Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

NHL 2005

you can tweak just about anything in the pc version. custom jerseys, more detailed equipment, real sticks & skates, real goal pads of individual players, player faces, mess with the graphic interface....it goes on and on. its all a matter of learning it all and being patient enough to take the time to do it right. if you want to learn, search for sites like thunderpuck, nhl depot, and pnhl. just start reading the message boards and learn. that's what i did.

Yup - I used to mod my NHL games as well. I had the entire arena pack for all the teams, with the correct ads and all. I added Jay's OPS mod last year, but grew so tired of the game after like a week. If Tiburon made the NHL game like the Madden series, it'd own.

yeah, jay got me started tweaking when he posted those ops. after that i redid everything i possibly could. it got so bad, i spent more time doing that then playing the actual game. someone is working on an AHL league pack that might be fun to mess with.

Um... how about the fact that everyone has the same face?

I think it looks like Naslund. Maybe it's a hint to who will be on the cover...

Their HQs are in Vancouver after all...

i thought 2004 wasnt that great. the shooting was worse than the 2003 one.It didnt seem as life like as the 2003 one did and it was always a really quick wind up. too many controlls :o

wouldnt it be kool if they broke sticks?

yeah i agree i liked it a little more than 2003, but i hate that they took away the break away cam where it slows it down that was the best thing about 2003, and they took it away for '04

yeah, jay got me started tweaking when he posted those ops. after that i redid everything i possibly could. it got so bad, i spent more time doing that then playing the actual game. someone is working on an AHL league pack that might be fun to mess with.

I had a lot of fun making those things but I was getting obsessed so I quit messing with it all together. Glad to see your having fun with it though. If you want my source .psd files for the sticks and stuff, I'll be glad to give them to you.

ya that would be kool jay.

.psd is a photoshop design file type. You need photoshop to open it.

I spend alot of time modding my PC games. I've done everything from sports games to the GTA series and NFS:U. It takes a little bit of time, but if you do it right, it looks awesome.

Most of the games i have, i spend more time modding them, then i do playing them...

his skate his half missing, and in the last one the vector is upside down.... are all the vectors upside down?

This has happened before in other games. They just reverse the mapping of the graphics so it doesn't have to get loaded twice I guess. I don't know exactly what the reasoning is, but it's been like that in other games.

The easton stick is upside down as well.

The upside down sticks are a result of the way the mapping is done on the actual 3D models. The maps have two sides but a stick has four so on two of the four sides the map will be oriented in reverse. In other words the stick will look correct when the player is facing one way and backwards another. They do this because it saves on file sizes for the images. It would probably be possible to mod the game so it mapped all four sides but I don't have time these days to play with that stuff.

Doh! I replied without reading the entire thread. :rolleyes:

I believe it's been verified that Naslund will be on the cover.

The easton stick is upside down as well.

The upside down sticks are a result of the way the mapping is done on the actual 3D models. The maps have two sides but a stick has four so on two of the four sides the map will be oriented in reverse. In other words the stick will look correct when the player is facing one way and backwards another. They do this because it saves on file sizes for the images. It would probably be possible to mod the game so it mapped all four sides but I don't have time these days to play with that stuff.

Doh! I replied without reading the entire thread. :rolleyes:

I believe it's been verified that Naslund will be on the cover.

naslund? no way i think st.louis or iginla deserve it over naslund

Um...Iginla had it two years ago. And St. Louis isn't a superstar.

He sure is;

1. Carried Tampa Bay.

2. Was the Catamount leading scorer.

3. First Collegian to Win NHL Scoring Title

4. Will be a superstar if the Lightning win the Cup IMO.

5. Plus He has a city named after him.

6. He's French. :lol:

7. Good things do come in small packages.

He didn't carry Tampa Bay, he shared the load along with Richards, Stillman and Lecalvier(sp?). Nobody cares about Catamount. Ditto for number 3. Key word on the 4th thing is "IMO". City isn't named after him, and I hope you aren't serious. The sixth point only hurts your arguement, and for your sake, I hope you didn't hear your 7th point from your girlfriend. St Louis is overhyped, hes like the Crosby of the NHL. I can't wait until he hits the bottle or something, and people will calm this hype down big time.

