Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Mission Intake

FYI:

Cyclone Taylor just got these in. They are about $129.00 Cdn. They also got in the (sort of new) NBH 4500 helmet (or whatever number it is now called).

Jimmy,

Sorry for being clueless with regards to your response, but it seems like I am missing some background on this situation.  Care to elaborate?  Did Mission/Itech deny you as an authorized Mission dealer or something?

Regs,

Jeff

No, they didn't deny me anything. Their sales force hasn't ever contacted me. IMO, one of my "big" competitors has put pressure on them. That's how it is in this business.

It looks like this helmet may be a hit with the kids. You may want to contact Mission and try to grab your share of that market.

Actually, the RBK helmets are the hit with the kids. Not one person has asked me about Intake helmets. I ordered a bunch of the 6k's which will be cheaper than the 8k's. I think they will be the big seller this year.

Jimmy,

Sorry for being clueless with regards to your response, but it seems like I am missing some background on this situation.  Care to elaborate?  Did Mission/Itech deny you as an authorized Mission dealer or something?

Regs,

Jeff

No, they didn't deny me anything. Their sales force hasn't ever contacted me. IMO, one of my "big" competitors has put pressure on them. That's how it is in this business.

It looks like this helmet may be a hit with the kids. You may want to contact Mission and try to grab your share of that market.

Actually, the RBK helmets are the hit with the kids. Not one person has asked me about Intake helmets. I ordered a bunch of the 6k's which will be cheaper than the 8k's. I think they will be the big seller this year.

6k should hit big this year

yeah also if you look at how the mission intake and how the rbk sits on a persons head may just be me but i notice it sits alot higher ontop of the head and fits a fair amount wider also even wider than the rbks. but yeah the 6ks will be amazing this year.

Sorry, not to hijack the thread or anything...

so cant you just take the screws out all the way, remove the piece of clear plastic, then put in some shorter screws, adjust to fit, then good to go?

For USA Hockey play that would be a "modified" helmet and you shouldn't be permitted to play with it.

give me a break chadd, you think anyone is serious enough to look at screws? I have no earpieces in my helmet, along with other different screws than bauer ones because I lost mine, is that modified?

For youth hockey, you couldn't play without the ear flaps. I don't know what rules you play under as I don't ref college games. As a ref, I don't have to like the rules, just enforce them.

My college league (ECHA) does not require you play with the earpieces. I think once you get past USA youth hockey and high school, you're allowed to modify your helmet. I also play in a men's league in Jersey that allows modifications like earpieces.

Also, on the new helmet front, what are the differences between the 8k and 6k? I know the 6k is cheaper, but I was wondering what makes the 8k better (i.e. more expensive).

I like the way the Intake looks, earpieces or no earpieces.

Sorry, not to hijack the thread or anything...
so cant you just take the screws out all the way, remove the piece of clear plastic, then put in some shorter screws, adjust to fit, then good to go?

For USA Hockey play that would be a "modified" helmet and you shouldn't be permitted to play with it.

give me a break chadd, you think anyone is serious enough to look at screws? I have no earpieces in my helmet, along with other different screws than bauer ones because I lost mine, is that modified?

For youth hockey, you couldn't play without the ear flaps. I don't know what rules you play under as I don't ref college games. As a ref, I don't have to like the rules, just enforce them.

My college league (ECHA) does not require you play with the earpieces. I think once you get past USA youth hockey and high school, you're allowed to modify your helmet. I also play in a men's league in Jersey that allows modifications like earpieces.

Also, on the new helmet front, what are the differences between the 8k and 6k? I know the 6k is cheaper, but I was wondering what makes the 8k better (i.e. more expensive).

I like the way the Intake looks, earpieces or no earpieces.

Junior and college rulebooks differ from senior hockey rules. Just for the record, I've taken the earpieces out of the last half dozen or so helmets that I've owned.

