Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShakeAndBake9

Need to find new blade

I am looking for a blade that is close to the Sakic, only not rockered, I can't seem to get off a good enough backhand with this as I did with the Shanny blade. Can anybody help me with this?

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I was down at my LHS this past weekend, and saw the CCM lecav curve on one of the vectors there.

I was thinking to myself "there is no way that is a legal blade"

Are the mass manufactured sticks generally more liberal in their curves, or did my eyes decieve me.

When I looked at the CCM pattern chart I was thinking I really liked the look of it, but seeing it in person, there is no way I would have any control of a puck with it

does anyone know what easton curve is most comparible to the Elias curve? also if anyone knew what easton curve the Hull curve copared to i would appriciate it.

does anyone know what easton curve is most comparible to the Elias curve? also if anyone knew what easton curve the Hull curve copared to i would appriciate it.

Elias is close to a Forsberg/Modano. But the Hull is somewhat unique. Some people say its similar to an Iginla, but I don't agree.

I am looking for a blade that is close to the Sakic, only not rockered, I can't seem to get off a good enough backhand with this as I did with the Shanny blade. Can anybody help me with this?

i'm in exactly the same position as you. I love the curve of the Sakic but find my forehand shots have too much lift on them and backhands are crap. I had a Shanahan before as well! My bro has an Easton Iginla and if I was ever to try something other than a Sakic it would be that as it does have a nice curve and is not as open.

I actually just got a Heatley pattern in the mail and will be trying it out this week. I will let you guys know how it works. On 1st impression, it looks really really nice though so I am very optimistic.

I like the Bauer/nike St. Louis curve. I dont know if its a clone of anything, ut I just got a new One60 wood blade with it (don't even know if thats mid or top line or what) and really like the feel of it. I used a Sakic back in the day a season or season and a half ago and moving to a TPS tkachuk (cant spell today) really helped my backhand. I'd imagine the Modo/Forsberg thing woudl help you too..

I tried the modano, and my backhand was back to normal, but I didn't like my forehand as much, I never used a heel curve before. But like I said, at first glance and shooting in my basement I think I will stick with the new Easton heatley, I like this stick a lot so far.

I like the Bauer/nike St. Louis curve. I dont know if its a clone of anything, ut I just got a new One60 wood blade with it (don't even know if thats mid or top line or what) and really like the feel of it. I used a Sakic back in the day a season or season and a half ago and moving to a TPS tkachuk (cant spell today) really helped my backhand. I'd imagine the Modo/Forsberg thing woudl help you too..

Im pretty sure its the new pm9 (Hossa)

I like the Bauer/nike St. Louis curve.  I dont know if its a clone of anything, ut I just got a new One60 wood blade with it (don't even know if thats mid or top line or what) and really like the feel of it.  I used a Sakic back in the day a season or season and a half ago and moving to a TPS tkachuk (cant spell today) really helped my backhand.  I'd imagine the Modo/Forsberg thing woudl help you too..

Im pretty sure its the new pm9 (Hossa)

I am pretty sure its a PM9 with a lie of 6, and the whole curve might be a little shorter

I played a few times with the new Heatley and I like it a lot. The backhand is back and it has slightly less of an open face from the Sakic so that is also perfect. It does feel much shorted than the Sakic though, and of course way shorter than the Shanny/Gagne.

The lie 5 isn't too big of a deal changing from the 5.5. I like the blade but if I were to change anything I would make it longer and a 5.5 lie; which is what people say the Iginla is. How close are the Iggy/Heatley blades? I've herd some say identical and others say not close enough. Can anybody post some pics or anything? Thanks.