Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

why does edmonton fans hate chelios

hemsky went face first into the boards, chelios was there and got the blame for it, looked like he hardly hit him to me...

hemsky went face first into the boards, chelios was there and got the blame for it, looked like he hardly hit him to me...

i agree with you....the CBC guys were kinda blaming chelios also but i thought hemsky pretty much put himself into the boards

Because Chelios is a chump and held a stick under his arm early on to draw a weak penalty... he should have been called for embellishment/dive... in the flurry of penalties in the first period that led to Wings first goal.

It's also kinda the "new" thing in hockey. Pick one guy from the other team (for whatever reason) and boo him everytime he touches the puck.

Some will boo the best player from the other team.

Sometimes there is an "incident" that incites the booing (ie: Bert, or Lindros in Que & Philly).

I think they were booing Chelly before that hit...did he do something in Game 1 or 2?

Doesn't everyone hate Chelios, though? (Except Wings fans... and they're divided!)

He's a scrappy, aggressive and border-line dirty player. He plays right up to the edge but has enough self control not to cross the line. He battles every shift. I'm just amazed that an early-40's guy can still compete through the play-offs. He's a model of conditioning.

he has actually always been one of my favorites as long as i can remember. i have his autograph on a million different things and actually had the oppurtunity to go to his private charity golf thing back about the time he got traded. i remember because half the wings were there and he was still giving out hawks jerseys. i got some pictures with him too, also autographed and some free outback steak too :D

I don't remember Chelios being this much of a twat back in the Chicago days, but maybe it's what you have to do to cling onto something for so very long.

1989 in Montreal Chelios walks into Sir Winston's on Peel with a bag of Mickey Ds. Corson, Keane, and Svoboda are at the bar and its hammer time. The three guys start busting on Chelios, stealing his burgers and fries. He leans over and just gives each of them a big face wash with his massive paws. It was pretty funny to watch the whole thing take place. It was easy to tell the other guys totally respected him. I also think this was back when the Canadiens used to vote for their captain. It took three tries because the vote was split down the middle between Chelios and Carbonneau. I think GM Serge Savard cast the deciding vote for Carbonneau.

cheli is very good a sensing when someone is on his rear (one on one) going into the corner. that is why you see him side stepping big hits. also in 02 the van fans were all over him. so what does he do after the wings the series. he takes a victory lap.

Because Chelios is a chump and held a stick under his arm early on to draw a weak penalty... he should have been called for embellishment/dive... in the flurry of penalties in the first period that led to Wings first goal.

i love how people playing beer leagues call NHL vets chumps when they couldnt tie cheli's skates

i love how people playing beer leagues call NHL vets chumps when they couldnt tie cheli's skates

:lol:

Its not only the hemsky thing. weve been booing him since before playoffs started.

Hes a fool and is a known diver. I remember he came out and said it one time that he dives to get calls.

brutal waste of a hockey player.

Diver = Chump

I call 'em like I see 'em. :P

Yeah he's a chump, but that's what he's paid to be eh? He's probably one of the few "playoff" guys on the Red Wings. Don't get me wrong, the Red Wings are an amazingly talented team. Just they need a bunch of annoying scrappers with attitude like Chelios. Otherwise, they're done this series.

:lol:

I second that Shagel...I have the pleasure to see cheli on a constant basis at his bars here in detroit. Want to talk about a funny guy (not to mention he is greek, same roots). Had my cousins bachelor party 2 weeks ago at the detroit cheli's and he came over to congratulate him also ribbed him a little. He is pretty stand up guy off the ice too no question about it. On the ice he plays like he has always played mean, dirty, gritty, and most of all smart. How many 44 year olds are playing in the show right now that can put out game after game like he is. Take a look at all the players on the ice...you cant honestly say they arent dirty either because you dont see what they do...like pronger smacking cheli in the head last night at the face off. Hensky did go into the boards on his own watch the tape. How about the penalty Samuelson got last nght in front of the net you want to talk about diving...cripes I thought Greg Luganis was playing hockey.

Beer league hockey players rule...they are the best coaches...watch out Babcock.