Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

HELP! Called in last minute

a girl was sick, so I was called in as a backup defencemen for 4:30(and possibly a final game).. need YOUR HELP

1) i played last night was gonna relax today so had a chicken(mayo) sandwich w/fries

2) nerves

ok here's my questions.. what can I do to burn off what I ate (w/o getting sick myself) before 4:30 and how do I get rid of nerves?? we're playing a hard team today.. and I was thrown to the wolves! LOL

need advice fast! TIA!

not much you can do..one bad sandwich isn't going to ruin a game...if I'm neurotic before I play I'll do some cardio (bike/elliptical) for about 20 min just to get going...then stretch and bust out the smart hockey ball or something to keep the mind clear..sometimes no warning is the best..

not much you can do..one bad sandwich isn't going to ruin a game...if I'm neurotic before I play I'll do some cardio (bike/elliptical) for about 20 min just to get going...then stretch and bust out the smart hockey ball or something to keep the mind clear..sometimes no warning is the best..

my best game was when i got called up for the seniors, he called me1 hr before faceoff asking where i was, although i hadn't been told, he had put me on a line! (So i actually needed to be there rather than on the bench). Got there 5 minutes before faceoff... and it was one of the best games i have ever played!

I played through that game in adrenaline, so i guess if you could turn the nerves into that you would be ok.

Hope it went well, let us know how you got on

my best game was when i got called up for the seniors, he called me1 hr before faceoff asking where i was, although i hadn't been told, he had put me on a line! (So i actually needed to be there rather than on the bench). Got there 5 minutes before faceoff... and it was one of the best games i have ever played!

I played through that game in adrenaline, so i guess if you could turn the nerves into that you would be ok.

I tend to do that too-show up reallly lat and play alot better. Maybe its like you said its adrenaline or maybe not. Weather this is just me thinking weird or not I can tell you one thing. I dont tend to play well when Im there really early like an hour and we have to sit in the locker room.

I tend to show up like 20-5 minutes early every game.

Not trying to be vulgar, but for me, I'd just take a big dooker. It'll work out the pre-game jitters and you'll feel better after having downed that food. But I'm the kind of guy who also likes to play on an empty stomach.

sleep lots,

i would say eat lots of pasta but you already ate. Just relax and I'm one who usually downs a can of beaver buzz before games

just try not to think about the game as much

I tend to do that too-show up reallly lat and play alot better. Maybe its like you said its adrenaline or maybe not. Weather this is just me thinking weird or not I can tell you one thing. I dont tend to play well when Im there really early like an hour and we have to sit in the locker room.

I tend to show up like 20-5 minutes early every game.

I'm with you, I don't think I made warm-ups for about half my games this year. I love coming out after a whistle, whip my back-up on the bench and go right to the dot. you have to time it right so you only miss about a min of the game

haha im on first line so my coach would be pissed if i missed some onf the game.

As for the emptying of the bowels before, i agree, as i call it a pre game s**t, calms my nerves makes me feel a bit lighter on the toes, and gives me time to refect xD But seriously i tend not to have a routine for games but there are certain things i will do to get me prepared

What i do...... hmmm. I get there about an hour and half early, drink a lucozade then stick a fat lippy of chew in and relax listenin to my ipod and drink red bull. Then about 10 mins before warm up eat something random - eg an m&m brownie (although i have on occasion eaten the red bull can....... :ph34r: