Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cassius

Hockey shops in Niagra?

I'm heading to Niagra Falls this weekend and I was thinking about picking up a pair of skates while i'm there. Are there any good shops you guys could recommend?

Cupolo's is good, a bit small though. They carried a lot of Inno's they may have some left. Great Skate is in amherst which is about 20 minutes from the falls. Thats a good shop but prices are so-so. The Pepsi center in Amherst also has a good shop, again they carried Inno and may have some left. Take a trip an hour and a half east and visit my shop ;) .

They had some "interesting" stuff there the last time I was in the shop

I've only been there once. Seemed to have a decent selection of gear...mind you that was before I knew about MSH...and knew what "decent" was *L*

Take a trip an hour and a half east and visit my shop ;) .

...you can swing by my house for a bite to eat or something while you're on your way out there.

I usually head up that way at least once a year and hit up all those place, Pepsi Center, Great Skate, and Cupolo's. Pepsi Center carried a lot of Inno stuff and usually was good for about a dozen or so pro returns varying of easton and Inno. Great Skate is what it is. Cupolo's the last time i was there had a bunch of pro stock/return CCM skates and pro return sticks. Worth checking out if you are close to the falls though.

Cupolo's was the ish about 16-17 years ago...crazy cheap mail order prices..we'd go up there and spend the weekend in Niagara, be able to drink over the border etc for the $ we saved (ie. Daoust 301's for $89, 6 pack of Vic 4050 sticks for $69) unfortunately if you mail ordered..sometimes you'd get 3 of the same thing (charged 1x) or not see it at all for months..they actually had to drive a pair of goal pads to a teammate 2 days before he was to leave for camp!! 6 hours each way..

Cupolo's was the ish about 16-17 years ago...crazy cheap mail order prices..we'd go up there and spend the weekend in Niagara, be able to drink over the border etc for the $ we saved (ie. Daoust 301's for $89, 6 pack of Vic 4050 sticks for $69) unfortunately if you mail ordered..sometimes you'd get 3 of the same thing (charged 1x) or not see it at all for months..they actually had to drive a pair of goal pads to a teammate 2 days before he was to leave for camp!! 6 hours each way..

I got a pair of skates from them once. They never mentioned the fact that they were C width and didn't return my money until I had a conversation with the credit card company. When we went up for the tournament a couple years ago, we stayed at the super 8 a block away.

Take a trip an hour and a half east and visit my shop ;) .

...you can swing by my house for a bite to eat or something while you're on your way out there.

I'll hook you up with the best damn trash plate you'll ever have!

holy crap... didn't realize all you guys were so close to western NY... Great skate isn't all that great, theres alot of young kids working there who dont really know what they are talking about, so dont ask them anything technical... Pepsi center's pro shop seems ok, they are getting in the full line of mission and Itech stuff supposedly within a week, Im going up there tommorrow for a skate and shoot, so i'll check it out. All of the reps i've talked to there seem to actually know whats up, and its the only place around here where you can get a decent sharpening.

I usually visit Cupolos every time I visit Toronto. Was there Xmas 2004 & they had a good selection but when I went in February this year the selection was pretty poor. Great service though & very freindly staff who are willing to come & go a bit on price.

Another place I visited was just down the road in Fort Erie. I think it was Reid Sports. They often advertise in The Hockey News.

holy crap... didn't realize all you guys were so close to western NY... Great skate isn't all that great, theres alot of young kids working there who dont really know what they are talking about, so dont ask them anything technical... Pepsi center's pro shop seems ok, they are getting in the full line of mission and Itech stuff supposedly within a week, Im going up there tommorrow for a skate and shoot, so i'll check it out. All of the reps i've talked to there seem to actually know whats up, and its the only place around here where you can get a decent sharpening.

If you're ever in Rochester hit up my shop, I'll give you a free sharpening, for a Pro-shop in a rink mines pretty decent.

If you're ever in Rochester hit up my shop, I'll give you a free sharpening, for a Pro-shop in a rink mines pretty decent.

Where are you at in Rochester?

I go to RIT and I wanna check out some shops.

Where are you at in Rochester?

I go to RIT and I wanna check out some shops.

I'm in Fairport. Your on Jefferson Rd. Take 590 north to 490 east, get off at 441, pass the Wegmans and McDonalds. Turn at the light after McDonalds. Take that to 31 take a left before the village of fairport and travel down 31 for about 1.5 miles and take a right to Lyndon Rd. It's Thomas Creek Ice Arena. 80 Lyndon Rd. If you stop by on weekends or on tuesdays I'm always there. PM me for any more info you want to know.

Man we played at this rink in Roch. last fall, freaking horrible. Half the boards had glass, the other side by the benches was cement block walls with pads on them. They didn't have keys to the only two locker rooms in the place, so when one of our players locked the locker room, we had to stand infront of the bleachers with all these drunk frat guys from the other school trying to fight us while some rink guy tried to get into our room. Place looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Sometimes its amazing how bad some of these rinks get that people send their little kids to play in.

ps: i hope it wasn't the rink you work at...hehe

Man we played at this rink in Roch. last fall, freaking horrible. Half the boards had glass, the other side by the benches was cement block walls with pads on them. They didn't have keys to the only two locker rooms in the place, so when one of our players locked the locker room, we had to stand infront of the bleachers with all these drunk frat guys from the other school trying to fight us while some rink guy tried to get into our room. Place looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Sometimes its amazing how bad some of these rinks get that people send their little kids to play in.

You're talking about S.I.R. Worst rink I think I have ever and will ever play at.

Man we played at this rink in Roch. last fall, freaking horrible. Half the boards had glass, the other side by the benches was cement block walls with pads on them. They didn't have keys to the only two locker rooms in the place, so when one of our players locked the locker room, we had to stand infront of the bleachers with all these drunk frat guys from the other school trying to fight us while some rink guy tried to get into our room. Place looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years.  Sometimes its amazing how bad some of these rinks get that people send their little kids to play in.

You're talking about S.I.R. Worst rink I think I have ever and will ever play at.

Yeah thats Skating Institute of Rochester. Horrible rink. Mine is Thomas Creek in Fairport by the Erie Canal. It's got two rinks, a bar, a snack bar and of course the best part..the pro shop :D . If anyone is ever around there gimmie a visit I'd love to meet a couple of you.

If anyone is ever around there gimmie a visit I'd love to meet a couple of you.

...I'll have to shoot you a PM next time I'm out that way.

Sort of off topic.. but.. I'm moving to Buffalo next month, and I'm trying to find a decent rink to play/skate at. Something that isn't a dump and where they've got a good league setup.

Any recommendations?

How old are you? and do you know what town your moving to?

As far as senior leagues go, pepsi center or the Holiday/ leisure rinks are about your only real choices. Pepsi center is alot nicer then holiday/leisure, but it costs a bit more to play there as well.

If your still young enough to play travel, there area ton of opportunities in the area, as well as house leagues. Theres definatly alot of rinks in the area.

I'm 37. Moving from Phoenix to either Amhearst, Williamsville or Tonowanda. I'm not sure because I'm still trying to find a house.

I've been playing in the intermediate leagues out here for the past seven years.

Last time I played before that was in High School... a long time ago.

I'm looking for a league that's kind of laid back and not ultra competitive.

Thanks for the heads up.