in half down the skinny side. one piece for each way, crossing over the top and coming back down.