Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bandit832

June 1 - Bauer One90

No shipping across border is supposed to go on!

It never was supposed to happen, glad to see even the bigger guys have to play by the rules.

NBH has some policy now where if someone from the states is trying to buy an NBH product from us like a XXX Lite or something we can't ship it to them unless its our SMU product. Looks like Canadians can't order NBH stuff from the states either

I phoned hockey giant today and they said they couldn't ship to Canada. Anyone hear of any internet stores shipping them to Canada. As the canadian price is alot more.

you could always drive to the states and hopefully not have to may alot of duty on them if u only go over for the day

I phoned hockey giant today and they said they couldn't ship to Canada. Anyone hear of any internet stores shipping them to Canada. As the canadian price is alot more.

you could always drive to the states and hopefully not have to may alot of duty on them if u only go over for the day

the rule is that you don't have to pay duty on goods made in North America, you'd just have to pay the taxes.

That said, I have no idea where the ONE90's are made

Well I'm no genius, but I know that my LHS? (Not really, it's the local tournament rink, The Cooler, in Alpharetta) has the ONE90 for $500 dollars + 7% tax, so $535 total. I'd obviously have to make some money here, as I'm taking a risk in buying them; if you have Paypal, PM me. Essentially, you will be sending me $535 + $20 dollars + shipping to the US. Canada is iffy, because if the things get picked up out of customs, we're both screwed. Mostly you, but I would be pissed too that I wouldn't be able to give you your money back.

Just FYI. Sorry, it's early.

Sorry again, I just got a thought; where does the stuff that gets confiscated at customs go? If anybody knows, I wouldn't mind flying up there to check out the goods. I know there is a lost luggage place in Alabama, and some kids I know went and picked up sticks (Synergy Si-Core Grip) really cheap there.

My LHS has 2 pairs in right now, and said they wouldn't be getting the rest of there order in till the end of September... (I'm not sure if its true but seems reasonable)

Hockeygiant has them now huh?

Now I get to sit back and wonder when the first "So I ordered my one90s today online and they dont fit" thread will pop up :D

My LHS is supposed to get them in some time this week and the shop owner offered to order them at cost for me because he wants me out of tblades. I think I will just stick with my Salmings.

As a dealer how much do you pay per pair of skates?

NOYB.

I know how much :D

Dont worry about it though, its not a huge difference unless your LHS is marking them way up.

Now I get to sit back and wonder when the first "So I ordered my one90s today online and they dont fit" thread will pop up :D

I'm waiting for the parents/kids who get them and bake them suddenly realize that "zero negative space" means no room to grow.

I'm waiting for the parents/kids who get them and bake them suddenly realize that "zero negative space" means no room to grow.

Thats a good question and i asked it.

According to the guy that BUILDS the skate for those who think Reps know nothing.

If you were to give someone about a 1/2 size to grow and only warm the skate up say for 2 min instead of 3 or 4 let them wear it for however long till it gets tight and re heat the skate you would actually get some life out of the skate.

However if you tried to get a full size like you said Chadd you would be up s creek.

Exactly right.

The reality is that it is no different than the fitting/sizing dilemma faced with any skate for a growing foot. Buying a skate in the size for the exact right fit is not an option for a parent who knows that the foot will be getting bigger. So a compromise is always required, in buying up say a half-size to allow for some growth but not so extra big as to compromise skating performance or cause premature breakdown.

The ONE90's thermoformability should be a plus, in allowing the fit to be re-tuned when the foot shape changes over the course of the season.

KC

Exactly right.

The reality is that it is no different than the fitting/sizing dilemma faced with any skate for a growing foot. Buying a skate in the size for the exact right fit is not an option for a parent who knows that the foot will be getting bigger. So a compromise is always required, in buying up say a half-size to allow for some growth but not so extra big as to compromise skating performance or cause premature breakdown.

The ONE90's thermoformability should be a plus, in allowing the fit to be re-tuned when the foot shape changes over the course of the season.

KC

I thought they could only be baked twice.

Well I'm no genius, but I know that my LHS? (Not really, it's the local tournament rink, The Cooler, in Alpharetta) has the ONE90 for $500 dollars + 7% tax, so $535 total. I'd obviously have to make some money here, as I'm taking a risk in buying them; if you have Paypal, PM me. Essentially, you will be sending me $535 + $20 dollars + shipping to the US. Canada is iffy, because if the things get picked up out of customs, we're both screwed. Mostly you, but I would be pissed too that I wouldn't be able to give you your money back.

Just FYI. Sorry, it's early.

If you buy the skates and ship them to someone in Canada there is no way customos can confiscate the item, its a private sale none of anyones business, say its a gifr or w/e. Under what circumstances would they ? Its not a car where paper work and registration is needed. They might hit you with a nice customs fee but there are tricks around that too. I mean people we live in democratic countries, no one has the right to tell you where to buy your products. All the skate I've bought to date I bought from the USA (I am from Canada) simply because all the good deals on Ebay are from the States and the exchange rate is killer now. Any Canadian buyer if he has the chance to buy from the USA (any goods)... buy and buy some more...enjoy the benefits of the strong Canadian economy, thats how it works everywhere. I am from Slovakia and when I used to live there there would be a bunch of Austrians coming down all the time because the exchange rate of their currency with ours made shopping 10 times cheaper for them in Slovakia then in Austria.

i got a list here beside me saying what sizes were getting and its pretty scattered so i wouldnt be suprised if i see some people arguing instore about them

So, Sogaduch....out of nothing more than idle curiosity...

it's been a week now; just how are all those fist-fights in your store coming along?

We got the first shipment yesterday...tried on something CLOSE to my size today, and they were pretty nice. Boot seemed a little shallow, but i'd like to see them after being heat molded. I liked the inside of the toe box and the shape. I know it's something small, but the inside of the toe box is super smooth and it felt nice :) Locked the heel in place, and I love the tounge with that lacebite guard. Impessed.

Oh, can't believe I forgot to mention...I was at pick-up today and there was a guy that knew a guy who works for the flyers and hooked him up with a ONE90 stick from Gagne. Stick looks AWESOME. I picked it up(couldnt use it because i'm a righty) and it felt almost like an Endure as far as the feeling in the hands. Had a similar taper to the XXX Lite. Felt much more solid than the XXX Lite though.