Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ti-girl

Kor or Vector 10.0

Okay,

I am going to a WWHL camp this summer. I am looking for a new pair of skates since mine are getting pretty beat up and they absorb a lot of water when I'm on the ice a lot.

I am looking at either the vector 10.0 or a pair of kor's. Right now the 10.0's are $650, but I don't know how much the Kor's are.

I'm looking for something that can withstand abuse but is also light and gives me good control.

I have only ever skated in CCMs since I have been 2 and am afraid of changing.

Anyone have any opinions?

i'm STILL waiting for my Kor shift1 skates to come in but i've done a lot of looking around and reading. bottom line is that if you want something "new" and different then you'll want to pick the Kor shift1 but if you just want a new pair of skates then go with the vector 10. there is some risk going with the Kor skates but from what i've read it'll be well worth it.

Yes, but none of them have the test drive program.

I think I will call on Monday.

I'm sure the fine folks at Kor can arrange something for you...

I really hope so.

I know how Vectors fit (I have a pair) and as I have a pair and I have always worn a pair of CCMs.

I have a practice on Monday so it would be so great to try them out then before things get too too serious.

I have a friend who played 12 seasons and used CCM's for the most part of his career. He was given a pair of Kor's last summer and called to tell me about them. His statement was that they are amazing. He said he had never had a pair of skates that were that comfortable, especially the first time he wore them. He basically could not say enough good things about them. I don't know if that helps at all but I had to add it.

What about getting the Vector Pros for $269US? I mean, you could get two set of them for the same $ as the 10.0:s or the Kor:s...

I think the Kor's would be cheaper that $650 although they have gone up.

I would go with the Kors, perfect mold to your foot, although i cant comment on durablilty.

I think the Kor's would be cheaper that $650 although they have gone up.

I would go with the Kors, perfect mold to your foot, although i cant comment on durablilty.

The price shouldn't go up till the 06 model yr is delivered. Right now they are going for around $450 US. Expect 06 model to be $499 or so.

Most of the ones I see that are 1 yr old have held up great, barely looked used. Unlike some stronger, faster, lighter "type" skates.

since your in canada i'll let you know that i got mine ordered (because they didn't have my size) for $599.99 at the hockey shop in surrey i'm sure i can get it cheaper if i ordered it from the states but this is one pair of skates i'll need help with all the molding and all.

hey i went to hockey shop in surrey and tried them on...got a better deal over at Ice Level Sports in Richmond on steveston highway