Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Mission Intake

Wore mine for 2 games...no blueness...as for feeling cooler...didn't notice much difference...

As for looking cool...again..no one noticed...

people noticed mine.. but then again I'm a female playing with males :D :D

I noticed it on a player in a drop in game I played over the weekend.. looked really nice.

i couldn't tell if it felt cooler or not. but after games i noticed that the inside wasn't as wet as my 4000.

Got one today. I did take off the side pieces. It really doesn't serve a purpose; they just put longer backings in the helmet. I removed it and put standard ones in and I'm set. Without them it looks just like the Itech.

I now have to install the shield. Will give it a whirl next week.

Got one today. I did take off the side pieces. It really doesn't serve a purpose; they just put longer backings in the helmet. I removed it and put standard ones in and I'm set. Without them it looks just like the Itech.

I now have to install the shield. Will give it a whirl next week.

So you took out the silver pieces as well or you just put in shorter screws. Sorry if I sound stupid but I never knew what those silver slider pieces were called.

Oakley straight small.

The stock backings are much longer than regular ones. Basically you have to take apart the helmet, put regular backings in there (the square ones) then put regular screws in there.

I have a black intake with an HS22 Straight Cut Itech visor. Coming from a Nike Quest, the main thing that I noticed what that I no longer had sweat pouring on my visor like I did on the Nike. The EPP are much thicker and much more absorbant than on the Nike. I can't really tell if my head is cooler, but I imagine that is mostly because it is about 30 degrees warmer now than it was when I was playing with the Nike.

are there any former hc100 users that switched to the intake on here? i'm curious if it (hopefully) fits a little wider. or better yet, is there any chance mission will release a hc95 padding style version of the intake?

Oakley straight small.

Hey JR, I noticed you've posted up a photo of your Mission Intake Helmet with your Oakley Straight Small Visor, did you have any problems with the installation of that visor to your helmet? Is the visor pulling the helmet wider or is it just right?

when i installed my hs22 aviator visor it pulled the outer shell wide. but the epp part did not move. i also suggest getting spacers so the visor doesn't pull the helmet even further.

as for the bleeding problem. after a couple of sessions into them it disappeared.

Oakley straight small.

Hey JR, I noticed you've posted up a photo of your Mission Intake Helmet with your Oakley Straight Small Visor, did you have any problems with the installation of that visor to your helmet? Is the visor pulling the helmet wider or is it just right?

Actually, no problems at all. Fit just right.

when i installed my hs22 aviator visor it pulled the outer shell wide. but the epp part did not move. i also suggest getting spacers so the visor doesn't pull the helmet even further.

I know this is the Intake thread...but my Itech Prowave does that on my Bauer 5000 (M). The plastic is pulled out, but the foam still stills tight where it should. I am using the spacers that came with the visor.

I assume it is common then?

Doing shipment tonite, we just received the Intake at Sport Chek. Going for $139.99 CAD and we got them in large and medium, both black. Tried one on, fits a little wide for my head.

I've been using mine for about 3 weeks now. As mentioned above, the "bleeding" problem went away after 2 uses.

I like it so far....it feels a bit heavier than my HH4000 did but that's okay. I'm getting used to it. I don't notice anything "cooler" about it though. My hair is still sopping wet at the end of a game.

I know this is the Intake thread...but my Itech Prowave does that on my Bauer 5000 (M). The plastic is pulled out, but the foam still stills tight where it should. I am using the spacers that came with the visor.

I assume it is common then?

I'm not sure. When i had the same visor on my hh4000s the foam kinda stretched wide with the shell as well. The fit is definately better with the intake.

How does it adjust? Is it the MHL? Is it screws? I was reading the site and the mission head lock was confusing me. When it comes, it had like plastic pieces slid inbetween the screws and the helmet. How do you fit it?

just like the itech hc100. but the way the shell slides is different and gives u a better fit.

Those plastic pieces is just a reminder to adjust the helmet.

The MHL has straps which attaches to the rear foam. You do not adjust it, it adjusts to your head.