Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

millertime99

JR's store pics

Thanks for filling us in JR.  $10/hour...definitely a labor of love!  Hopefully the perks are worth it!

Keep up the good work.

I did not say that I was making that. I make significantly more than that...

Cool! I'm a big fan of entrepreneurs. It takes a lot of guts, so hats off to the ones who are making it work.

Thanks for filling us in JR.  $10/hour...definitely a labor of love!  Hopefully the perks are worth it!

Keep up the good work.

That's good. $10/hr doesn't buy much ice time! :lol:

What does the job top out at, or is the sky pretty much the limit? (Commission based?) I mean, could I run a busy hockey shop and expect to pull in 75k or even 100k a year?

I've never worked in a commission-based proshop.

As far as your other question goes, no. It depends who you work for obviously, if you are working for a chain and whatnot.

We certainly aren't in it for the money, that's for sure.

Keep up the good work.

Cool! I'm a big fan of entrepreneurs. It takes a lot of guts, so hats off to the ones who are making it work.

I'm not an entrepreneur. I've never been part of a small-business pro shop (well, the last one I left is run like one, does that count?)

This will most likely be my last retail job.

This will most likely be my last retail job.

I don't blame you, although I think you would probably do well making your own hockey store. Seattle is ripe for a real store like yours. All the others are just in rink shops (rink a dink sizes too) and they have odd hours. There are now about 6 or 7 rinks in the Seattle Area serving a few thousand hockey skaters.

I've thought about it, but setting up in this area would be so hard, especially with the big stores in the area. Plus I would need investors :P

wow really nice store

i think i might have been in it before...it looks really familiar

It is in Novi, MI.

yeah then ive been there before

its a really nice store

It is funny to read this thread. That is a nice hockey shop, don't get me wrong, but I used to live in MI and just thought that was what a LHS looked like. Now I live in Florida and I am virtually forced to shop online because the LHS are few and far between. If I had read this thread a few years ago, I would have thought these other people are nuts. Now, I suffer from LHS withdraw and I sympathize for all of you. :D

I miss MI.

I used to drive 30 minutes to get to the rink I wanted to play and and drive by 2-3 facilities on the way. Now I drive 2 hours just to get A good indoor facility. :(

Where in FL? I used to be at RDV's shop in Orlando.

i was in orlano for vaca and i looked for stores but i couldnt find anything at all! absloutley nothing that had to do with hockey i live in canada and i dont think the sttes has many hockey stores or atleast i cant find any when i go there :D

no ofence or anything but hokckey shops r every where here...

Where in FL?  I used to be at RDV's shop in Orlando.

i was in orlano for vaca and i looked for stores but i couldnt find anything at all! absloutley nothing that had to do with hockey i live in canada and i dont think the sttes has many hockey stores or atleast i cant find any when i go there :D

Come to Southeast Michigan. Oooodles of shops.

Where in FL?  I used to be at RDV's shop in Orlando.

Come to Southeast Michigan. Oooodles of shops.

I am coming!