Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeHockey97

2006 Synergy SL's

Hey Guys,

I saw in the Hockey News that the SL's for 2006 now have the 3-rib blade design that the ST's had last year. Does that make them more durable now. I know that there was a problem last year with blades breaking too easily. Has anyone on this site played one of the new ones? Is it any better?

If the SL's had a 3rib design added to them, has the new Z Carbon CNT blade had the same done to it, to make it more durable?

ive seen a bunch of 06 SLs , the first ones seem exactly the same . then ive also seen a few loners that have some new sticker on the blade . whether or not this means there was actually any improvement made, who knos, but the new sticker on the blade reads, " new and improved, longer lasting, better shooting." i picked one up just cuz i mostly wanted to try the heatley pattern, once i use it a bunch i'll let everybody know if it starts cracking after the third skate like usual.

Same exact stick....

No, it's not. The CNT technology in the blade is denser which should result in some blades that hold up a bit better.

2 weeks is 2 weeks. The rep spewed poop out of his mouth about how the top of the blade would be stronger, but I broke my 06 warranty replacements just as fast as the 05's i sent in in the exact same spot. And its not a technique or lie issue as I've been using the Drury for four years now without any problems.

Just stating the facts...I don't know how many 06's you have broken in that 2 week period but perhaps you might have had some bad luck with it. Not trying to defend it because i hate non-durable sticks just as much as the next guy.

There is a new batch of 06's that is different than the first batch. I'm not sure if the blade has 3 ribs, but there is a sticker on the blade advertising an increase in durability and the blade just looks a little beefier and more durable. The density thing that was mentioned makes sense because to me the carbon fiber weave on the new blades is a little different and the blades are also less glossy. More of a duller, greyer blade than the previous SL's had. I'm interested to try one. I wonder if the Stealth CNT's blade is the same?

There is a new batch of 06's that is different than the first batch. I'm not sure if the blade has 3 ribs, but there is a sticker on the blade advertising an increase in durability and the blade just looks a little beefier and more durable. The density thing that was mentioned makes sense because to me the carbon fiber weave on the new blades is a little different and the blades are also less glossy. More of a duller, greyer blade than the previous SL's had. I'm interested to try one. I wonder if the Stealth CNT's blade is the same?

i dunno, but I'm using my CNT Stealth tonight again (second time) so I can update the status in a few weeks (may play in a MENs hockey tournament this weekend too)

The stealth CNT blade is different from the SL CNT blade. Are you sure your SLs were the new blade? Some of the SLs that came out late in the year had the new graphics on the stick but not the new blade.

just a weeee update, used the Stealth CNT through a week of pickup and 4 games in Brantford men's hockey tournament, and it's still solid.. no chips, cracks etc.. will update when used a bit more, but I noticed many chips in the SL right away.. who knows... right now I'm happy with it :D

i dunno, but I'm using my CNT Stealth tonight again (second time) so I can update the status in a few weeks (may play in a MENs hockey tournament this weekend too)

What? Did you give up on your Warriors already :lol:

Hmmm maybe you might have to hook up again to get another one ;)

If she's got an 85 Flex Warrior that can be cut for taperds, consider it done.

hehehe... I still have all my warriors.. lol.. I'd like to keep trying the Stealth esp. with women cause they hack.. lol so I can tell if the Stealth is a real keeper hehehe