Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Worst Week in Hockey:Tryouts

Bergan Xpress is very cheap dude, you guys could't participate in a tourny or somehting this year cuz you stacked em so much and got caught.

there was only a midget team this year and i wasnt on it soi wouldnt know

but when i played it was awesome it was a great time

You have to have been coached byu someone to say if they were good/bad he was a great coach and he really jump started my ability to the ability i am at now

also why not try out for the Ramapo Saints IMO

Well my hockey horror story was my first year or peewee, my last year atom i played atom 3 and then just before tryouts i broke my arm, it only took till the end of tryouts to heal, and then i was placed on a teir 7 team and to say the least it was terribly unfair for me and the other kids i obviously had more skill than those players... it came to the last game of the playoffs, i hit a kid and the play continued and he was hurt, then the whistle went he got up and skated off with the coaches help, they then sent their "goon" after me he went to hit me and i braced myself and he slipped and started sliding towards me and i tried to side step him but he got a piece of my leg and i was spun around he slid into the boards pretty heavily, from the refs view it looked like i hit him from behind as i was standing over him as he was against the boards, hurt. I was given a hit from behind penalty and ejected on the way out of the arena, and a parent came up to me and called me a f***in goon. To a 12 year old it was disgusting to hear.

Well my hockey horror story was my first year or peewee, my last year atom i played atom 3 and then just before tryouts i broke my arm, it only took till the end of tryouts to heal, and then i was placed on a teir 7 team and to say the least it was terribly unfair for me and the other kids i obviously had more skill than those players... it came to the last game of the playoffs, i hit a kid and the play continued and he was hurt, then the whistle went he got up and skated off with the coaches help, they then sent their "goon" after me he went to hit me and i braced myself and he slipped and started sliding towards me and i tried to side step him but he got a piece of my leg and i was spun around he slid into the boards pretty heavily, from the refs view it looked like i hit him from behind as i was standing over him as he was against the boards, hurt. I was given a hit from behind penalty and ejected on the way out of the arena, and a parent came up to me and called me a f***in goon. To a 12 year old it was disgusting to hear.

That really sucks..badly!

Last year for peewee was Coach Dan..Best coach I have ever seen or had, we were amazing that year, won all tournaments, came 1 goal away from going all the way to nations(the team we lost to went that far)...tough loss.

Dan is at Ice House all the time. He's a good guy. Glad to hear he's a good coach, too. I don't know the other guy but that sounds gutless what he did to you. If a coach can't face the players, he is pretty worthless, IMO.

I loved playing for him, you have no idea how great of a coach he is, he doesn't scream at you that much but knows how to coach and is just all around great guy. I would play for him any day. Last year when I played for him in the playoffs, I fracted a part in my foot or brusied it extremely badly and couldn't walk but i skated for him, I blocked a lot of shots too and he couldn't tell I couldn't walk, well until after the game when we all went to eat and I was hoping on one foot.... May I ask when he is at the Ice House, is he scouting or what? He is a great scout too, brought 5 kids or something from other leagues that were really good players and another kid who never skated before and played inline, tought him how to play and everything, he is the fastest skater, fastest wrist shot, and hardest hitter. Now with this other coach, he isn't doing that good at all.

I work on Sundays and Dan is there every Sunday with his son to get him extra ice time during public sessions. Dan also gets his son 1-on-1 lessons with Peter Lamonica who is the best skating coach in the area. When Lamonica was a teen-ager he would play an entire game, no rest. The guy still has wheels. Dan sounds like the kind of coach that youth hockey needs: someone who knows how to encourage guys to want to play hockey.

I work on Sundays and Dan is there every Sunday with his son to get him extra ice time during public sessions. Dan also gets his son 1-on-1 lessons with Peter Lamonica who is the best skating coach in the area. When Lamonica was a teen-ager he would play an entire game, no rest. The guy still has wheels. Dan sounds like the kind of coach that youth hockey needs: someone who knows how to encourage guys to want to play hockey.

mhm...maybe I need to get some of those clinics with that guy.

I was reffing a squirt game on Friday and the one coach kept saying "Sugar" every time he got excited.

I was reffing a squirt game on Friday and the one coach kept saying "Sugar"  every time he got excited.

ahahha....what state is this? PA?

Yeah, the tournament is in Hershey but it was a Jersey team. I've done five games in the last two days and all but one was from NJ. The other one was from Maryland.

Dstar, I was there in rink 3 for my spring league practise, when you get this, any news on the AAA team, my organization this year is doing bantam minor/major, id be on the major team, hopfully it's the A minor/major..i am findout soon, if it's B minor/major, I am going to the Avalanche...for sure

You should have stopped by. I heard the old coach is gone. I saw Coach Hunter before the practice. He was looking for an ST.

Yeah Coach Dan is done. I didn't have enough time to stop in sorry, had to get home. He is a great hockey player and a pretty good coach on how long ive been with him, hes played in the OHL, or something high in canada when he was in his prime.

*EDIT*- i didn't tryout for the av's, if I did and I didn't make it, I couldnt go to the caps, and only wanted to play AAA for the avs.