Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cassius

Opinions on the Bauer Kovalchuk/P91 curve?

I just wanted to see what your opinions about this curve are. I just picked up a cheap nike stick and I don't quite know what to make of it yet. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the blade? thanks

I agree with Cavs019, thinking about getting some custom Christian`s made up with the same curve with either a 4.5 or a 5 lie..............................

I think Jason has some Salming OPS left with the 44 curve, it's a 5 lie Drury.

I had one on my Vapor XX, it was a good curve, I really liked it, except for the fact that I couldnt really keep my slapshots down all the time. But other than that it was a good curve.

I'm pretty sure mine was more open than that, it was a prostock so i'm not positive if that had anything to do with it.

I'm pretty sure mine was more open than that, it was a prostock so i'm not positive if that had anything to do with it.

I'm sure it did, because the 2 P91s I have look exactly like donkey's picture.

P91 is absolutely my favorite pattern, I gues I've been using it so much I'm used to the lie now (former modo user).

i like it but it is not the same as a drury like alot of people seem to think. its the closest thing bauer makes but the curve seems deeper than a drury to me. personally, i like the drury better but the bauer sticks seem to have a much better feel and last longer for me compared to eastons (i have a kovalchuk xxx lite and an sl drury).

i like it but it is not the same as a drury like alot of people seem to think. its the closest thing bauer makes but the curve seems deeper than a drury to me. personally, i like the drury better but the bauer sticks seem to have a much better feel and last longer for me compared to eastons (i have a kovalchuk xxx lite and an sl drury).

I thought it was pretty close, except for the lie, which was too high for me. I've got some Adrenaline P19's which I like better than the Easton Drury's

Not to highjack the thread...How do you shoot differently with a Kovalchuk (Heel) versus something like Sakic? Any tips on what may be different with a heel curve?

Not to highjack the thread...How do you shoot differently with a Kovalchuk (Heel) versus something like Sakic? Any tips on what may be different with a heel curve?

Let the puck roll heel to toe as you shoot. It requires more wrist and forearm strength than a sakic.

I thought it was pretty close, except for the lie, which was too high for me. I've got some Adrenaline P19's which I like better than the Easton Drury's

i got a prostock adrenaline with a p19 as well. with the different lie then a drudy it didn't take to long to adjust. I'll see how the the p91 goes in my winwell g500 when it arrives.

This is a pro stock P91 I bought on ebay. Not the greatest shot, but thats because I didn't take it ;)

triflexops26oy.th.jpg

It sure is! I only paid $30 for it though.