Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#44wannabe

Most PiMs you've had in one season

187 in 13 games... yeah high school was a damn gongshow. Set new records each year. 135 in 17 games first year, 187 in 13 games in my last year... we were a last place team and had a lot of young and inexpereinced guys on our squad so it wasn't like I was doing my best impression of "missing Link". Racked up over 60 in one game... I still don't remember why I kept playing that year, nothing good came out of it.

187 in 13 games... yeah high school was a damn gongshow. Set new records each year. 135 in 17 games first year, 187 in 13 games in my last year... we were a last place team and had a lot of young and inexpereinced guys on our squad so it wasn't like I was doing my best impression of "missing Link". Racked up over 60 in one game... I still don't remember why I kept playing that year, nothing good came out of it.

what state did you play high school in? was the hockey any good?

Oregon/Washington...hockey was horrible then with a mix of Jr and house level rec players and even worse now with mostly house level players. Had a couple guys from the WHL play with us in the early days but didn't help at all.

Oregon/Washington...hockey was horrible then with a mix of Jr and house level rec players and even worse now with mostly house level players. Had a couple guys from the WHL play with us in the early days but didn't help at all.

sounds like a joke

in 7 games I had got 37 PIM then they asked me to leave the league because I was giving them a bad name!!

You better have gotten a refund

didnt happen in the end, we managed to pursuade them to let me play til the end of the season, I didnt pick up any more Pims.

I played rec hockey 2 years back+ whilst playing in goal+ picked up 25 mins in 1 game

I've led my team in penatly minutes for a few years now, it's not a stat that I'm proud of, but I get a little too intense on the ice, and the local refs seem to have my number now. A lot of the time I receive penalties that nobody else would get one for, just because I'm known to the refs, and they look for whatever they can to put me in the box. I'm not a dirty player though, most come from roughing, something as simple as a little push to a guy that spears the goalie after the whislte or whatever.

huh? i didn't understand your post... if WHL guys came and started playing for just about any High School in even Wisconson or Ontario, they would elevate the level of play would they not? If I'm thinking about the same WHL as you are. All I gotta say is, you're damn lucky to get to play with WHL guys in a High School hockey program. Most HS programs I've seen don't have players like that.

It doesn't garauntee succes. I know my HS had an OHL player for us the year before I came onboard. He personally did well, but the team wasn't good and it didn't make the overall league that much better.

30-40PIM, I go on streaks, I go 5-6 games penalty free, than I'll get 2 or 3 in a game.

Thats excatly like myself, i went a few games penalty free, than got a 10 and 3 minors in one game. I usually get my mins in bunches.

Total joke of a league

What league in Oregon/Washington isn't a joke? Its hard for me to tell which is the bigger joke, PNAHA or NorPac.

PNAHA by far... NORPAC or NPHL actually has some WHL grads now.

huh? i didn't understand your post... if WHL guys came and started playing for just about any High School in even Wisconson or Ontario, they would elevate the level of play would they not? If I'm thinking about the same WHL as you are. All I gotta say is, you're damn lucky to get to play with WHL guys in a High School hockey program. Most HS programs I've seen don't have players like that.

With such a vast gap in the playing level in that league, having 1 or 2 players from the dub come in for a couple games as ringer only helps elevate the score for one team and the total penalty mins for the game. Wasn't quite as helpful or exciting as one might think the way they were used. As for being lucky, having a 6'6 goon come in and start taking cheap shots at players, some of whom have trouble skating backwards... I was only lucky to come out alive with a pretty kick ass david and goliath type story.

242 in Jrs, only 4 10's, most were 5's and a few minors. Also had 28 points in 51 games so did my job but put some points up. Last year in college had 156 in 33 games, 14 points to finish the year. Got 14 in one period, 10+2 for an open ice charging, and took 2 steps out of the box, and got councidental crosscheck..

Now 101 in 15 games. :ph34r:

Wow, sounds like you're really helping your team out there tough guy. :rolleyes:

You'ed be suprised, One of our key D men when he aint in the box. Someone has to do the enforcer job from time to time.............

Update, As of tonight i have 106 PIMs. Got 16 mins in penalties, double minor and misconduct.

A kid on my team played about 20 games or so half of what we've played and ending up leading the team with 200+pims. Averaging about 10 mins a game. Put us behind a lot.

Edit-Spelling