Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HotBacon

"cheap" helmet needed

Can someone recommend a cheap (less than $50 or so) helmet that is still comfortable and protective. I need a replacement for my old school CCM but don't need a fancy Bauer 8000 or similar $100 bucket. I see a few models on clearance but am not sure about the comfort factor of any of them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Do you mean your old CCM HT2, if so, that's what I was suggesting for you. Grea helmet.

I'm not sure what model I'm currently wearing...it's the staple helmet almost everyone wore about 5-10 years ago. I looked up a pic of the HT2 and that looks to be it...although so do the rest of the CCM models. All I know is the foam is disgusting, the screws are rusted, and the chin strap doesn't snap together anymore.

How's the Bauer 4000 compare to the HT2?

Do you mean your old CCM HT2, if so, that's what I was suggesting for you. Grea helmet.

I'm not sure what model I'm currently wearing...it's the staple helmet almost everyone wore about 5-10 years ago. I looked up a pic of the HT2 and that looks to be it...although so do the rest of the CCM models. All I know is the foam is disgusting, the screws are rusted, and the chin strap doesn't snap together anymore.

How's the Bauer 4000 compare to the HT2?

4000 is more narrow than the the HT2

Well..I was thinking the same as you..something cheap. I came from wearing a 3000, I found a Jofa 690 for cheap and idk what took me so long to switch. Light, comfy, and protective since it's got the EPP foam. Get your hands on one if you can...the Bauer helmets did pinch my head...find the HT500 or similar model, or look for a Jofa 690.

I use Itech Hc100, you can find it on-line for low price (on hockeymonkey for $ 40).

I like it and for my big head it's very confortable. Not the best helmet but great for $ 40.

On hockeymonkey comes also in horrible colors. :lol:

The horrid colors come at a lower price. If it matches your uni or something then, that's great.