6k is a slightly stripped down 8k. No width adjustment is the biggest difference from what I recall. I think affordability is what's going to make it a bigger success than the 8k. The Intake is going to be popular this year too, no doubt about it.

Have you had many defective returns? I have taken back some with cracked EPP foam. It just split after less than a month of game play. I have never seen this happen with other brands using EPP. I know its under warranty but for a $150 helmet, the customer is giving me a hard time. Its also a problem when RBK has no stock for replacement helmets. Just wondering........

Helllll no man...this is CCM/RBK we're talking about. All the ones he has that are defective are NBH helmets...:)

Actually, haven't had any NBH helmets ever come back with broken foam. I have no problems with NBH helmets, or their protective equipment for that matter, it is as good quality as the others. I do have issues with their skates though. But since I'm not greased with free equipment, I can be honest when talking about real problems. As for 8k's, only seen one with broken liner so I wouldn't say it's an epidemic. As far as equipment problems go, all we can do is speculate because there are so many variables on how the equipment is treated by the owner.

Helllll no man...this is CCM/RBK we're talking about. All the ones he has that are defective are NBH helmets...:)

i had a bunch of 8000's break on the the epp foam where u install the J clips and had a couple of those back pieces come off also.

Actually, the RBK helmets are the hit with the kids.  Not one person has asked me about Intake helmets.  I ordered a bunch of the 6k's which will be cheaper than the 8k's.  I think they will be the big seller this year.

Have you had many defective returns? I have taken back some with cracked EPP foam. It just split after less than a month of game play. I have never seen this happen with other brands using EPP. I know its under warranty but for a $150 helmet, the customer is giving me a hard time. Its also a problem when RBK has no stock for replacement helmets. Just wondering........

had problems too with cracked EPP and failure with the Micro dial and fit clips

Here's an update on the helmet: what i found sorta annoying is that the blue printing on those gel pads inside the Intake rub off. After my game tonight my entire forehead was blue!

Here's an update on the helmet: what i found sorta annoying is that the blue printing on those gel pads inside the Intake rub off. After my game tonight my entire forehead was blue!

wow....I can look forward to my forehead matching my hair.

We got the lids in this week. I tried one on and it was very comfortable. I still wear old school CCM HT2(Chelios style). The helmet was very light. Now for this blue bleeding problem, I can't wait for my first customer to come in with this happening. I can't believe this got through QC.

i mean don't get me wrong it's still a very nice helmet and it's very comfortable. but i've only used this helmet twice before i noticed the blue rubbing off. but for $129.99 i never saw this problem coming!

Edit: the bleeding problem has goten much worse. u don't even have to rub the gel pad at all for it to rub off. just one touch and your entire finger is blue!

Well I've had this helmet for about 2 weeks now.. no blue on my forehead :huh:

anyways.. I don't notice anything much different yet about the itech100 and the Intake, it's more "cushonier" hehehe.. but that's all I can tell right now.. don't notice it much on my head (good thing?) haven't got smacked yet so haven't tested the durability yet :D otherwise it's a sweet lookin' helmet

Well I've had this helmet for about 2 weeks now.. no blue on my forehead :huh:

anyways.. I don't notice anything much different yet about the itech100 and the Intake, it's more "cushonier" hehehe.. but that's all I can tell right now.. don't notice it much on my head (good thing?) haven't got smacked yet so haven't tested the durability yet :D otherwise it's a sweet lookin' helmet

Does your head feel cooler?

Well I've had this helmet for about 2 weeks now.. no blue on my forehead  :huh:

anyways.. I don't notice anything much different yet about the itech100 and the Intake, it's more "cushonier" hehehe.. but that's all I can tell right now.. don't notice it much on my head (good thing?) haven't got smacked yet so haven't tested the durability yet  :D  otherwise it's a sweet lookin' helmet

Does your head feel cooler?

I dunno.. i'll have to try and take note next time

Wore mine for 2 games...no blueness...as for feeling cooler...didn't notice much difference...

As for looking cool...again..no one noticed...