Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire0nIce228

Shinguard in or out?

I just got new XX's and the tounge is different than my old skates. I would my shinguards down inside my old skates but this tounge seems to go up my leg tighter than my other pair, so I dont know if shinguards outside the tounge would be worse because it would be pushing the tounge out from my leg. whta do you guys think, what are the advantages and disadvantages?

I put them outside on my Vapors since like you said, the tongue is a pretty tight fit. I've had no probs with it...but then again like duch said, personal pref.

Out - I find I can tie my skates better. But look at pronger he is almost tripping on his tongue.

You're probably looking at the seperate pad he has to protect the front of his foot. It's a piece of plastic that is either laced onto the skate or attached to the bottom of his shinpads. If I remember correctly there are a couple posts on MSH that say he does have an extended tongue though too.