Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donkey87

One Arm Hockey Player

Had a kid do that over here too, he wanted to fight everyone. And I thought I was cool playing with a broken arm.

Yeah he really can ... the goalies have a hard time because they watch his "nub" instead of the puck. But his shot is great!

His parents are awesome also !!

It just shows how much of a whiner we are for complaining about the little things that goes on in our life...We are a lot fortunate but we don't realize it often.

We have a kid down here in Huntsville, AL who plays with 1 arm as well. Excellent hockey player! Fast, can stickhandle, knows the game...and best of all, he seems like a great kid.

He uses a couple wraps of tape to hold the butt end of the stick to his shorter arm.

We used to have a kid at my school who was missing everything from the middle of his shin down. He had a prosthetic foot, and half a shin and he played hockey. He played varsity hockey for us. He could skate fine but it does really put things in perspective.

I saw a biography at Barnes and Noble about this legless teen hockey player who used prosthetic legs. I don't think he was playing at a level near this guy though.

I played open with one of those sled hockey players once. Since no goalies showed up, we had to play the post. That bastard had a pretty accurate shot.