Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

NHL 2005

Heatley had 89 points his sophmore season, which was good for 6th or 7th at the time. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Ask yourself this question honestly: If St. Louis was 6'0", would people still like him? Probably not. If people are liking someone based largely upon their size, why shouldn't Chara be on the cover? He played just aswell this season IMO as St Louis did.

Ask yourself this question honestly: If St. Louis was 6'0", would people still like him? Probably not. If people are liking someone based largely upon their size, why shouldn't Chara be on the cover? He played just aswell this season IMO as St Louis did.

This is probably why he won't make it to the final retail version. :lol:

http://www.cyber-nhl.net/forums/index.php?...=post&id=442988

why luongo? has he ever had a winnig season? even if everybody says he has no help, he should be able to lead his team. i cant recall, was kovalchuk on the cover of any games? if not, he is a good candidate

Umm anyone else notice that EA's Sim Run of the conference finals had SJ and Philly winning with Philly beating SJ in 5 in the cup finals?

Just to add to this Marty/Heater talk, I like both players a lot, both players have a lot of potential but as JR said, Heater is younger. He should be a force next season while Marty will have guys creating havoc on him all season.

However the little guy is my favorite NHL player, mostly because Im a little guy too though.

How about Nash? He'd make a good cover boy. Not to much overexposure, talented kid.. I'd personally put Iginla on there, but he's already had his cover ;)

Datsyuk wouldn't be bad either..

Guest Ovech_8

Im the exact opposite. I only buy Ea games and in my Opinion they are by far the besst for gameplay,graphics and everything else. Still could use improvements though.

I found some screenshots of EA's new NHL 2005, but there are some funny details in them if you look closely... :lol:

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/n/nhl2005/bild01.jpg

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/n/nhl2005/bild02.jpg

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/n/nhl2005/bild03.jpg

See if you can find them all! :P

It sounds like a nice game though once it's finished, with some nice improvements compared to NHL 2004. And as for the screenshots, I'm sure this is just an early stage of the game development so those little funny things will probably not be in the finished product.

NHL 2005 preview article

How come Cane fans are attending a Wings vs Avs match in such numbers? :lol:

It's the only time they get to see good hockey with a lot of talent on the ice?

Who all has suffered from the EA curse? Obviously Heatley, Iginla's production dropped off significantly as did Owen's if I'm not mistaken. Lemieux didn't play the next year. Isn't there a couple of similar instances with the football game too?

How many of you that own the game play on the camera mode: Ice? I always play in Ice camera since I can see where everybody is at. The Naslaund Video is set in Action Camera mode which means its a close up view of the game however you only get to see 1 or 2 guys and the rest of your team or their team is a complete mystery. Graphics dont really matter anymore since the only thing you can see in Ice camera mode is helmet, stick and the numbers on a player.

Great wallpaper on the EA site btw and I really liked that play where Naslaund speeds up the right wing then some Canuks player comes charging in and nails the defencemen giving Nazzy a clear path to the net in which he holds the wind up and still some how moves the puck across the crease while the detriot goalie is down on the butterfly and Nazzy nails a slappshot from within the crease.... totally unrealistic first of all the Canuk player drilling the defencemen is interfernce, charging and roughing all at the same time and second of all Nasland has a full slap shot wind up and still some how crosses the crease while holding the wind up in postion and then finally slapping one in, if that happend in the real NHL the goalie would have easily poked away the puck and if the goalie fialed to strike on the poke check Nazzy would have chopped the goalies blocker side arm off with that follow throgh.

Needs some work but its still early and they should ditch the current commentators and switch to the Buffalo guy.

Who all has suffered from the EA curse? Obviously Heatley, Iginla's production dropped off significantly as did Owen's if I'm not mistaken. Lemieux didn't play the next year. Isn't there a couple of similar instances with the football game too?

Forsberg hurt his shoulder really badly during his cover season (though what's new).

Lindros was injured (missed ~30 games) and was then traded to the rangers during his cover season.

Pronger was injured (missed 31 games).

I really hope nothing happens to Naslund he's one of my favorite players.

u think it would make the game better and more real if they broke a stick once in a while. i mean as a random event. itd be sooo cool

I see how that would add to the realism but imagine if you were in that postion where you needed to tie the game up and you take a big slapper and your OPS breaks like a twig what would you do: A. Feel proud of the members at EA by adding greater realism by having random sticks snap in key moments B. Freak out and ask why me why now.

Its just too hard to predict when a stick should snap, usally the ones that break get slashed a lot at the taper and you dont even get to slash a guy in 04 all you can do is nail him or stick check.

Dynasty mode needs a serious does of reality, the salary demands from players are just outragious and you should be able to hand out contract extensions and negotiate bonuses and that retirment thing.......... I dropped Cory Cross onto the free agent pool and then a month later he gets a contract plays for a year then next season he disapears......... WTF that guy is 20-25 years old like seriously.

Dynasty mode could be real good, but its too hard to do well. Every time I've played I've tried to keep vets and get good young talent, plus draft well. Sometimes I do real well, other times I suck. The worst thing about it is that upgrades take forever, and are so vital to doing well. They should either make them much easier to come by, or just not include them at all.

Another thing that bothers me is that whenever a puck is shot and someone is close to being in the way, even if they are a couple of feet to the side, the puck is always stopped. No deflections and no screens, it sucks. But, I do realize how hard this must be to program.