Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

lace tightness

I always get a hard time at the rink cause no-one can skate in my skates the way i tie them. I just lace them up with hardly a tug at all and go . Dont pull or make it tight. Its extremely loose. But thats how I like it.

ANyone else?

tight on bottom, then sorta loose on top and tape 3 loops where the boot cuts off, works for me cause during warmups the tape loosens up but i have still the ankle support

Fairly loose on the top area of the foot, tightened fairly well around the mid/ankle area, and the last 3 eyelets are as tight as i can make them. My mission proto-Vs are pretty soft after 8 years of use :D

Fairly loose on the top are of the foot, tightened fairly well around the mid/ankle area, and the last 3 eyelets are as tight as i can make them. My mission proto-Vs are pretty soft after 8 years of use :D

wow 8 yrs!

I have them loose i just get rid of all the slack in the lace when i do them up.

I dont actually have to untie my skates to take them off but i do anyway because i cant put them on again otherwise

I giver when i tie my skates, make them as tight as I can, its just how I have always had them since I was small when my dad tied up my skates he made them as tight as possible, often causing pain in the foot

I seem to remember this exact question being asked not too long ago. I'll give the same answer as before:

If I can feel my foot, it's not tight enough.

wow 8 yrs!

Yeah, I love these skates. They fit like a glove, which sucks because they're slowly falling apart and ill have to replace them in a year or two. The most recent damage has been the tendon guards, which are about to rip off.

At least when I switch to some of the newer missions they'll feel a ton lighter. I wish mission had some kind of "classic" model based on the old proto-V or Mod4s.

This may sound unapropriate and I will probably edit in the morning...so if you are offended i will edit I promise...I like my skates like I like my women....use your imagination.

as tight as possible,i dont like my foot to move without my skate moving, i also think i get better control from it, and for some reason i feel like i can skate faster

This may sound unapropriate and I will probably edit in the morning...so if you are offended i will edit I promise...I like my skates like I like my women....use your imagination.

What's inappropriate about wanting your skates super-tight!? :lol:

I like them slightly snug on the bottom, somewhat loose in the middle, then tight at the top. Too tight in the middle and bottom makes my feet hurt.

med in the front, loose in the middle and super tight up top.. i also use these velcro straps on my skates to make them fit better.

bottom two tight, no slack in middle, heel lock one on both sides tighter, top eyelet empty. Basically just tight enough to hold my heel in place. Ice skates get tied the same way, otherwise I can't get enough outside edge. No tape, straps, or lace wrap around, doesn't give enough ankle movement.

I like them slightly snug on the bottom, somewhat loose in the middle, then tight at the top. Too tight in the middle and bottom makes my feet hurt.

same for me ... i have the mission 5500's and even though i have them in EE they are still narrow for me..... too much tension in the mid/low section really hurt my feet

Fairly loose on the top area of the foot, tightened fairly well around the mid/ankle area, and the last 3 eyelets are as tight as i can make them. My mission proto-Vs are pretty soft after 8 years of use  :D

Wow someone else rocking the old Proto-V's!

I just switched though to an old converted ice boot since I wanted to try out the rocker chassis.

I used to lace every other eyelet on the bottom of the skate then about halfway up I went through every eyelet tight, then went down to the heel lock and tied it off there.

I always try to tighten as tight as possible but I get pain at the bottom of my feet, like the "palms". I think this is caused by cramps? how can I prevent it?

tight bottom, little leeway (just a tad in the middle on the left, a little more loose on the right skate) in the middle, tight uppers....my foot (specifically my right) is a tad wider in the middle area so i need just a tad more room so i cant crank on the laces there otherwise it kills my feet...so basically i like from top to bottom as tight as i can get it without killing my feet

wow 8 yrs!

Yeah, I love these skates. They fit like a glove, which sucks because they're slowly falling apart and ill have to replace them in a year or two. The most recent damage has been the tendon guards, which are about to rip off.

At least when I switch to some of the newer missions they'll feel a ton lighter. I wish mission had some kind of "classic" model based on the old proto-V or Mod4s.

I still use an old pair of Mission VSI Vibes from about 5 years ago. They're by far the most comfortable boot I've ever had my foot in. I'm afraid to switch, I don't want to have to break in another pair. I lace them tight at the bottom and fairly tight at the top. I like to have a little bit of movement above my ankles.

What's inappropriate about wanting your skates super-tight!? :lol:

Small shmecks eh ? :lol:

Sorry had to. :lol: