Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rande

Itech visor

Hello.

I need a new visor but i dont know which i should pick..

Could you help me out with "pros 'n' cons"?

Thanks

hs22_straight_full.jpg

or

itech_hs22w.jpg(clear)

I have the second of those visors in clear, and i love it, it gives good visability and ive never had any problems with it steaming up or anything.

Hope that helps

I dont have a second one, no.

But if i take the first one i prolly have no nose someday?!

What Chadd is saying is the Pro-Wave gives you more clearance if you have a huge shnozz. I have had both the HS22 Pro-Wave and the HS22 Straight Cut, and I like them both. Neither one fogs up very much, and visibility is great through both of them. The pro wave does come down on your face and curve down a bit more than the straight cut, and probably offers a little more protection for your cheekbones, but I think that's pretty negligible. I say go into your LHS and test fit both of them on your helmet, and see which one you like the visibility out of better.

I love the Pro-wave (second one), have one on my Bauer 4000 helmet. Perfect fit.

I would say the helmet you have dictates which visor's you should consider, e.g. my old CCM HT2 helmet and Itech 100 made visor's site higher on the head, while the BH4000's mounting holes are lower.

Could play with a straight cut Oakley useing my Bauer, but would never consider the same visor for another helmet, since I would between slim and none eye protection.

I love the Pro-wave (second one), have one on my Bauer 4000 helmet. Perfect fit.

I would say the helmet you have dictates which visor's you should consider, e.g. my old CCM HT2 helmet and Itech 100 made visor's site higher on the head, while the BH4000's mounting holes are lower.

Could play with a straight cut Oakley useing my Bauer, but would never consider the same visor for another helmet, since I would between slim and none eye protection.

I rock a Bauer 4000, so that might be my decision ;)

Umm,

could you be so kind and post pictures with these visors mounted on a bauer 4000 helmet?

My LHS doesnt carry them, he has to order one for me so i cant do it myself.

Thanks alot.

I normally have this on my Bauer 8000 helmet, but I pulled it off and threw it on my old bauer 4000 to take a couple pics for you because I am so rediculously bored before work.

Pic of the visor/helmet

img0844medium9zq.th.jpg

Pic of the helmet on to show you roughly how much it protects. That's about as low as it can get, the top of the visor I lined up with the plastic front edge of the helmet. Ignore my crack addicted look, it takes a lot of concentration to hold the camera still :lol:

img0845medium8wi.th.jpg

And yes, it's on right. We already concluded that the stickers were put on it upside down.

Thanks a lot for the Photo.

Well i guess its just my point of view but it looks stupid on such a helmet, i guess i need a new one since my 4000 has cracks already ;)

J/K

Actually a Bauer 4000 looks better in-game with a visor than most other helmets. if your going after looks...

Ya - actually i think it looks the best.

Okay!

Now i need a 4000 with a straight visor - pic

Can someone help me out?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Bye

If anyones got a pic of a 4000 and an itech aviator visor - that would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a 4000 with a pro wave visor on it. I can get pics, if you're interested.

I have a ccm 652 with the hs22 straight cut, but my visor sits higher on the helmet than in those pics with the bauer 4000. I could take a picture if that helps when I get home from work.

If anyones got a pic of a 4000 and an itech aviator visor - that would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a 4000 with a pro wave visor on it. I can get pics, if you're interested.

no thanks

I have two Bauer 4000 helmets, one in black and one in white, one with an Itech HS22 Straight Cut visor and the other with an Oakley Straight Cut visor. The Oakley comes down and protects my nose more than the Itech I'd say, but only by a small margin. Later if you'll like I'll go to the garage and take pictures of both to compare for you.

I also have an Itech HS22 Pro Wave Mirrored shield like above which I took off for the clear. Just too many rinks were shutting off lights to save them during rat hockey which was pissing me off. If I know a rink has super lighting, I consider using it for glare. Looks sharp, but I think I'm just sticking with clear from now on.