Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

NHL 2005

They just aren't giving away product placement in the game. The pic is photoshopped.

Another thing I disliked about 04 was when you created a team, the logos on the jerseys sucked and all the jersey colors were from the NHL. They need to get more jersey colors.

Who all has suffered from the EA curse?

In Football...

Mike Vick broke his leg...Marshall Faulk has been injured/inconsistant since he was on the cover, can't recall the rest, or the NBA for that matter.

I feel sorry for the kids that get put on the cover of NCAA Football...they may never have careers if the "curse" hits them.

And the kids still don't get paid for use of their image, that would violate NCAA rules.

Yup, they put a superstar from the previous NCAA season.

First guy was Eddie George...injured all year then destroyed by Ray Lewis

Daunte took over the next year and gets a knee injury...

Then Faulk, then Vick...

2005 is gonna be Ray-Ray...who ironically started the whole thing!

The guys on the NCAA covers are players who just left college. Palmer was on the football and 'Melo was on the b-ball.

Oops, we just had posts too close together.

I'm wondering how much EA would/will pay to get Lebron on the cover.

The guys on the NCAA covers are players who just left college. Palmer was on the football and 'Melo was on the b-ball.

Don't forget Harrington.

Where do you go to create a player, I have been searching around the game and haven't found anthing on it. Do they even have it this year?

EA did not have enough time to put it in correctly this year. They wanted to use the EA DNA create player feature like in Madden and Tiger but didn't want to rush and make it crappy so as to misrepresent the EA DNA.

Basically, you create your guy, and you have to bring him up through the ranks to get to the pro level. For NHL it probably would have started in Major Junior and went through the AHL, then to the show.

EA did not have enough time to put it in correctly this year. They wanted to use the EA DNA create player feature like in Madden and Tiger but didn't want to rush and make it crappy so as to misrepresent the EA DNA.

So there is no create-a-player feature in 2005?

Anyone know how to change to Line4 during the playoffs in franchise mode cuz the line change buttom for line 4 is now the Hero Line. It doesnt let you play the 4th line for the whole playoffs. And by the way watever trophies you win at the end, during the next season they present it to you before the games and if you win the cup they raise the banner.

EA DNA is just the name that EA uses for their advanced create a player feature. It has actually won a few awards.

The comment about EA not feeling pressured to put it in because 2k5 didn't is not true. As I said before, EA did not want to make a shitty create-a-player in the time that they had. It will definately be in for 2006.

Line4 is scratched when you're in the playoffs. Your hero line has the 'star' ratings throughout the entire game in the playoffs so one of the line's had to be scratched in order for the 4-directional button line change scheme to work.

So making your Hero line your 4th line with be an option. I generally have most of my Hero line together anyways throughout the game, but of course, everyone has their own strategies.

Yeah, that's a shitty deal to have that happen. Unless I was the Canucks I can't remember a time I had my Hero line all together. Kudos again...