Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

NBH ONE90 Initial Thoughts

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous, crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service, in time of war, or public danger; nor shall any person be subject, for the same offence, to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled, in any criminal case, to be a witness against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

And that means?

Guess you don't wanna say the price :lol: :blink:

Oh, you're not from the US. That is the 5th Amendment to the Constitution. Basically we can use that in a court of law if we don't want to answer a question :)

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous, crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service, in time of war, or public danger; nor shall any person be subject, for the same offence, to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled, in any criminal case, to be a witness against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

1, 2, 3, 4....fif i plead the fif i plead the fif

chapelles(sp) show

I don't know why everyone keeps on asking me this. Does it matter if I said $700? Does it matter if I paid $0?

Translation ------- They were damn expensive :P

I don't know why everyone keeps on asking me this. Does it matter if I said $700? Does it matter if I paid $0?

Yes, if you paid $0, your review might be biased as compared to if you had your own money on the line. You have to agree, don't you?

I have been talking to NBH about this skate for a year now. When it came time for me to get the skate, they asked me what I wanted. I told them my problems and they agreed to make me a skate. When I tested 8090, I said that I liked the skate, but the problems I had with it was lace bite and height. That was the paragraph I wrote on the last page of the field tester's evaluation book. Guess what they did to ONE90? A beefier tongue and the lowest skate height in Bauer's history.

Bob, I am insulted. A lot of manufacturers have sent me product to test and I have tested it to the best of my ability and tried to stay as unbiased as I can and rate the equipment for what it is. By you implying that they are trying to butter me up by giving me freebies is a personal attack on me and my reputation.

By making a comment like the one you just did totally goes against what this site is all about. We've praised products that went against the mainstream and we've slammed products. Just ask Easton about the SyNthesis.

I would recommend that you want to be standing up because your foot will flaten out when you stand up. Im pretty sure if you want to be skating in them as well, you prolly will be standing up while you skate in them i hope ;)

If anything have someone with you and help u measure so you are positive that you are getting the exact sizes. I wear a custom skate as well, and i am very happy i had someone work with me because the fit is perfect to my foot. The only thing ive done through the years with my skates is added a set of the Shock Doctor insoles(replaces the beat up ratty ones)...I have to say, it was a good choice, esspecially when you heat them up to the boot. (some foot types prolly wont like that, fits very specific)

---FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT TRY THAT----

Beware, a thicker footbed will make the skate feel slightly smaller because your foot is lifted a bit more inside the skate and it will feel as if you are closer to the end, when you are actually grazing more of the top of the toebox.