Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laandrew1

good glove

I have been playing hockey for some years now and i got the vapor catch glove and i love it. but my friend wants to buy it and i was hopeing for some good sugestions

Guys, I'm a D-man all the way in Asia and am unfortunately not yet in the company of exceptional goaltenders (both skill and knowledge). Forgive the ignorant goalie equipment question, but do you guys mix and match pads similar to players i.e. leg pads are brand ab, blocker brand xy, catcher brand yz. I would think it'd be all based on personal preference and feel, but would like to get first hand knowledge from all of you.

Thanks!

~Roach

Guys, I'm a D-man all the way in Asia and am unfortunately not yet in the company of exceptional goaltenders (both skill and knowledge). Forgive the ignorant goalie equipment question, but do you guys mix and match pads similar to players i.e. leg pads are brand ab, blocker brand xy, catcher brand yz. I would think it'd be all based on personal preference and feel, but would like to get first hand knowledge from all of you.

Thanks!

~Roach

yeah, some higher end goalies(if they have the money) will have a full set of matching gear(leg pads, blocker, catcher) but will be custom so that they fit their needs. Many times the chest and arm protector, jock and helmet will be made from different brands... Many lower level goalies(adult leagues) will go for comfort/price and availability, so often you'll see mismatched gloves and maybe the pads that don't match either(or maybe one) of the gloves.

On the flip side of both of those there is the pro goalie that wears a full set from a certain company but can't get comfortable with the catcher(or whatever) and will use another catcher(example: Sean Burke*).

*Burke wears Brian's leg pads and blocker but uses an Eagle catcher.

Way cool! Thanks for the info, TBLfan! Last question if I may - what do you wear?

Helmet

Throat guard (?)

Chest & Arm protector

Blocker

Catcher

Jock

Pants

Knee pads

Leg pads

Skates

Stick

this has nothing to do with the last reply but saturday i went to peronis and got to try some equiptment. and i still have not found a glove that i like that much. out of the ones i tried it would bethe best one are

1. Brians dx2 glove

2. bauer vapor

3. bauer supreme

4 tps x lite

5. itech prodigy 9.8 (new one)

but i still dident get to try alot of the new and old gloves but all the new ones seem to make your hand close like an idiot

i did try the vector prodigy and summit

1 vector

2 prodigy

3 summit

these were all great some how

how olds the glove?

The Glove is only 1 season old no real wear on great condition

And i put a puck stoper thing on the top so the puck cant bounce over

Is that legal?