Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
RedAce

Best Cruve for doing the Toe Drag move?

What do you guys think is the best curve out there for doing the toe drag move??

I love it when Datsyuk just makes guys look silly when he pulls off some of his Awsome toe drag moves.

Picking a curve based on a single move (like the toe drag) is probably not a good idea.

You're better off just taking your usual curve and practicing a lot. Check out the drills on usahockey.com; they have some good ones.

imostly toe curves aswell, shananhan, lidstrom, and cole pretty much

Isn't the lidstrom a heel wedge?

Have a look for some of the european guys pro stock sticks. A lot of them seem to have some sick toe curves.

But yeah i agree with whbd18 its all to do with the player. ive seen people pull sick toe drags with flat blades and heel wedges, they just gotta have the skills to do it!

yeah, its about practice - i wouldve suggested rounded toes as compared to the squared off shanny types...easier for me. i found whne practicing toe drags its important to develop your top hand on the stick. practice toe drags with a empty toilet paper tube on your lower hand, makes you develop that top hands strength. helped me out a bit overall.

imostly toe curves aswell, shananhan, lidstrom, and cole pretty much

Isn't the lidstrom a heel wedge?

Have a look for some of the european guys pro stock sticks. A lot of them seem to have some sick toe curves.

But yeah i agree with whbd18 its all to do with the player. ive seen people pull sick toe drags with flat blades and heel wedges, they just gotta have the skills to do it!

just like the saying. its not the hammer, its the builder or whatever.

i aint good with philosophy and sayings...

I would say a toe curve with a rounded toe would be the best, but people pull 'em with square toed heel wedges too.

What do you guys think is the best curve out there for doing the toe drag move??

I love it when Datsyuk just makes guys look silly when he pulls off some of his Awsome toe drag moves.

It's not the curve, you need to practice.

Sean Skinner says that he prefers rounded toe as at any angle there is more stick closer towards the surface of the ice. That is true except when the square toe stick is flush. I personally believe that a rounded toe does help but I think that you could get good with ANY shaped toe as long as you practice a lot. I use Shanahan (square toe) and have gotten much better in the last few months with practice.

My thought is hey, if the pros can do it with a square toe, I should be able to too...

Edited by analog999

Sure you need to pratice but FOR ME, curves is still a factor, and this is actually my kind of move, i always use my toe ...

I found that the best curve was an Iginla

Its harder with a really round toe like a drury or CCM's modo clone(forgot the name). Its definetly easier with more sqaure toes like liddy or blunter round toes like sakic. Bottom line, just practise a lot.

I found the Shanny curve really easy for toe drags. I guess it was the longer blade and a deeper curve. I am using a modano now and I find way more difficult with the flater curve. Maybe its all in my head??

i picked up a prostock classic silver synergy in the hemsky pattern.

effin beauty for toe drags. seems to just stay wherever you want it to go.

Umm not true. When I use a Drury curve im absolute money with it. I mean, I can do to drags with my eyes closed no problem. But when I try it with other curves it is very hard to do, and I can barely do it.

Umm not true. When I use a Drury curve im absolute money with it. I mean, I can do to drags with my eyes closed no problem. But when I try it with other curves it is very hard to do, and I can barely do it.

I know people who swear by round toes and others who swear by square ones. It's the player, not the tool.

i find the forsberg or any kind of clone is best for me when it comes to some dangles

best all around i think but thats just for me, besides its the player who makes the curve not the curve who makes the player, you just have to get used to whatever the curve is first