Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g0o0nshow

New Vector skates be careful

Well i just picked up a pair and skated on them they were awsome...Before I was in the Vapor XXX and i thought the transition to the CCM wouldd be hard but it was actually quite smooth. Thats not the pint of this thread I don't know if its in all of them be when i took my skates in to get rockered my sharpener told me taht the holder on my left skate was not mounted properly in fact it was on an angle. I have no idea how i skated on them but if your interested in these skates, be sure to check the holder to make sure they are both mounted properly.

also to verify, were they awesome "before" he noticed the holder off? If so, why did you mess with a good thing?? :D JK, that's why LHS experts are valuable, to find defects which sometimes happen. All skates regardless of brand/model should be checked thoroughly. Curious, why didn't you just exchange them for another pair?

well i would say they are equal to a little more heavier than the XXXs, tomorrow im getting a tuuk holder put on them as i was told they are lighter, they are fairly stiff but the tightening system with the "lace locks" are very easy to get them to a desired tightness

probably shoulda put this in the last post but they come to approx. $750 with tax

Holy Crap! I can't understand why the CDN price is so inflated, not just on these but on hockey equipment in general. Must be a popularity premium. I'm guessing that skate wil retail in the US for way less than that.

probably shoulda put this in the last post but they come to approx. $750 with tax

Holy Crap! I can't understand why the CDN price is so inflated, not just on these but on hockey equipment in general. Must be a popularity premium. I'm guessing that skate wil retail in the US for way less than that.

That why sometime, i prefer to buy online. i can save around 200cnd!

Holy Crap! I can't understand why the CDN price is so inflated, not just on these but on hockey equipment in general.

A tarriff on imported hockey equipment

Holy Crap!  I can't understand why the CDN price is so inflated, not just on these but on hockey equipment in general.

I thought CCM was still in Canada though

Holy Crap!  I can't understand why the CDN price is so inflated, not just on these but on hockey equipment in general.

I thought CCM was still in Canada though

Some of their products are canadian-made, but not all of them.

that and doesnt help that canadian shops get abit more expensive price list compared too the american.cause theres 2 price lists if i remember correctly and due to the american dollar being so close to the canadian dollar its screwing the canadian shops up. as for buying online true you may be saving some money but how do you know how the skates feel and what the proper size and width would be

what is that like 88 thing on the back of the skate ?

You can put your # on the back of the skate. That picture is taken with #88 put in. I think there like a sticker or something like that.

You can put your # on the back of the skate. That picture is taken with #88 put in. I think there like a sticker or something like that.

I saw that on some RBK baseball spikes yesterday too.

Nope, that's not it. I get some of my equipment from the same warehouse in Canada as my counterpart canadian LHS's. The Tarrif is equal. I say it's more a popularity premium, suckers know Canadians love hockey and are obsesed and will pay anything. :D They can get more, ... simple supply and demand.

yeah but its kind dumb and you know some kids gunna put 69 as his number back there

They don't put numbers on your skates! They come as "88", as in they are blanks (I dont know the name of the system). Just think of calculator LCD numbers.

Just black out the lines you dont need to leave behind your number, in white.

Not really a functional feature, but a nice touch by CCM.