I read somewhere on some board (don't remember where) that Naslund will be on the cover. Not sure how accurate that info is though, maybe it was just a rumor as well.

But yeah, the sticks are kinda ugly, the Vectors look weird in a way, the CCM part looks too.. I don't know.. it just looks weird. But it's cool that they finally put Easton in there and not just a generic Synergy-lookalike with EA's name on it, I just hope they will include more stick models than last year (more than 6 that is). But Easton Octane??? That's kinda funny! Although my pants are called that too, but I'm not in the NHL anyway. :lol:

He didn't carry Tampa Bay, he shared the load along with Richards, Stillman and Lecalvier(sp?). Nobody cares about Catamount. Ditto for number 3. Key word on the 4th thing is "IMO". City isn't named after him, and I hope you aren't serious. The sixth point only hurts your arguement, and for your sake, I hope you didn't hear your 7th point from your girlfriend. St Louis is overhyped, hes like the Crosby of the NHL. I can't wait until he hits the bottle or something, and people will calm this hype down big time.

I beg to differ. "Saint loo-EE" as the French-Canadians say, did carry Tampa Bay through the regular season and won the scoring title. His play has also been a huge part in the post season, i.e the islanders series and now against the Flyers. "Nobody cares about the catamounts"? While in collge he led his team to the to their only Frozen Four in 1996. I know that a city is not named after him but the St.Louis Blues are, another J/K. Lastly, Hockey Hall-of-Famer and Bruins pro scout Gerry Cheevers made my 7th point about St. Louis to be exact. This sounds like a superstar to me. Plus why was Heatley on the 2004 cover in the first place? For scoring 4 goals in an all-star game?

Plus why was Heatley on the 2004 cover in the first place? For scoring 4 goals in an all-star game?

exactly, that was his 2nd season and he was on a video game cover. BUT the same was for Madden 2004 with Vick. Personally St.louis IMO is better than Heatley. Heatley will never be the same since his tagic accident. no one really ever is.

He didn't carry Tampa Bay, he shared the load along with Richards, Stillman and Lecalvier(sp?).  Nobody cares about Catamount.  Ditto for number 3.  Key word on the 4th thing is "IMO".  City isn't named after him, and I hope you aren't serious.  The sixth point only hurts your arguement, and for your sake, I hope you didn't hear your 7th point from your girlfriend.  St Louis is overhyped, hes like the Crosby of the NHL.  I can't wait until he hits the bottle or something, and people will calm this hype down big time.

I beg to differ. "Saint loo-EE" as the French-Canadians say, did carry Tampa Bay through the regular season and won the scoring title. His play has also been a huge part in the post season, i.e the islanders series and now against the Flyers. "Nobody cares about the catamounts"? While in collge he led his team to the to their only Frozen Four in 1996. I know that a city is not named after him but the St.Louis Blues are, another J/K. Lastly, Hockey Hall-of-Famer and Bruins pro scout Gerry Cheevers made my 7th point about St. Louis to be exact. This sounds like a superstar to me. Plus why was Heatley on the 2004 cover in the first place? For scoring 4 goals in an all-star game?

Because Heatley was considered a rising young star. If you look at Madden 2004 they had Vick - another rising young star.

And as far as carrying TB...obviously you haven't seen enough Lightning games. Carrying a team is what Iginla did a couple of years ago when he won the Art Ross. St. Louis has help.

And lastly - just a little tie-in, since this is an equipment message board...if he were that big a superstar, I'm sure a company would've thrown him some money to get rid of those old Kohos by now... :)

A rising star, but notice the "young" part when I described Heatley.

Good point because St. Louis was not drafted and did bounce around in the IHL and AHL before making his debut.