Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sweden wins World Championship

Looks like the Sweeds are the #1 hockey power! Good on 'em. I like to see it spread around. Canada was doing well, then the Czechs, Finland is constantly a contender, so is the USA. Nice to see the young Russians who want to play. This diversity is good for the game.

Not to be a jerk, but how many Swedes have won the Conn Smythe? And does this mean that they will be winning it from now on?

Yes Sweden plays some good hockey. Canada should learn from the way they train (on-ice drills, technically correct play, less scrimmage/shinny) but honestly Canadians are best (In my opinion) at hardcore, desperate, playoff hocky.

I wish I knew how the Swedes got such smooth hands. If only I had smooth hands like them....

I don't get the World Championships, even when Canada won I didn't care at all. It's just whoever randomally gets the best players who didn't make the playoffs or decides they'd rather play than go on vacation.

I think the Swedes have the best international team right now because they won the Olympics, not because of any World Championships.

I'm glad Sweden won it but come on...it's the World Championships. It's just everyone's best players not in the playoffs.

I love the world Championships for some reason, I know it doesn't really impact the "hockey nation" as much as other international events, but it always seems to have some excitement in it. Possibly because everyone on Canada who is there, wants to be there. Like Shanny asking if he was allowed to play.

Not to be a jerk, but how many Swedes have won the Conn Smythe? And does this mean that they will be winning it from now on?

Yes Sweden plays some good hockey. Canada should learn from the way they train (on-ice drills, technically correct play, less scrimmage/shinny) but honestly Canadians are best (In my opinion) at hardcore, desperate, playoff hocky.

I wish I knew how the Swedes got such smooth hands. If only I had smooth hands like them....

Lidstrom won the Conn Smythe.

Lidstrom won the Conn Smythe.

There won't be a Swede winning it this year.

You can't win if you don't play desperate hockey, even if you're the 2001-02 Red Wings. It's usually a combination of Euro/N.A. hockey that wins it all.