Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
mattopiela

another one 90 question about sizing...

Um...there's a little more to it than that. There are four areas of the foot that have to be measured with a tape.

Okay, you're in MD. Go to For Sports in Laurel. They are a First Line Dealer.

But here's the thing. They won't make you the skate right now. So, I suggest you wait until the skate comes out, try it on, then go from there.

1) No,C width toe box room is not narrower than previous Bauer skates.

2) 8090D-Vapor XXX EE toe box room, compared to ONE90, well for starters both widths mentioned in 1st 2 models do not use the same toe cap size. So....

3) Q/Shorter toe box length like we did with Flexlight. A/?????

So if I was wearing a 7.0D flexlite, what size One90 would I fit into mst likely?

1) No,C width toe box room is not narrower than previous Bauer skates.

2) 8090D-Vapor XXX EE toe box room, compared to ONE90, well for starters both widths mentioned in 1st 2 models do not use the same toe cap size. So....

3) Q/Shorter toe box length like we did with Flexlight. A/?????

So if I was wearing a 7.0D flexlite, what size One90 would I fit into mst likely?

youd still be a size 7d maybe C

But...they won't be able to get you the skate anyway. So I suggest you wait a couple of months.

If they could just fit me but couldn't preorder it that would be fine. At least I'd have a better idea of what size I need and could pre order from someone else.

Now, why are you going to do that? Don't you think that's a little bit unethical? Using someone local to measure then buying online? And every store is getting their skates at the same time anyway...I believe you've wasted my time finding you a store.

how is the sizing of the one90? i am currently in the old vapor 10s size 8.5EE and will be needing a new pair soon, would i be in the same size in the one90? sorry if this has been asked before

Now, why are you going to do that? Don't you think that's a little bit unethical? Using someone local to measure then buying online? And every store is getting their skates at the same time anyway...I believe you've wasted my time finding you a store.

I don't feel thats unethical at all. If they can't promise me a pair when they come in, why should I wait for them to get them in? I'd be more than willing to pre order from them. But what I don't want to happen is for them to for some reason tell me they are sold out or the skate's are on back order or something like that by the time I go back up to their store.

Plus I find internet prices tend to be lower than store prices anyway, so if there was a pretty positive way to find my proper size I wouldn't even bother them. But if they can pre order me a pair I'd be more than willing to put my credit card on the table and wait till they get them in June and go pick them up.

I appreciate all the info you have given me and by no means do I want you to feel as if you'e wasted your time with me. I will go up there and see what they say and again keep you posted.

If you have them fit you and you go somewhere else, then it is.

If you go in there and ask them if they can reserve you a pair and they say no, yet you allow them to fit you, then it is.

If you buy it from the Internet, who's gonna sharpen and bake them? It'll cost you more, and you won't be saving any.

Guest Muck
Now, why are you going to do that?  Don't you think that's a little bit unethical?  Using someone local to measure then buying online?  And every store is getting their skates at the same time anyway...I believe you've wasted my time finding you a store.

I don't feel thats unethical at all. If they can't promise me a pair when they come in, why should I wait for them to get them in? I'd be more than willing to pre order from them. But what I don't want to happen is for them to for some reason tell me they are sold out or the skate's are on back order or something like that by the time I go back up to their store.

Plus I find internet prices tend to be lower than store prices anyway, so if there was a pretty positive way to find my proper size I wouldn't even bother them. But if they can pre order me a pair I'd be more than willing to put my credit card on the table and wait till they get them in June and go pick them up.

I appreciate all the info you have given me and by no means do I want you to feel as if you'e wasted your time with me. I will go up there and see what they say and again keep you posted.

Karma will find you, Earl Hickey. :angry:

If you go in there and ask them if they can reserve you a pair and they say no, yet you allow them to fit you, then it is.

If you buy it from the Internet, who's gonna sharpen and bake them? It'll cost you more, and you won't be saving any.

And we're talking about a skate that has to be baked.

So what would you suggest I do in the event that they don't have my size when I get a chance to go there? That will put me in the same unethical situation of having them fit me and buying from somewhere else if I can find my size.

Basically all I want to do is make sure I have a pair reserved that fit when they come in. I really don't think there is anything wrong with that. Especially since I'm willing to buy from them. I'm not going in there with my only purpose being to get fitted so I can buy of the internet. That would be unethical.

First off, as I have stated, nobody will get the skate until June, so why are you worried about it now? Regardless if you pre-order or wait, you're going to get them in June anyway.

Now...have you ever thought about that maybe the skate won't even fit you right? So, that is why you should wait until the store has it, then go in and try them on. Anything that you do right now isn't really helping.

If you buy it from the Internet, who's gonna sharpen and bake them?  It'll cost you more, and you won't be saving any.

And we're talking about a skate that has to be baked.

If they have to bake them thats fine, were're talking about 30 bucks maybe. The money is not the object. Having a pair when they come in is. Again, I don't see the harm in that.

There are alot of benifits of buying them from the LHS. I'm sure my price will include free baking and a few sharpenings. And I'm perfectly willing to give them the money. Can they promise me the skate? I know nothing is guranteed, but if they say wait till they come in and take your chances thats just not good customer service to me. I'm willing to pay $500.00 plus now for a skate they don't have yet they should be able to hold a pair for me unless terms of their deal with NBH prohibit them from doing so.

First off, as I have stated, nobody will get the skate until June, so why are you worried about it now? Regardless if you pre-order or wait, you're going to get them in June anyway.

Now...have you ever thought about that maybe the skate won't even fit you right? So, that is why you should wait until the store has it, then go in and try them on. Anything that you do right now isn't really helping.

I know I won't be able to go the day they come out. When I do go they may not have my size to try on. People are pre ordering these skates, so if this store sales out of my size, and I can't find a pair on the net, then I'll kinda be stuck without a pair. or having to wait longer.

Why the rush to have them the minute they come in?

I beleive JR said it best, "I feel like a kid on XMas...I don't work today and I'm in my pjs awaiting the FedEx truck..."

Why can't we all share this feeling?

You'll still have that feeling no matter what day they show up. Unless of course you actually go in and get fitted properly at your local shop, then you don't have to wait. Guessing at your skate size is moronic, eespecially when you're talking about $500+.

You'll still have that feeling no matter what day they show up. Unless of course you actually go in and get fitted properly at your local shop, then you don't have to wait. Guessing at your skate size is moronic, eespecially when you're talking about $500+.

hum, I know I've only got a high school diploma and I work in home improvement so I'm very familiar with a tape measure, and JR managed to measure himself and his fit fine. So unless youre telling me measuring yourself involves some kind of high level calculus I think I can handle it. If I only knew what the process was? :D

hum, I know I've only got a high school diploma and I work in home improvement so I'm very familiar with a tape measure, and JR managed to measure himself and his fit fine. So unless youre telling me measuring yourself involves some kind of high level calculus I think I can handle it. If I only knew what the process was? :D

He sent in measurements to get custom skates made, more than a bit different from this situation and he still has some pain last time I looked. Fit isn't all about numbers. Then again some people get so obsessed with having things they don't even know if they fit properly or not.

If I could get them custom I would. I also beleive he said he had that foot pain anyway thats why he changed to the superfeet insoles. I have skated in a pair of these already and only had ankle presure which was beleived to be because I didn't bake them, and they were to big. I had no other problems with the skate.

Isn't this topic "another one 90 question about sizing...?" I feel like I'm getting blasted for asking questions about sizing, and no one else is. No one else was told to go try a pair on 1st, you guys just said what you thought. I'm also assuming JR was the only person alowed to reallywant a pair :D