Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

j8Zt8r

1500C first skate

I've owned my 1300C's for over a year now and I can't say enough about them. The fit was phenominal right out of the box. No pinch points or hot spots and no ankle problems, just amazing performance from day one. I'm 5'11'' and weigh about 200 lbs and its like these skates where made for me. Found them a bit stiff to start but that only toke a few ice sessions to make the adjustment and its been heaven on ice since. I came from a pair of Pro Tacks and turned down a pair of G-5's for these puppies and I don't reget it in the least. Its like one of the other guys said you either like them or you don't , there is very liittle in between. ;)

I've had some 1300's for about 3 weeks and I love them so far. I've had one blister on my right ankle but other than that it's been the easiest break in period for a pair of skates for me. I really like how stiff and supportive they are.

I just got mine in today at work, they FELT 10x better just baking them and sitting there with them. The ankels are defintely improved, also, they made a change to the material that isnt composite on the skate, it is made of something else (toe cap excluded). And what the person said about the eyelets turning in flush with the tongue when you laced them up was 100% correct. On the 1300's it took awhile for that part of the skate to finally start bending in, these bent in no problem off the bat. All in all, there was less pain just wearing the 1500 than the 1300. I will write back once I skate on them.

Zach

I took a skate in these bad boy tonight. Firts thing I noticed was ankle support in the 1500's was much less than that of the 1300's (not necessarily a bad thing, just saying). All in all, baking these things really makes the difference. Also, these felt less stiff than the 1300's.....just my observation, maybe some of the other guys will chip in with their thoughts.

Zach

I also skated for about an hour and 45 min. in them tonight. I didn't have time to back them as i picked them up, sharpened them and headed to the drop in session. The rink is like a mini ice rink so i couldn't try them to their full potential because of the size of the rink, but will get a full ice, nice long skate in them tomorrow.

Well first impressions. I need to bake them no doubt. First 5 minutes the inside of my foot below my ankle had some annoying pressure. After sweating in them a bit, they felt great. I got a 10.5 Wide and it fits me great. I usually wear a 10 in NBH just as a comparison for you guys. I think these run a little small lengthwise. the coil technology was still quite noticable, but not as much as the 1300s, which imo is a good thing. Coming from Flexlite 12s, they seems a bit lower cut. They were pretty stiff but not as much as the 1300s(another good thing) I still think i'm going to put my LS2s on them. I think i'll be more comfortable with those on there. They fit great and are comfortable, but I definitely need to get them baked at work tomorrow! This skate is worth a shot guys. Don't judge it by last year's problems.

Please no calling skates bad boys

Ill call skates whatever I want, so get off my balls man.

JR is this acceptable??

I may not be JR, but whats wrong with calling skates bad boys ;) Is it something against you or what?

You kinda egged him on, but please, don't call skates "bad boys." I hate when those guys come into the store holding the blades together and put them on my counter, on top of my paperwork, and be like "Got time to put an edge on these bad boys?"

You kinda egged him on, but please, don't call skates "bad boys." I hate when those guys come into the store holding the blades together and put them on my counter, on top of my paperwork, and be like "Got time to put an edge on these bad boys?"

note the point

Nut swing on JR some more because he doesnt like something. Its just a personal thing for him, and I respect that. In your case though since JR says he doesnt like it then you dont like it....get your own opinion, stop borrowing JR's.

Zach

You'r a hockey player and not some choppers' gang member, they refer to their bikes as bad boys but we don't refer to our skates as bad boys. you know what's a bad boy? wait till you skate break on you, you will know.

I refer to my skates as bad boys often and have for years....Im not too sure what you meant with that last sentence there either.....ENGLISH, do you speak it? Anyways, Im through with this, dont go around telling people what to say.

Zach

I am currently skating in Easton Ultra lite -SBX skates, but its getting time to get new skates. With out having tried them on yet, i was leaning to the fuel AG110's, but i haven't read as much possitive things about them as I would like. Im going to buy a top of the line skate, but im not sure as to what direction I want to be going yet.

How do you think the 1500's would compare to the SBX's? aside from the stiffness of the composite boot? Should the fit be about the same? what about the durability of this years model? all I seem to hear is how last years 1300's and the vapor XXX fell apart really fast. These SBX skates have seemed to last for ever.

ps: i know some people will say go to bauer 8090 or mission s500, but i cant get last years skates without mail ordering them, and i dont want to buy skates with out trying them on.

Just an update...I heated them up and took them for a few skates.

I am VERY impressed with this year's 1500 skate. It is stiff, but I absolutely love it. It fits my foot like a glove with NO pain after baking now. I was able to turn sharply very well and come out of turns very quickly. They feel i guess more traditional than the 1300s did. I really think the fit of these is what sets them apart. I can see them fitting man different people pretty well. Will update more as i wear them more.

I played in mine monday. The 1300's were so stiff I didnt need to wrap my laces around the back of the skate. But with the 1500's the ankle was alot "looser" feeling to me and not stiff enough, so I had to wrap the laces around the tendon to get the desired "tightness" or stiffness. Still, they feel 10x better than my 1300's did the last time I used them, which gave them 3 months to break in, where my 1500's I have only skated on for 30 minutes and a game....major difference.

Zach

Well, after going to the amherst pepsi center to try on a pair of 110's and learning they had to send them all back because of a defect, i bought a pair of 1500's from great skate yesterday. $489 total us.

What I like about the skate: after baking them, the fit is awesome. I've never had a skate that felt so much better after baking it. The fore-foot section of the boot clamps right on to your foot. Arches feel great, my toes just brush the toe cap. The heal area of the boot is what impressed me the most with the fit though. I've never had a skate that fits in the heel area so well. Once your foot is in there, your not going any where. A little bit of lace bite, but nothing you can't deal with.

The boot seems to be lower cut in the ankle then what I'm used to. at first impression, I think im going to end up liking the cut of the boot, but I want to skate in them more before I really judge them.

Also, by far the lightest skates I have ever owned, or held. If you are looking for a light weight, stiff skate, this is it. The holders are the same easton holders that i have on my old skates, and i've been happy with them in the past, so I dont have any problems with these.

What I dont Like about the skates so far: By the end of the game last night, my ankles were pretty beat up. Cuts on the out side of both, and I dont care for the tendon guard on the back of the skates. It seems a bit over sized, but I might get used to that over time. The other thing about the skates is holy crap are they stiff. Coming from a skate that was a bit softer by design, and had gotten soft to the point where I needed new skates, the stiffness of the skates is going to take some getting used to. I did feel better by the end of the game, But If I dont adjust to the stiffness, or the skates break in a bit, I will prolly end up selling them.

I have another game thursday, so i'll post back again after the game. If you guys wanna know anything let me know.