Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aussie Joe

International Shipping ban

Hey guys, this is beginging to be a part of major frustration on my part. Recently I have been making sales enquires to what I consider to be the two most major (and cheapest) online stores, HockeyGiant and Epuck. They are beginging to give me the same story that they have signed agreements with the hockey companies that state the will no longer ship their gear overseas. This was the most recent reply I got from HockeyGiant....

I am sorry to inform you that due to manufacture policies we are unable to ship

any Bauer, Nike, Mission 2006, CCM, Koho, Jofa, Reebok or Easton products out of

the USA at this time. These are policies put forth by the companies that we must

follow.

Im wondering If I can get an explanation as to why this is happening now more than ever? Also is this affecting anyone inside and also outside of North America? If it continues it means a great deal less of my money will be spent on hockey gear locally, as the markups here are rediculous....

eg: Vapor XXX Stick via Hockey Giant: $109.00 USD

Vapor XXX Stick locally : $499.90 AUD

This was the most recent reply I got from HockeyGiant....

any Bauer, Nike, Mission 2006, CCM, Koho, Jofa, Reebok or Easton products out of

the USA at this time. These are policies put forth by the companies that we must

follow.

At least you can still get TPS! :D

I'm in the UK and it's the first I've heard of it, I got some gear from EPuck only a few weeks ago. Maybe they're not allowed to ship to AUS? Sounds odd tho.

I hope it's not a sign of things to come because prices over here aren't exactly that great, thus why I get my stuff from EPuck!

You could always try the Buy / Sell forums on here, I'm sure some nice MSH members would be willing to ship stuff to AUS :)

Hey guys, this is beginging to be a part of major frustration on my part. Recently I have been making sales enquires to what I consider to be the two most major (and cheapest) online stores, HockeyGiant and Epuck. They are beginging to give me the same story that they have signed agreements with the hockey companies that state the will no longer ship their gear overseas. This was the most recent reply I got from HockeyGiant....

follow.

Im wondering If I can get an explanation as to why this is happening now more than ever? Also is this affecting anyone inside and also outside of North America? If it continues it means a great deal less of my money will be spent on hockey gear locally, as the markups here are rediculous....

eg: Vapor XXX Stick via Hockey Giant: $109.00 USD

Just have someone here buy it for you and then they can ship it to you. There are always holes in the system

Vapor XXX Stick via Hockey Giant: $109.00 USD

Think I might become an exporter with markups like that.

Try icewarehouse.com or inlinewarehouse.com (same company). This is a FAQ from the "international" link on their site:

What can I order?

You may order all items shown on our online catalogue. If you would like to order an item that is not found on our website please email our friendly sales staff for price and availability.

I've never tried international orders from them since I live in the US, but they're a great company to deal with. Give them a try.

Yea as these companies get more and more restrictive I get a lot more folks from the UK and Austrailia bidding on my eBay auctions.

It sucks if these companies are trying to protect profit margins and local distributers when we hear all the time on these boards how terrible some of the European distribution systems are.

It's happening more than ever because companies are making more money and they like that. Also do some research on your local export laws, some things might have changed, but overall you're just looking at companies marking up for profit.

i was going to oder a bauer blocker(sorry it shall b in goalie) but hockey geeks said that they cannot ship any bauer stuff out of the showroom/hockey shop itsself

well I was thinking of buying some Bauer gloves but because of this ban I might just have to buy a different brand - their loss! I'm not paying their rediculous prices over here

You have it backwards. It's the importer in those countries who's making the profit.

In the early 90's I was in charge of international sales for a start-up software company. A single-user license hand an MSRP of around $700 -- that was what our US resellers were pricing it at, if not less. But most of our foreign customers were selling it for 2X or 3X MSRP. And they all wanted exclusivity in their country: "Think of the risk I'm taking with the inventory, advertising and blah, blah, blah. If you let someone else enter this market and undersell me, they'll reap all the benefits of my efforts."

Sure, they were right, but the problem is their sales were no where similar to US sales, because customers were scoffing at paying $2100 for software. We constantly had people who knew the software was $700 in the US asking to buy directly from us. We had to say 'No' because of the exclusive agreements that were in place, so the foreign end-users found resellers that were willing to ship out of the country. Which, of course, lead to calls from the foreign customers claiming they were losing out on sales to the "gray market."

But what do they expect now that the internet allows customers to be more educated? People know what the US prices are. Even if you factor in higher taxes and vacation accruals for most European companies, they definitely are marking up their products WAY more than US companies do.

