Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

Hat Trick variations

This is from the caps message boards, some funny ones I thought

Natural hat trick - mentioned as either three goals in succession by the same player in one game or three goals by the same player in one period

Hat Trick -- three goals by the same player in one game (not necessarily in succession or in the same period)

Gordie Howe Hat Trick -- a goal, an assist, and a fight in the same game

Sidney Crosby Hat Trick -- a goal, an assist, and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the same game

Ron Hextall Hat Trick -- a shutout, a goal, and a fight by a goalie in the same game

Jaromir Jagr Hat Trick -- a goal, and assist, and a groin injury in the same game

Gary Bettman Hat Trick -- a lockout, a shootout, and a TV blackout all in the same year.

Todd Bertuzzi Hat Trick -- A goal, an assist, and an assault charge

Bobby Clarke Hat Trick -- three of anything, as long as none of them are a goalie

Alexander Ovechkin Hat Trick -- rookie of the month, player of the month, Calder Trophy.

Jeremy Roenick Hat Trick -- Three 8x10 glossies of himself

Eric Lindros Hat Trick. . . a goal, an assist, and . . . what was the question?

Brendan Witt Hat Trick - a hook, a hold and a hi-stick in the same game

Keith Tkachuk hat trick - 30 pounds in an off-season

General Manager George McPhee hat trick-10million dollar contract pickup, big name signings, fire sale all in one year

few more

Martin St. Louis (frodo) hat trick - one goal, one assist, and one ring to rule them all

Goaltender's Friend hat trick - hitting both posts and the crossbar

Bobby Orr hat trick - Three knee operations in one year.

Dale Hunter Hat Trick-Match Penalty, Misconduct, Game Misconduct all after the opposing team scores the game winning goal

Olaf Kolzig Hat trick - Softie 5-hole in the first period, Fluke bounce goal off Muir's stick in the second, Rebound shot tapped in wide open net in the third.

General Manager George McPhee hat trick - a 5th rounder, a conditional pick, and 6th rounder for an established veteran.

this should be a sticky!

Dipietro Hat trick - scored on stick side, scored on glove side, and one through the 5-hole.

What about a natural hat trick in the same shift?

Last season in the Swedish Inlinehockey league, I did just that. B)

Technically, when the play stops after you scored, when play resumes its a new shift. May be the same lines but a differernt shift.

I think

Dad's hat trick- get the kids to bed early, feed mom some wine, get the groove on. :P

Why spend money on the wine?.... ;)

This is probably the most elusive of them all!

:lol:

The Jeff Irwin Hattrick (Guy a play with who coined this 'trick)

Score A Goal...Eat A Steak...Have Sex in the same day.

Can be downgraded to...

Play Hockey (no goal)...Steak...Action (of any kind) in the same day

...if the other 3 are too hard to achieve.

Dad's hat trick- get the kids to bed early, feed mom some wine, get the groove on. :P

Why spend money on the wine?.... ;)

If you only knew.................... :P

Darcy Tucker Hatrick - Dirty hit, dive, turtle

Darcy Tucker? Don't you mean Sean Avery?

Darcy Tucker Hatrick - Dirty hit, dive, turtle

Darcy Tucker? Don't you mean Sean Avery?

A sean avery hattrick would be - Dive, Cry, Turtle

Sean Avery western roadtrip hattrick- Racial slur, get rocked by Phaneuf, cry/turtle/whatever.

ModSquadHockey Hatrick:

1. Be nice to a newbie

2. Do a search on behalf of a newbie.

3. Get pissed off at a newbie.

haha this are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LOL you remind me of my best trash-talk for when I take a face-off. "All your base are belong to us!" Usually the other centre is so stupified/laughing so hard that I win the faceoff.

Alexi Kovalev Hattrick - An elbowing major, a game misconduct, and a fighting major in one drive to the net. And more respect than anyone in the league!!! Go Kovalev! Even Tucker (great guy BTW) said: "It's the game of hockey, he's playing hard for his team, I'm playing hard for my team, and things like that are going to happen." What a great rivalry.

Stu Grimson Hattrick - Fight, look stupid while skating and holding a stick to keep balance, fight