Hey im a Dealer in the Uk & even i cant buy current 06 models from any of the "OFFICAL" Uk Distributors, it just plain sucks.

Iv had several heated arguments with Mission, Rinkrat & Labeda, guess their allready making enough money in the US to worry about export !

The biggest thing about all this is that I buy gear fairly regularly from the net. Im in a good finacial position where the gear on Epuck etc is affordable to me. What it means that for me personally I either have to save up for months and months to pay top dollar for last yr's high end models locally or put up with middle of the range at top of the range internet prices. As a consumer Im being ripped off because some arsehole in Sydney (who BTW knows half as much about their product as I do) can make a cruisy living out of markups on old stock gear.

In all honesty I care little for distributors. They are ignorant scum as far as Im concerned and I will continue to find loop holes in the system. If Epuck/HockeyGiant cannot sell to me (and its not their fault, its Bauer, Easton's s etc for making them not sell overseas) I will simply try Ebay, this forum or see if any friends know anyone in the US/Canada who can get me gear.

My own views and methods are not unique, the word will spread that sites such as Ebay sell cheap gear OS. Even If Im just buying retail price I don't care, as long as its cheaper than Aussie stores.

PS: In Epuck's defense, I sent them a very heated email 3 mths ago when they refused to sell me Nike gear. They ended up diarising all of our conversations and sending them off to Nike-Bauer as an example of one pissed off customer. Their response was good, "We agree with your anger, we are a business that sells hockey gear. How can we sell as much gear as possible when companies restrict us from doing so....no body wins in the end."

Cool they sent your email to NikeBauer. B)

Luckily here in Europe some of the German onlinestores are starting to have decent inventory and prices.

Most stuff will cost me the same sent from Germany, as it would from Online stores in USA. Because of the higher shipping cost & +25% in taxes. And it'll take a few days instead of a whole week (compared to the states) to recieve it.

Thank you Schengen Agreement! (Openborders, in the EU)

Hey im a Dealer in the Uk & even i cant buy current 06 models from any of the "OFFICAL" Uk Distributors, it just plain sucks.

Iv had several heated arguments with Mission, Rinkrat & Labeda, guess their allready making enough money in the US to worry about export !

Do you have a shop then if so whats it called and where?

A mate of mine bought Eastom Stealth gloves this week from epuck and they used to tell me they wouldn't ship easton to me but i guess they may have changed it because they previously told him that they wouldnt ship bauer to him

If you are in the UK have a look around, you will find most UK shops beat or equal US prices.

Once you add Shipping and UPS service charge oh yeah then mr Taxman charges you VAT on those and your item....

Thanks Tony!

Nottingham

EG.

Bauer 8090

US Price = $250+$90 = $340

UK Price = $749.88

All Prices converted in to US Dollars

Oh yeh forgot we were comparing Eastom prices lol i will update with them in a sec

First search I did on the 8090 found them at Demon Xtreme for £333.49

Skate attack and others are of a similar price but are all competitive.

Student? deduct 10% instantly

I assume you found the skates at hockey giant for that price? £249? if so add your shipping on in dollars then add 17.5% for when it comes into the uk. At your $90 shipping price (without UPS service charge) thats already $399 convert this using XE.com and today you get about £212 which although is cheaper you would have to wait upto a month delivery with hockeygiant and you dont always get the required item. (my personal experience)

A UK shop will service and repair if needed and you have a warranty US product warranty is void the second it leaves the US though many shops still warrant defects it costs you the difference to ship it back to them!

It may save you a bit on this instance but in the UK you will definatly get the skate you want in the size you want hassle free.

PLUS the more people buy from a UK shop the more they order from suppliers bringing the prices down. If your whole team buys skates from the US your local shop is hiking up the prices to cover cost from missed sales.

= Less sponsorships given out

= No advertising for tournaments

= No advertising in supporting media

Dave

As for the Stealth, beggars cant be choosers, that has to be one of the pricyest sticks on the market. Just had a couple of kids go with the Montreal Sticks (over the stealth) which are Uber cheap in the UK for a true one peice and they are loving them.

I am a hockeyshop owner in the UK but will not shamelessly plug. (I haven't mentioned my shop in previous posts either) I know if more people buy in the UK I can give more sponsorships advertise more and put more money into building the sports.

Dave

lol please say where you are?

Puckstop?

Hockeystop?

The hockey shop?

Crazy Kennys?

At the moment i have to Trek all the way down to puckstop to get skate sharpening or to ask even simple questions.

I am only asking because you sound as though you know what you are talking about which is more then i can say for the rink shop near me